• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki trailer w/ 5sec gameplay

Wish there was more gameplay in the vid, but what I saw looked pretty nice. Really like the character designs and animation so far.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Looks as much as I expected. Seemed to be a bit of a framerate issue in the exploration mode though that could just be a problem with the video itself.

I dig the characterization a bit more with this trailer, though I enjoyed their initial design anyway.

thcsquad

Looks great, but it just makes me sad that the game most likely won't make it outside Japan.

The overall style reminds me of III, but the battle scenes reminded me more of II for some reason.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Effing finally. Talk about getting a belated Christmas present...

Feeling good about importing this sucker now. Music's great too (who noticed the slight Beginning Theme arrangement? :p)... so I might either import the soundtrack separately, or get the bundle.

Anyone who wants plot/alliances info can check out this post of mine. The skill inheritance system is detailed here. Edit: Ehh, there should be new info this week, but I've been super-busy with Christmas and gatherings and whatnot to even take a look at anything. Uhh... Looks like the theme song is "The Giving Tree" by Chiaki Ishikawa.

RSLAEV

Yeah... hard for me to get hyped over cutscenes-the gameplay didn't look too bad for PSP but there wasn't much to go on.

And I'll always believe that the heart of Suikoden is stories of political conflict and the clash of opposing ideologies. All these shots of zapping giant monsters doesn't exactly fill me with confidence...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
And I'll always believe that the heart of Suikoden is stories of political conflict and the clash of opposing ideologies. All these shots of zapping giant monsters doesn't exactly fill me with confidence...
You're in luck since it seems like the narrative focuses on the political bits quite a bit. Zapping the giant monster appears to be a diversion on behalf of the Aionian Empire to take over surrounding territories.

It's weird to see such a focus on monsters in the trailer, especially such grotesque looking ones. And, holy throwbacks. The burning town, sitting on the city walls at sunset and the Arshtat wannabe, among other things. :/

The battle system looks alright and the character designs are okay, but I'm still not really feeling it. I'm so conflicted. What will supporting this game gain? Will we ever get Suikoden VI, or just more spin-offs...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's the thing... with all the cross-promotion they're doing with the old Genso Suikoden world (ex: Tir/Riou in Frontier Gate, reprinting the encyclopedia and bundling it with this game, saying that they're finally taking preorders for the Soundtrack Box and if they reach 1000 they'll start printing it... it seems like they want to bring fans back?

But who knows if this will go towards more spinoffs or an eventual Suikoden VI? I'm sure you know that Komuta is the director for this game. D:

They're doing a fantastic job of advertising that aspect of the game then, wouldn't you say?

On a less snide note, they really need to speed up the combat animations to more like Suikoden 2's level. That hopping attack was painful.
I don't even know, man. The only thing I see covering this is Dengeki, and even in the articles, sometimes it seems like the writers don't even know half the stuff about the game. Most of the stuff being written about in the issues are plot elements and character descriptions. I have barely seen anything about battles until last week or so. @_@ I guess I'll translate that new article now, then... :p

I haven't really enjoyed Genso Suikoden's animations since GS2, to be honest (though GS5 kinda got there, I guess). Ever since I saw that this game is going to be wholly 3D--and judging on how Konami's Frontier Gate is holding up in the textures/animations area--I don't think the animations are going to be terribly awesome for this game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
All done. Now I can get some sleep and wake up for Boxing Day~

Previous translations, entries and info:
Main character descriptions and pics
Boxart
The four other characters, incl. the hero's ancestor
Story Summary
The Holy Empire of Aionia
First Half of the Article Regarding Regional/Political Landscape; PSP Themes
Second Half of the Article Regarding The Scarlet Axe and its Members
The "Hand Down" Skill Inheritance System

I’m done with translating the “story” section because most of the time, it’s expanding what we know about the story but adding little details. This time, it adds a part where:

“…upon inheriting a technique from his ancestor Torwald, [the main character and his party] head to the town of Shuraat. But they were interrogated and then taken to an audience with the Holy Aionian Emperor Leopherias XIII. Meanwhile, the Centennial Monster approaches Shuraat…”

Anyway, the meat of it all...

System – Battle

Six party members can be used in battle. Like the previous games, battles are turn-based. In this game, additional command options such as “hand down” [Ed: this was actually called “tradition” 伝承, but I think “hand down” works better here in context] and “strategy” have been added to the battle menu. In the older Genso Suikoden titles, magic and skills had a set number of times you could use them (think 9/5/3/1); and in the previous game, Tierkreis, they were based on MP. In this game, a completely different magic system will be used. You can use skills by using the energy bar above the HP bar. Detailed information about this system will come at a later date.

System – Party Formation

Much like in previous Genso Suikoden games, you can arrange party members to your liking (ex: I guess this means you can put whomever in your party, and arrange them according to S/M/L). You can also change which characters you are in control of with the △ button [Ed: ? I'd like to see context for that.]. On the formation screen, you can arrange up to 6 characters in two rows of three.

System – Hand Down

By putting heroes of the past/ancestors in your party, other characters will be able to inherit some of their skills/techniques. This is called the “Hand Down” system. It establishes the characters of the past as “Masters”, and the characters of the present as “Students”. During battle, when the Master character uses the "Hand Down" option, the skill's training rate will increase. When it reaches 100%, the student character will be able to inherit the past character's skill.

System – Unite Attack

On the formation screen is the phrase "Double Leader." It’s likely the hero and Torwald's Unite Attack.

System – Magic Effects

Even when stacked up with the rest of the series, the magic effects are a bit of a spectacle.

Character Info

Regius
Seiyuu: Sho Hayami
“There are too many strange things in this world. Have you ever given that a thought?”

A man who strongly desires to learn the truths of the world. He introduces himself as the hero’s strategist. He’s comfortable with using any means necessary to learn the truth. He’s a strategic genius, his might in battle is high, and he even fights on the front lines! According to the writer, he seems a lot like Genso Suikoden II’s Shu.

Hayami, the voice actor, notes: At first, I thought he was like a silent ninja, but he talks endlessly with the hero. (laughs) He seems cool at first glance, but in his body, in his heart, he has a sense of morality. I think he’s honestly a good person.”

The Holy Aionian Empire (200 years in the past)
Going back in time by 100 years, the main character meets with his heroic ancestor, Torwald. The war that concern the Centennial Monster calls the Stars of Destiny to the past. Upon arriving 200 years in the past, they saw the Holy Aionian Imperial Army and the Empress, Astrid, who led them. They meet the hero and Torwald’s ancestor Shildis, and many other people of the past… setting a fateful chain of events into motion.

Astrid
Seiyuu: Kikuko Inoue
“Look carefully at the world’s truth!”

The woman with ringlets in the middle of the game’s cover illustration. The Holy Aionian Empress who, 200 years ago, was called the Empress General. She’s quite proficient in magic. As the leader of the 2nd Branch, she’s achieved victory in the battle against the Centennial Monster. She is a respected aristocrat, beloved by her people.

Ms Inoue, the voice actress, writes, “As an Empress, she risks her life for her people and tries to protect the world. She’s a very strong woman, but deep down, she has a sweet playful side to her too.”

Maximos Zafir
Seiyuu: Shintaro Asanuma
“If you don’t know, then any foolish thought will do.”

The man with long braided hair in the upper-left of the game’s cover. He was the former leader of the Holy Aionian Empire’s Shining Leaf Knights. Ever since the battle against the Centennial Monster, he’s become Empress Astrid’s guard, at the Emperor’s insistence. He also left behind the Blue Flash style of combat.

Radneen
Seiyuu: Kentaro Yamasaki
“You dare mock Her Majesty Astrid? Do you intend to insult the Holy Aionian Empire itself?!”

He is the one-horned demi-human at the top of the game’s cover art. He is a kenpo user, and is part of the Scaleford tribe. The members of this tribe’s entire bodies are covered with hard scales. He is very successful among this era’s tribe, and has sworn loyalty to Empress Astrid who appointed him.

Lete/Rete
Seiyuu: Hisako Kanemoto
“Will you inherit my magic?”

A mage who, upon becoming aware of her lifespan, leads a secluded life in Perrier Forest and awaits the moment of her death. Her clothes appear to be like those worn by the Holy Imperial Army’s high-class mages… but…

Rodrick
Seiyuu: Keiji Fujiwara
“I don’t think you’ll forgive me, but I have to take responsibility.”

One of the common people of Multillion [Ed: this is a town], and an archer belonging to the 2nd Branch of the army who was dispatched to Fort Zeftiros. He easily blames things on himself, a stark contrast to his intimidating appearance.

Shildis
Seiyuu: Naoko Yasuda
“You may be one of my descendants.”

200 years ago, this genius swordswoman played an active role in the “First Laspharma Interception War”. She is most likely an ancestor of both the Hero and Torwald. She founded the Blue Flash [ed: I’m super-tempted to start translating this as “Blue Lightning” now] style of swordplay together with Maximos Zafir.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Suikodeeeeeeeen. ;_;

The fancy dressed female looks like Arshtat though.

Midou

ARGH ... not enough gameplay ..but what i saw seemed nice

Give more information and i can get behind this project ..

Well I mean it looked like a 6 character traditional turn-based combat system, which is what you'd expect for at least one of the types of combat. I hope it does have multiple types like previous games though.

Suikoden V was one of my favorite PS2 RPGs, it's one of the franchises I was really disappointed to not see any major entries this gen for. Hopefully this is good AND gets localized, even if on the Vita or something.

Well I mean it looked like a 6 character traditional turn-based combat system, which is what you'd expect for at least one of the types of combat. I hope it does have multiple types like previous games though.

Suikoden V was one of my favorite PS2 RPGs, it's one of the franchises I was really disappointed to not see any major entries this gen for. Hopefully this is good AND gets localized, even if on the Vita or something.

If it isn't obvious by my avatar i digg suikoden 5 a lot .. i was cold toward this because i didn't see anything in-game, and now i'm warm ..

i really thought they had found the right premise/cast to direct suikoden after 5.. maybe i'll hope ...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If it isn't obvious by my avatar i digg suikoden 5 a lot .. i was cold toward this because i didn't see anything in-game, and now i'm warm ..

i really thought they had found the right premise/cast to direct suikoden after 5.. maybe i'll hope ...
If it makes you feel better, the guy who wrote Genso Suikoden V is involved in this project. :p

From the stuff I've read regarding the politics of this nation, I think I'll give the game a chance. It seems like they want to do better than Tierkreis anyway. I am lamenting that we're not getting Genso Suikoden VI, but part of me feels like if this does well, we might get one eventually. On the other hand, will this result in more spinoffs? I don't know. Konami's going to great lengths to acknowledge the old world, it seems.

I've been waiting for Genso Suikoden VI for 5-6 years. I need it. The team who worked on GS5 seemed like a good fit for the project, and I really wanted to see more from them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Will it come to the us?
It's on PSP, developed by Konami (presumably--I have to wonder if Tri-Ace is lending their talents to this as well) and published by Konami in Japan.

...It doesn't seem very likely. I will be surprised if they do bring it over.

Yuterald

Eh, this looks more like Suikoden after it's been Tales-ified. It's like the Shining Force Neo/EXA to Shining Force. I don't know, not feeling it. Looks like it might shape up to be a decent RPG, but it's certainly no Suikoden I & II still.

i'm feeling the music. still can't get used to the char. design. the wannabe arshtat seems so unnecessary. the focus on monsters in that trailer is worrying as well.

still, that trailer was very well done, so my hype factor went up from 5% to 29%. i miss suikoden.

Buttons

This looks really interesting. Would love to see this game in English in some form, maybe on the Vita one day? *__*

23nnf.jpg

Big Daddy?

Midou

It's on PSP, developed by Konami (presumably--I have to wonder if Tri-Ace is lending their talents to this as well) and published by Konami in Japan.

I think some of these late PSP titles like Suikoden and Sora no Kiseki SC for NA release will need to get some kind of Vita version to have any chance.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

My dream of Star Ocean and Suikoden (my favorites series besides FF) collaborating with each other is getting closer. :D

Takao

Banned
I think some of these late PSP titles like Suikoden and Sora no Kiseki SC for NA release will need to get some kind of Vita version to have any chance.

I'd write off the Kiseki games entirely at this point. There's way too many of them with too much text for XSEED to handle.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
R_thanatos said:
yeah i know you told me that before ..thanks for the translations by the ways
It's nice to know people are reading them. ^_^

ULTROS! said:
My dream of Star Ocean and Suikoden (my favorites series besides FF) collaborating with each other is getting closer. :D
Who knows, they might have been responsible for the coding of Tir McDohl's armour in Frontier Gate! :lol

The unfortunate thing is that we're talking about Konami here, not a smaller publisher who would take risks with PSP games like this like Aksys, Atlus or XSEED.

If Woven Web gets localized and put up on PSN for digital consumption for Vita users, Go users and PSP users, I'll be pleasantly surprised and double-dip to support the series. I don't really see Konami doing this, though. I don't think they really care... if Tierkreis in the US, with a somewhat sizable DS install base, sold like this up to June 2011, I'm not sure if we'll get a game that isn't numbered. Colour me surprised if they do bring it over.

Bebpo

Banned
I hate to be that guy, but this looks terrible.

The combat was so slow in that trailer. Nothing at all reminiscent of the great Suikoden 1/2 battle system. Running the map looked empty and the camera was way too close. The rest was generic anime.

This game is going to suck, there's a reason they've been hiding the footage of the gameplay and still are.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I hate to be that guy, but this looks terrible.

The combat was so slow in that trailer. Nothing at all reminiscent of the great Suikoden 1/2 battle system. Running the map looked empty and the camera was way too close. The rest was generic anime.

This game is going to suck, there's a reason they've been hiding the footage of the gameplay and still are.
Not to mention that in magazines, you get tiny little in-game shots which really don't amount to much, and all they do is talk about the scenario while keeping stuff about the battle system (that is, until now) out of conversation. Compare this to Tierkreis, and we got a lot of media for that after its announcement.

From a scenario perspective, I'm liking what I'm hearing in terms of the multigenerational political stuff.

From a graphical perspective, I dislike the textures (particularly on the ground) that the game uses. Ever since the series transitioned into 3D I haven't really liked the models they've used (though GS5's aren't bad), nor have I gotten attached to the animations (though, again, GS5's was acceptable). I genuinely wish they went into a sprite-based direction for this game just because it wouldn't look as... dour (the colour palette choices in some settings and during battle don't seem very good here either).

The Hand Down system has me intrigued, so I'm looking forward to that. The magic system in this game makes me a little worried--and that was one of Genso Suikoden's greatest strengths. They keep saying "more on that later", and it doesn't use the standard runic system or an MP system like Tierkreis. It seems like it's more of a stamina-type of system or something (this is speculation on my part; it looks like a meter, but I have no idea how this works). Plus HP number maxes are much larger than your standard Genso Suikoden title's. I don't really like the sidebar showing which attacks characters are using since that takes up time too. Maybe it was the editing, but the system seemed slower than GS1/2/5's (partially because of the camera pans). :/

Not to mention that Komuta directing this makes me nervous, especially since Sakiyama (director of GS5) is apparently still at Konami and apparently he wants to make another Genso Suikoden game. I don't get it...

I'll get this because I'm intrigued, and the trailer's music had me pumped. But I still feel divided on how I truly feel about the game overall. From the first screenshots posted on the site, I didn't really like how it looked at all. And the character designs made me realize how much I missed Fumi Ishikawa's work (it isn't hers; though the person who did the cover art for this game is GS1's artist).

Now I'm depressed. :/

Bebpo

Banned
Not to mention that in magazines, you get tiny little in-game shots which really don't amount to much, and all they do is talk about the scenario while keeping stuff about the battle system (that is, until now) out of conversation. Compare this to Tierkreis, and we got a lot of media for that after its announcement.

From a scenario perspective, I'm liking what I'm hearing in terms of the multigenerational political stuff.

From a graphical perspective, I dislike the textures (particularly on the ground) that the game uses. Ever since the series transitioned into 3D I haven't really liked the models they've used (though GS5's aren't bad), nor have I gotten attached to the animations (though, again, GS5's was acceptable). I genuinely wish they went into a sprite-based direction for this game just because it wouldn't look as... dour (the colour palette choices in some settings and during battle don't seem very good here either).

The Hand Down system has me intrigued, so I'm looking forward to that. The magic system in this game makes me a little worried--and that was one of Genso Suikoden's greatest strengths. They keep saying "more on that later", and it doesn't use the standard runic system or an MP system like Tierkreis. It seems like it's more of a stamina-type of system or something (this is speculation on my part; it looks like a meter, but I have no idea how this works). Plus HP number maxes are much larger than your standard Genso Suikoden title's. I don't really like the sidebar showing which attacks characters are using since that takes up time too. Maybe it was the editing, but the system seemed slower than GS1/2/5's (partially because of the camera pans). :/

Not to mention that Komuta directing this makes me nervous, especially since Sakiyama (director of GS5) is apparently still at Konami and apparently he wants to make another Genso Suikoden game. I don't get it...

I'll get this because I'm intrigued, and the trailer's music had me pumped. But I still feel divided on how I truly feel about the game overall. From the first screenshots posted on the site, I didn't really like how it looked at all. And the character designs made me realize how much I missed Fumi Ishikawa's work (it isn't hers; though the person who did the cover art for this game is GS1's artist).

Now I'm depressed. :/

If you have low expectations, maybe it will surpass them ;)

daoster

REally? People are liking the music for this one? Suikoden hasn't had a really good soundtrack since IV (it skipped 3).

If they had Kawano design the cover art for this game, I don't understand why they couldn't get her to just design the artwork in the game too...these characters are looking like Tales rejects.

If you have low expectations, maybe it will surpass them ;)

It's useless to have high expectations considering what konami is doing with teh suikoden franchise.
If konami had reals plans for suikoden , they would have released the suiko1+2 on psp in america YEARS Ago..

If they really had plans , they would have gone to the Home console route , not with DS ( and now psp ).

Seeing as i'm a fan , expecting much at this point of time is counter productive .. you won't get much. Most of the people following suikoden news are already Glad they didn't follow teikreis route completly and are looking for Differents way to keep up with the current times /trends.

This might be CLICHE , but this is not the suikoden we want , but the one we deserve ( maybe ) while we wait for better days to arrive.

REally? People are liking the music for this one? Suikoden hasn't had a really good soundtrack since IV (it skipped 3).
I don't see something wrong with Suikoden 5 soundtrack ( aside from THAT town music )

daoster

It's useless to have high expectations considering what konami is doing with teh suikoden franchise.
If konami had reals plans for suikoden , they would have released the suiko1+2 on psp in america YEARS Ago..

Why? It's not like the port lit up the charts in Japan, and even if the PSP was doing somewhat okay at that time in the US, it's not like a niche RPG would have done well here.

Aeana

If they had Kawano design the cover art for this game, I don't understand why they couldn't get her to just design the artwork in the game too...these characters are looking like Tales rejects.

I thought 3 had some really great music.

Exceeding Love, To the Sealed Land, Stupid Ducks, Farm Village, Searching for a Hero are all wonderful. It also has a totally brilliant arrange album in the Music Collection.

Dark Schala will inevitably come in and link some Suikoden 5 music now.

Aeana

This looks nothing like Suikoden at all and I am perplexed as to why anyone is looking forward to this.

Well, perhaps they aren't looking forward to it because of the Suikoden name, but because it looks like an interesting RPG to them. Dark Schala not withstanding.

Well, perhaps they aren't looking forward to it because of the Suikoden name, but because it looks like an interesting RPG to them. Dark Schala not withstanding.

I dunno why it has the Suikoden name, then. This isn't Suikoden. In fact, it's most likely going to be garbage like Tierkreis was.

Why? It's not like the port lit up the charts in Japan, and even if the PSP was doing somewhat okay at that time in the US, it's not like a niche RPG would have done well here.

Actually i say afterward that their desire for no Home console Suikoden was my explanation for the low expectations ..
Going DS was a stupid move considering the scope of suikoden games IMO. ( Everyone suffered for that and yes i'm aware that there are plenty of great RPGS on the ds )

Actually, you can thank Sony for blocking the American release of that.

OH really ? what's the reason ? it can't be 2D .. as valkyrie profile leneth succeeded into being localised ..

This looks nothing like Suikoden at all and I am perplexed as to why anyone is looking forward to this.

Because it might ( might ) be a good game ?

Midou

I'd write off the Kiseki games entirely at this point. There's way too many of them with too much text for XSEED to handle.

I do not write games off! I'm still holding out for Shenmue 3. :eek:

XSEED said they are doing it with a smaller team though, and Falcom talked about a potential Vita versions of other Kiseki games like SC, considering I'm holding out on Shenmue just because Yu Suzuki on occasion says he would like to do it, having 2 pieces of things to hold out hope for is more than enough for me.

Actually i say afterward that their desire for no Home console Suikoden was my explanation for the low expectations ..
Going DS was a stupid move considering the scope of suikoden games IMO. ( Everyone suffered for that and yes i'm aware that there are plenty of great RPGS on the ds )

OH really ? what's the reason ? it can't be 2D .. as valkyrie profile leneth succeeded into being localised ..

Because it might ( might ) be a good game ?

Tierkreis might (might) have been a good game. It was not.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I thought 3 had some really great music.

Exceeding Love, To the Sealed Land, Stupid Ducks, Farm Village, Searching for a Hero are all wonderful. It also has a totally brilliant arrange album in the Music Collection.

Dark Schala will inevitably come in and link some Suikoden 5 music now.
Did someone call for some Suikoden V music? ;)

Oboro Detective Agency (electric piano? yes, please), Wind of Phantom (with the surprise electric guitar), The White Sorceress (because Touching Theme is always good), A Power Like the Sun (dat harpsichord and high strings), The Godwin Family Castle (with a lovely sitar segment), A Sad Wish (flute/guitar/choral blend), Castle of Dawn (wonderful use of brass, bells, xylophones, not relying too much on the percussion to carry the piece), and Determination ~Tragic Battle~ (great blend of woodwind and strings as an emotional battle theme).

The simplicity of The Two Guardian Runes' solo guitar (higher strings) works well to covey mystery and elegance. Even the awkwardfest that was Haud Village's theme was pretty great for what it was trying to accomplish, with its misplaced steel band. I genuinely cannot see people disliking the soundtrack because it sets the same tone, mood and atmosphere as the Higashino soundtracks. It also used various instruments to supplement the landscape properly, liberally using harpsichords, bass, guitar, brass, sitars, flutes, mandolines, etc. It's really damn awesome. The addition of the electric piano was a pleasant surprise.

While Higashino isn't there to give Suikoden its soundscape, I think the teams and sound directors who worked on GS4, Rhapsodia, GS5, and Tierkreis (even though Higashino was supposed to work on it) were amazing, while GS3's soundtrack certainly had gems of its own which also became recurring themes throughout the rest of the series (ex: Midwinter Land). Through the composition and arrangements, you can easily tell they're trying to maintain the ethnic/cultural influences, pumping percussion, emotional themes and glorious themes that the original Kukeiha Club and Miki Higashino/Keiko Fukami injected into the first four Genso Suikoden/gaiden soundtracks. I think they've done this successfully, and created memorable rhythms of their own.

I get the feeling that Tierkreis's soundtrack is terribly underrated (much like GS4's and Rhapsodia's soundtracks) because of its attachment to a sub-par Genso Suikoden game. But I don't understand the dislike because works much like a regular old Genso Suikoden soundtrack does, with cultural-inspired flavours and great percussion. It was really fantastic for a DS game, and even if my mind wasn't blown away by Tierkreis itself, the music was very pleasing to the ear. Norikazu Miura, Yoshino Aoki, Masaharu Iwata, Kaori Komuro, Hitoshi Fujima, Junpei Fujita, Tomoaki Hirono, Daisuke Kikuta, and Masato Nakayama worked on it... and what they produced, such as: The Plain and the Sky, Porpos' Home, Clash with the Librarian, and Perpetual Day... are very wonderful to hear while playing through the game.

I would imagine that "night before the final battle" theme will be an arranged version of The Giving Tree (the OP theme). Tierkreis's "Theme of a Moonlit Night" was an arrangement of Tears in the Sky (Tierkreis's OP theme).

ZephyrFate said:
I dunno why it has the Suikoden name, then. This isn't Suikoden. In fact, it's most likely going to be garbage like Tierkreis was.
Spinoff. It seems like an interesting RPG nonetheless, scenario-wise (which seems to be more Suikoden-esque than Tierkreis was; outside of the "trees" bit). I'm sure people going into this will have low expectations (like I do). I'm not treating this like a pure Genso Suikoden game, that's for sure. There could be a chance where it isn't a good RPG at all.

Scenario's shaping up to be better than Tierkreis's, which was a bore in comparison to other Suikoden games. It took me three attempts to actually play through that game since I was so disappointed in it. Woven Web's skill system seems interesting; battle system/speed seems... iffy, however.

ZephyrFate said:
Tierkreis is a good, solid DS RPG. It is not a good Genso Suikoden game.

But this time they are learning fromm it and changing things ..i'm not going to hate this game without giving it a chance .

Sure the Runes limit system is gone but the hand down system might be a worthwhile addition.. I'm going in with low expectations but i'm still giving it a chance.

Top Bottom