• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

badcrumble said:
I wouldn't mind if Kratos fought a living version of the zombified minotaur from the first game. Of course, wholly new boss designs would be preferable. I'm hoping we get to fight Stheno at some point - it'd be seriously disappointing not to finish out the trilogy by slaying the last of the three Gorgon sisters.

I think it said that we would fight Medusa in a past Gamepro magazine. But according to the story Medusa died in the first game. Yes, so it would have to be Stheno. Also, Medusa was supposed to be Queen of the Gorgons, so why is she so weak and puny compared to Euryale? Medusa was no different than a normal Gorgon.

Does anybody think Hercules will show up? He is one of the most popular ancient Greek characters and must somehow be involved in Kratos's story. I also kinda expect a rematch with Aries in Hades for some weird reason.

badcrumble said:
I wouldn't mind if Kratos fought a living version of the zombified minotaur from the first game. Of course, wholly new boss designs would be preferable. I'm hoping we get to fight Stheno at some point - it'd be seriously disappointing not to finish out the trilogy by slaying the last of the three Gorgon sisters.

I don't know much about greek myth so I wiki'ed Stheno. not much info in her wiki entry, but I like this one

'Of the three Gorgons, she was known to be the most independent and ferocious, having killed more men than both of her sisters combined'

how fitting for her to be the last gorgon sister we have to fight throughout God of War trilogy.:D

Does anybody think Hercules will show up? He is one of the most popular ancient Greek characters and must somehow be involved in Kratos's story. I also kinda expect a rematch with Aries in Hades for some weird reason.

well, there's speculation that we got Cestus from Herakles . and about Ares. I don't know, do gods go to hades when they died? I don't think so, otherwise, what prevent Ares to just go out of Hades like Kratos did.

Gow2 and CoO kind of messed up the myth of how to kill a god isn't it? in GoW1 you need Pandora's Box to acquire the power of Gods and kill Ares. but in the prequel CoO, you can kill the last boss without pandora's box

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mikael Åkerfeldt (singer and guitarist from opeth) has written a song for the games soundtrack going by his myspace blog.

Fuck. Yes :D

I wish the crazy version wasn't so bloody expensive in aus. $280 is an absurd amount of money.

Callibretto said:
I don't know much about greek myth so I wiki'ed Stheno. not much info in her wiki entry, but I like this one

'Of the three Gorgons, she was known to be the most independent and ferocious, having killed more men than both of her sisters combined'

how fitting for her to be the last gorgon sister we have to fight throughout God of War trilogy.:D
If we've fought a fat Gorgon and plenty of normal ones, I think it'd be cool for Stheno to be incredibly long and the most serpentine in body of any of them - based on what has been said about the animation for the Leviathan, it'd be pretty cool to fight a terrifically well-animated giant snake sort of enemy - like two or three times as long as Euryale but not as thick.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Host Samurai said:
I think it said that we would fight Medusa in a past Gamepro magazine. But according to the story Medusa died in the first game. Yes, so it would have to be Stheno. Also, Medusa was supposed to be Queen of the Gorgons, so why is she so weak and puny compared to Euryale? Medusa was no different than a normal Gorgon.

If a magazine said something about medusa, they probably meant gorgon. I remember reading that you can
use their heads temporarily when you kill them

Also, Heracles is all but guaranteed to make an appearance.
Scans from Famitsu showed a human guy with the Cestus, a lion mask, and claw-mark scars on his chest. 99% sure he's Heracles.

badcrumble said:
If we've fought a fat Gorgon and plenty of normal ones, I think it'd be cool for Stheno to be incredibly long and the most serpentine in body of any of them - based on what has been said about the animation for the Leviathan, it'd be pretty cool to fight a terrifically well-animated giant snake sort of enemy - like two or three times as long as Euryale but not as thick.

If they could adequately capture the motion of a snake, that would be a scary ass boss fight. Biologically accurate motion is something I want to see more of in general in games and I think it could be a great source of emotional impact.

evlcookie said:
Mikael Åkerfeldt (singer and guitarist from opeth) has written a song for the games soundtrack going by his myspace blog.

Fuck. Yes :D

I wish the crazy version wasn't so bloody expensive in aus. $280 is an absurd amount of money.

In case you didn't already know, several of Roadrunner Records bands are working on tracks for a GOW album. No idea if they'll be integrated into the game aside from the credits and probably a music video though.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/12/god-of-war-blood-metal-ep-announced/

badcrumble said:

I think it'd be cool if it's multi stage fight and we had to fight her in the dark at first. hearing hiss sound she make and a glimpse of light source here and there show a quick glimpse of her. also have some camera view from her perspective looking at Kratos, a bit like Chimera intro in the demo, I love that. the feel of you're being watched by something.

the cave section in the demo and the camera angle when they first show Chimera just inspire and remind me of how much potential they could use their lighting and camera angle to tell a very tense moment.

hey_it's_that_dog said:
If they could adequately capture the motion of a snake, that would be a scary ass boss fight. Biologically accurate motion is something I want to see more of in general in games and I think it could be a great source of emotional impact.
Yeah, exactly - one of the biggest upgrades in God of War 2 was in the animation, and from everything we've been hearing this is going to be the case for the third game as well. An enemy moving like a real live snake would be incredibly fucking cool and could be seriously intimidating.

God of War reality show incoming:
"Spike TV is currently casting for a new competition featuring God of War 3 and we want hardcore gamers to participate! SPIKE challenges the biggest God of War fans to embrace their inner warrior on a quest to become the last titan standing. Can you take the game character's physical power, knack for solving puzzles, and awesome finishing moves and bring it in real-life? Enlist now!"

Requirements are:

* Hardcore gamers willing to compete in physical, mental and gaming challenges
* Males/Females
* AT LEAST 21 years old and up
* in good mental and physical health (willing to go through any necessary background/ medical checks if selected)
* valid government issued driver's license
* living in or willing to travel to LA or Las Vegas

Oh, and do note this important bit of info: ifyou do get picked, you will have to provide for your own transportation and accommodations.

If you think you may have a shot at this, you may send your application via the link below. Email subject should be "God of War 3" should include the following.

* NAME:
* PHONE:
* EMAIL:
* RECENT PHOTO:
* Answer the following questions:
* Why are you the biggest God of War fan?
* What is your favorite Boss Battle?
* What other games do you play?

Good luck to all you aspiring contestants! We'll be seeing you on Spike TV!

It'll probably be unbelievably stupid. But it's going to keep the games now out there, which is good. This definitely isn't a game that people can say Sony isn't pushing.

slade

Hercules has to be in the game if for no other reason then because, according to the myths, he was supposed to save Olympus when the Titans rebelled.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
slade said:
Hercules has to be in the game if for no other reason then because, according to the myths, he was supposed to save Olympus when the Titans rebelled.

He has to be in if for no other reason than to be disemboweled by Kratos.

LowParry

slade said:

Meaning, we'll get a QTE with Kratos tearing off his arms and using them to open some gate he can't open with his own strength. :D

slade

CcrooK said:
Meaning, we'll get a QTE with Kratos tearing off his arms and using them to open some gate he can't open with his own strength. :D

I'd love for the end scene in GOW3 to be the exact opposite. Santa Monica Studios probably don't have the balls to do that though.

Valkyr Junkie said:
In case you didn't already know, several of Roadrunner Records bands are working on tracks for a GOW album. No idea if they'll be integrated into the game aside from the credits and probably a music video though.

You know what will be hilarious? Godsmack music suddenly starts playing as you fight enemies in level 3 :D Oh god, the meltdowns will be epic.

sorry if already posted

gow1.jpg

gow2.jpg

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNcKQ37RgvQ

neorej

ERMYGERD!
slade said:

Since when does God of War give a shit about the actual myths?

Yoboman

xtheEnemy said:
wait what? totally different from what I know..

R2_chi_levGrab.jpg

:D

seriously though, it looks like a mutated pegasus.
The finished product doesn't?

god-of-war-iii-screens-20100118091713051.jpg

Make note of how small Kratos is next to it

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yoboman said:
The finished product doesn't?

god-of-war-iii-screens-20100118091713051.jpg

Make note of how small Kratos is next to it

this is an amazing picture, he is fighting this gigantic creature on top of a colossus

:D march cant come soon enough

Melchiah

Valkyr Junkie said:

I seriously hope not, as I hate all the bands that were mentioned there, and the inclusion of their music would partly ruin the game for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valkyr Junkie said:

Aren't they recording for the metal EP (or is it an LP?) that's being bundled with the CEs?

Alastor

Host Samurai said:
Does anybody think Hercules will show up?

As a spoiler, just in case.

Hercules is confirmed, SCE Poland announced some time ago the first part of our local actors who will be in polish version. Yes, there's one who will voice Hercules.

Alastor said:
As a spoiler, just in case.

Hercules is confirmed, SCE Poland announced some time ago the first part of our local actors who will be in polish version. Yes, there's one who will voice Hercules.
This is the first I've heard of that anywhere, interesting.

Melchiah

Combichristoffersen said:
Brace for angry Opeth fanboys.

:lol

I just think a music with vocals doesn't usually suit games well, with few exceptions, like Silent Hill series. And eventhough I listen to metal (harsher than Opeth), I don't think metal in particular fits games, apart from the likes of Brutal Legend and Guitar Hero.

Melchiah said:
I seriously hope not, as I hate all the bands that were mentioned there, and the inclusion of their music would partly ruin the game for me.

A few of those bands could provide instrumental tracks that would actually fit the atmosphere of the series pretty well.

Top Bottom