• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "God of War 3D Adventure" at Sony Conference says Forbes

Pooya

http://blogs.forbes.com/johngaudios...-up-solid-slate-of-original-games-at-e3-2011/

I was able to get hands-on time with most of Sony’s big games before E3 2011. The following are some thoughts on these games as well as videos that show you more of what’s in store for each title. Sony’s press conference will announce some additional titles, including a new God of War 3D adventure, but these five titles should help drive sales of PS3 hardware this year and also keep PS3 gamers happy now that the hacking incident is over.

I don't think it means it's an adventure game, he probably means like the other God of War games. and going by the article it's for PS3.

thanks @imteey for the the tip.

BeeDog

The more God of War, the merrier. Since the core tech is solid as is, SSM will have much more time to come up with amazing set-pieces.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
miladesn said:
I don't think it means it's an adventure game, he probably means like the other God of War games.

thanks @imteey for the the tip.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right since generally mainstream blogs call first person shooters "shoot 'em ups", despite that being a tremendously different genre.

Tron 2.0

I'm guessing this just means it'll be 3D capable.

Wasn't it rumored to not be called God of War 4? Probably takes place between two of the other games.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Egyptian God of War pls.

demolitio

I wouldn't mind them visiting an Egyptian theme at some point or another. Honestly, they can't go wrong with any mythology/religion as long as the gameplay and mature rating is there. :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Can't wait to see their latest work on that engine. They really should get good wear out of it, it would be a shame if there was only one GoW on it.

Elixist

dint sony recently file for the name God of War 4? Hopefully thats this, I hope for a new hero and moves. Time to start fresh me hopes.

Luigiv

Egyptian or Norse Mythology please. Maybe Hindu. Judeo-Christian wouldn't work because their is no Judeo-Christian God of War.

If they bring back Kratos, though, I'm out.

demolitio

Luigiv said:
Egyptian or Norse Mythology please. Maybe Hindu. Judeo-Christian wouldn't work because their is no Judeo-Christian God of War.

If they bring back Kratos, though, I'm out.
You wouldn't want to play a game where you play as the Ark of the Covenant? :(

HK-47 said:
Shinto or Hindu?

The outrage over a Hindu setting from the hindu-community would be enormous. No way SSM is risking that. It seems El Shaddai was too abstract for the hatemongering people to understand.

So Greek/Norse/Egyptian pantheons seem most likely. They could also troll us hard and use the Roman names.... Kill Mars and your dad Jupiter! and let it play out in Rome :D

I wouldn't mind a God of War where you play Kratos brother, he looked pretty badass in that trailer for the latest GoW on PSP.

Withnail

Hopefully those of us without 3D TV will also benefit through increased resolution or framerate. GOW3 already looked incredible.

Luigiv

demolitio said:
You wouldn't want to play a game where you play as the Ark of the Covenant? :(
Because the series title is God of War, which implies the game contains some form of God of War. No Monothetic religion would work in that regard.

We wouldn't want to have another Metroid, Halo or Resident Evil on our hands would we?

gembel

hmm couldn't this also be the official announcement of the remaster of the 2 PSP GoW titles as it was revealed by SCE Asia? Maybe they'll add 3D just like Ico/Sotc collection and MH3

gembel said:
hmm couldn't this also be the official announcement of the remaster of the 2 PSP GoW titles as it was revealed by SCE Asia? Maybe they'll add 3D just like Ico/Sotc collection and MH3

Could very well be, I hope it's a new game though. Norse mythology would be awesome.

odhiex

Please be true... a new God of War game...please!!

It would make sense for the sequel (or prequel whatever) ... for 2012. 2 years cycles.

Top Bottom