• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God Of War III screens/trailer

Keikoku

Banned
belvedere said:
Seeing that the journalists covering this event are all saying the game looks much, much better in motion and instead of relying on speculation to fuel our opinions, maybe we could just compare these screens to something else, like from this generation in the same genre.

NG:Sigma
NG:2
Heavenly Sword
DMC4

Without a doubt, GoW III looks at least as good as those titles.

Definitely. But I was expecting it to look so much better. People just needs to remember how awesome were GOW1&2 graphics back in the days. The games you quoted are all looking extremely good, but I hoped that GOW3 would be on the top.

Anyway i'm waiting to see it in motion !

soldat7 said:
Rewind to the early Halo 3 threads...Funny how similar arguments are being used by both sides here.
Halo 3 is...***P. And no, everyone argued that there was no way the Superbowl commercial model would be in game or even met, and those who were sane won out in the end. There's a certain level of graphical fidelity and texture work that people who play a lot of games on the HD consoles are able to call them out pretty fast.

Of course, Lukesmith said the same thing as Jaffe with the whole"gears of what?" comment. Which backfired immensely.

Random Question:

Why are we seeing screens from a game over a year away (unless I'm mistaken)

I know its normal for the industry, but I don't get why. Seems silly to direct attention to such a far off game

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
god-of-war-iii-20090213012415778.jpg

Now that is hot.

Esch

Banned
Cruzader said:
Well some folks around here are avoiding eating their crow after KZ2 delivered and started to nit-pick shit ala "lag..ew I want noob controls". They find anything to avoid eating their tasty crow.

My comment has nothing to do with system wars or anything like, please don't turn it into that.

This is the reason I bought my PS3. I even have my Kratos PSP...this game looks great. It does simply look like the natural progression of the series, what's expected and nothing more.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
[Nintex] said:
There's probably alot of shit going on in the background(flying arrows and stuff) and I'm sure it runs at 60fps

Hype +1

This is what I'm thinking. My initial impressions were that the characters look great but the scenery is a bit bleh - however, this might be a Dead Rising again and they're doing that on purpose so they can do some insanely epic things later on. That Titan in the background of that Chimaera fight is probably only a hint at what's to come.

Anyone remember that cutscene in God of War 2 with the Gods V. Titans? Imagine fighting shit with that in the background. :O

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Holy shieeet at the trailer.

Was that all realtime? Did they cut to CG for the very beginning, and very end?

Anyway..yeah..I take back my 'very good' and replace with 'very awesome'.

Top Bottom