• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
There were no saved floor seats for the general sale today for Toronto, all that was left was nosebleed. I considered the VIP tickets but for $280 plus tax (almost $400 total with taxes) I just gave up, the way they've treated the fans this time around just puts a sour taste in my mouth.

There were no saved floor seats for the general sale today for Toronto, all that was left was nosebleed. I considered the VIP tickets but for $280 plus tax (almost $400 total with taxes) I just gave up, the way they've treated the fans this time around just puts a sour taste in my mouth.
? The VIP tickets are about $300 so I'm thinking of going that route. For the most part I agree but there are a lot of decent tickets on sale in the $100-200 space right now.

I just hope I'm able to gather the 300 before they sell out.

Wasn't trying to get tickets but why are people saying they're upset at how fans have been treated "this time"? I don't go to many concerts but isn't this issue universal?

isny

napkin dispenser
Wasn't trying to get tickets but why are people saying they're upset at how fans have been treated "this time"? I don't go to many concerts but isn't this issue universal?

Usually they'll throw fans a bone with a presale for fans only.

They always do fan presales before any other presale. You have to be subscribed to their newsletters and in the case of the last tour you actually had to pay to be a part of the fan club.

Blader

Demand far outpaced supply.

I don't think this has been the case for several years, or at least however long we've had the modern online ticketing system. Shows don't sell out at the exact milisecond of a sale going public because fan demand outpaced supply; they sell out because scalpers have perfected the science of spamming Ticketmaster and other vendors to scoop up nearly everything, all at once, as early as technologically possible.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That's not even entirely true. Scalpers ruined it for everyone. there are 500+ tickets available for Toronto right now and half of them are scalpers, and that's just on ticketmaster.
and our general sale only started 4 hours ago
It's been happening for years and years. Scalpers area big issue, but why are there still tickets to say Chili Peppers? Not Gorillaz? When there are still hundreds on said sites. Demand exceed supply is the fore most reason. Hence why those tickets on scalper sites are going up too.

It's been happening for years and years. Scalpers area big issue, but why are there still tickets to say Chili Peppers? Not Gorillaz? When there are still hundreds on said sites. Demand exceed supply is the fore most reason. Hence why those tickets on scalper sites are going up too.
There are still tickets to Gorillaz, at least here in Toronto. But when the sale went up it said they were all gone. It was only a few hours after the fact.

Jzero

Redeemed my CD! I got one when I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers a couple of weeks ago too, glad bands are giving away free stuff.

Vectorman

Banned
Wasn't there supposed to be an OT happening or what? I figure there's no better time to put it up now since the album's streaming. I wanna hear what GorillazGaf thinks of this album.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I wonder if all these remixes are going to be compiled into a set or if I should buy some/all of them individually...

Got an email just now from Ticketmaster after buying at 10:15AM yesterday.

It's worth noting that I didn't actually expect to get this, having bought a resale ticket (through ticketmaster).
kOfv6Z9.png

I wonder if all these remixes are going to be compiled into a set or if I should buy some/all of them individually...

They might be the b sides for the deluxe vinyl set, but there could always be a "H-Sides" or whatever they choose to call it down the line. Your guess is as good as mine.

Lijik

tried visiting the spirit house in atlanta after work but didnt realize itd be in the same location as the 4/20 festival which requires wristbands to get in. even if i get up early tomorrow to get one, ill be working well into the night and probably wont be able to visit afterwards. kind of bummed out, seemed like a cool way to experience the album early

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Got an email just now from Ticketmaster after buying at 10:15AM yesterday.

It's worth noting that I didn't actually expect to get this, having bought a resale ticket (through ticketmaster).

Yep got that as well today. It offered a CD a piece for both tickets so naturally I took both.

at first only a few of these tracks barely held my interest

now im buried in this album.
the only song that hasn't caught my interest yet is hallelujah money
besides that im loving this album

cant even decide which song is my favorite
charger, carnival, she's my collar, and momentz are my favorites

They might be the b sides for the deluxe vinyl set, but there could always be a "H-Sides" or whatever they choose to call it down the line. Your guess is as good as mine.

The Super Deluxe edition has one remix per song, so i don't think all of these songs are for it, considering Saturnz Barz and Andromeda have multiple remixes. I'd be shocked if there was no H-Sides.

As much as I (lovingly) rag on Plastic Beach, I'm really bummed they didn't have a P-Sides. Doncamatic is such a great song, and it would've been nice to have more of that.

jstripes

Banned
So Gorillaz sold out instantly here in Toronto.
The way this was handled was completely botched.

Would have liked to see them, but I knew I wouldn't have had a chance.

At least I can take solace in having met and shook hands with Damon Albarn at 102.1 the Edge years ago.

The Super Deluxe edition has one remix per song, so i don't think all of these songs are for it, considering Saturnz Barz and Andromeda have multiple remixes. I'd be shocked if there was no H-Sides.

As much as I (lovingly) rag on Plastic Beach, I'm really bummed they didn't have a P-Sides. Doncamatic is such a great song, and it would've been nice to have more of that.

I'm forever bummed we never got Leviathan with The Horrors. The clip from the DVD wasn't enough...

DarkKyo

Anyone else's favorite track Strobelite? God I love that track, it instantly makes me want to break out into dance. Strangely I haven't seen it mentioned much as one of anyone else's favorites.

Anyone else's favorite track Strobelite? God I love that track, it instantly makes me want to break out into dance. Strangely I haven't seen it mentioned much as one of anyone else's favorites.

One of them. I've been saying for the past couple pages how good it is. That beat is contagious, and I guarantee that'll be a summer hit. Momentz is my favorite I think.

So humor me for a moment.

If Russel produced Gorillaz
Noodle produced Demon Dayz
Murdoc produced Plastic Beach
And 2-D produced The Fall

Is this a group effort album?

Honestly, I feel like Humanz is Albarn produced. His own sound has taken over this album in my opinion.

Of course, this is a silly thing to discuss but be open minded for a second and not so realistic

hughesta

Banned
So humor me for a moment.

If Russel produced Gorillaz
Noodle produced Demon Dayz
Murdoc produced Plastic Beach
And 2-D produced The Fall

Is this a group effort album?
Looped back around to Russel imo. Hard to say this sounds "blatantly Albarn" when his last few majorly solo releases (Dr Dee and Everyday Robots) sounded like almost the opposite of this album

DarkKyo

All y'all listening to the leak are killing me. Going to be tough staying pure for the official release.

Wasn't the whole thing played during the official listening party though? Unless your reasoning is you want to wait for perfect CD quality audio, it's not like it's "unofficially out there" at this point.

Wasn't the whole thing played during the official listening party though? Unless your reasoning is you want to wait for perfect CD quality audio, it's not like it's "unofficially out there" at this point.

I used a GPS app to access the house party. If you have an android phone it's worth a shot.

Nearest listening party location to me was like 90 minutes away by car. I love the Gorillaz, but I've got no time for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom