• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 5 Trailer + Info (Global Servers)

bud said:
sytpci.gif

who is this?

sytpci.gif

commedieu

Banned
Second pic. Blue car next to silver TT anyone? Gas.. tank/sidescoop with m3ish billet thing? no time to gimp, sorry for not zooming in.

DOBERMAN INC said:
Holy Shit! How much of the budget went on filming this?

$500 MILLION!!!

It probably wouldn't cost much to get a load of classic car owners to be in a GT advert, probably the car owners paid to be in it!

Need your help guys!

If you are planning on participating on the NeoGAF GT5 Racing League (lets call it NRL for short :p) can you please just answer a few questions of what you think it should be like?

I made a small questionnaire HERE.

It'll only take 2mins and this way I can make the rules and organize dates in a way that works for most people.

ZeroRay

Metalmurphy said:
Need your help guys!

If you are planning on participating on the NeoGAF GT5 Racing League (lets call it NRL for short :p) can you please just answer a few questions of what you think it should be like?

It'll only take 2mins and this way I can make the rules and organize dates in a way that works for the most possible people.

Cool. Checking it out now.

Fixed1979

Metalmurphy said:
Need your help guys!

It'll only take 2mins and this way I can make the rules and organize dates in a way that works for most people.

I'm guessing your really leaning towards team racing as 7 of the 14 questions are related to teams?

Metalmurphy said:
Need your help guys!

Can I play with the Dual Shock? :p I'll name my clan Joypad Pros.

Fixed1979 said:
I'm guessing your really leaning towards team racing as 7 of the 14 questions are related to teams?
Personally I am, but I'm not the only one participating so if most people don't want it then we don't do it.

It's just that there aren't really many similar questions to be asked in case we do end up doing it without teams :p

Lagspike_exe said:
Can I play with the Dual Shock. :p I'll name my clan Joypad Pros.
I specifically didn't put that question in cause I realize that not everyone can afford a wheel :p

And for the record, Pro physics only, that part is undebatable :p

Metalmurphy said:
Need your help guys!

Just finished the questionnaire. :D

BTW, will the league be split by people who use DS3 and people who use wheels? (is there any advantage when using a wheel to play gt5?)

Metalmurphy said:

I'm cool with that if you're cool with the fact you'll need to chill a few minutes after the race to give me extra time to finish it completely. :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Metalmurphy said:
Need your help guys!

So cool. I think the teams or breakdown of teams should be higher. Incase of no shows and things of such nature. Filling out now!

And get with me (via PM or PSN) and Goldrusher as we are making the OT (Goldrusher) and photo thread (me). I could link your thread to mine and unify things.

Fixed1979

Do we know if the game will have any infrastructure in place to help aid setting up and running a league? I'm guessing not...

Fixed1979 said:
Do we know if the game will have any infrastructure in place to help aid setting up and running a league? I'm guessing not...

If you mean stat tracking and rankings/leaderboards? I pretty sure it won't, I'll be doing that myself on the Online Thread.

But the actual online lobbies will allow us to do pretty much everything.

carpediemdp said:
Just finished the questionnaire. :D

BTW, will the league be split by people who use DS3 and people who use wheels? (is there any advantage when using a wheel to play gt5?)
Imo your at a disadvantage if you're using a DS3, but during the TT some people posted some pretty great times using one.

Metalmurphy said:

What about driving aids?

Fixed1979 said:

Will users be able to set up car clubs and racing leagues?

Yes, they will. But I'm sorry but I can't elaborate much at this point.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6629343/e...ate-from-creator-kazunori-yamauchi/index.html

olore said:
So what`s the latest? Nothing more definitive than TBA 2010/2011?

What's this 2011 nonsense?... Before the Holidays is the official word from PD. Some other guy from Sony even said before Xmas, but no one blames you if you don't wanna believe him :p

Terrible "article" about why GT5 would be better on the 360.

EDIT: Removed link so they dont get hits.

X360 sifts through the tealeaves and reveals why Gran Turismo 5 would find a more comfortable home on Xbox 360.

Why Gran Turismo 5 Would Be Better On 360

X360 sifts through the tealeaves and reveals why Gran Turismo 5 would find a more comfortable home on Xbox 360.

It’d actually be out

We all know it, too. Without the compunction to produce additional content to bring about compatibility between the PS3 and its handheld cousin, there’s have been fewer hoops to jump through on the road to our living rooms. The only PSP functionality GT fans want is a mirror to gaze upon perfection, anyway.

Besides, delaying a videogame because it isn’t compatible with a firmware update is like not issuing a newspaper because the font’s incorrect. Still, form before function might serve as a more appropriate motto than ‘The Real Driving Simulator’, anyhow…

The dev team might have some peace to create

After all, ver what other title would gamers pore so much as to create a USP out of the fact that windscreen wipers work for the first time? That’s like saying Marcus Fenix has craggier eyebrows in Gears Of War 3. Actually, wait a minute…

You’ll be able to drive a fake car

With Kinect just around the corner and, thankfully, retuned to allow play, the additional roleplay of tilting your foot one way and the other would add to the experience. And be about a million times less painful than Rock Band’s pedal…

Capitalism would make things right

Because you know Microsoft would go ahead and release all of the exclusive elements in each special addition via DLC before too much time had passed. Nobody wants to take a trip to America, just to pick up a sports car with different wheel rims. That don’t actually exist.

Let's ignore the wheel support, the 1080p, the 16 cars, the bluray disc needed to house all the data. Lets forget that all together :lol

phosphor112 said:
Terrible "article" about why GT5 would be better on the 360.

Let's ignore the wheel support, the 1080p, the 16 cars, the bluray disc needed to house all the data. Lets forget that all together :lol
Why would you even post shit like that and helping them to get hits? That's all the article is about. Good job, dude.

Truespeed

Metalmurphy said:
Need your help guys!

I so want to Tony George your league.

I took the questionnaire.

So the complete lack of feedback by using Kinect would make the game better?

Dear god...

Truespeed said:
I so want to Tony George your league.

I took the questionnaire.
I wouldn't mind some help actually.

oneHeero

Are rookies who've never participated in leagues like this be ok to join the future league? Sounds like a ton of fun and very well organized which would be easier to dedicate time to.

oneHeero said:
Are rookies who've never participated in leagues like this be ok to join the future league? Sounds like a ton of fun and very well organized which would be easier to dedicate time to.

It should be as I haven't been in any racing league since Sega Rally 2 back in the DC days. :p

saladine1

I know a guy who knows a guy who's uncle's friends cousin's old gym teacher's room mate who works for someone who knows the friend of a guy that works for Sony who believes that we shall see the game before the end of November...
But,take that with a grain of salt....

Truespeed

Hey guys, bad news. I've had to delay my questionnaire till the end of November. I know a lot of you were looking forward to it, so I'm preparing a prologue questionnaire in the interim.

Top Bottom