• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 6 trailers [Complete blowout: All cars/tracks/features/etc]

JamboGT

Really can't wait for this, if it wasn't for GT I wouldn't be doing what I am now!

Have a day booked off work for release haha

Sorc3r3r

Anyone knows if the track time records are still limited to 10?
I would love to have all my times recorded and the possibility to break them by pp, weather, date...etc.

Niks

Hey, I volunteered because nobody had claimed it, but I'm not about to cause strife and discord. If he feels so strongly about it, it's his to make.

Goldrusher wont be doing the OT, going by his recent posts on GT6, he had a massive fallout with the GT series.

Sony are sponsoring a Rally GB entry next week so maybe the WRC in GT6 isn't completely dead?

Amy-Williams-and-Tony-Jardine-610x406.jpg

TonyandAmy08.600.jpg

ruttyboy

My parents are going to Australia for real Christmas (to see my sis) so I have to go to see them (~200 miles) for a whole weekend for an 'early Christmas', start date, 6th December!

Fuck Christmas.

Watevaman

I wonder if the Nomad Diablo got updated to "premium" considering they now have two Diablo body styles that they could probably generate a better body from.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
They fixed some of my biggest gripes finally. So now we have brake kits. Nitrous. And we can buy wheels and select how large we want them. Finally.

AlphaSnake

I just read that Forza 5 is going to feature only 200 cars and 14 tracks? No Nurburgring? Are they serious? I'm not trying to start a debate here, but that is completely unacceptable for a full-priced game, launch game or not.

They hit such a high note with Forza 4 too...wtf.

OmegaDL50

You know what would be an awesome feature while it would functionally do nothing to the game it just appeals to the collector in me.

Having one of those digital car garages filled with your favorite list of a preset amount of cars you can assign to this list. (Like a favorites list)

Using your Racing Suit avatar guy, you can walk around in this 3D garage and look at your cars in first or 3rd person view to check them out in different angles and stuff.

Photomode probably will suffice for that, but it might be an interesting idea for a future Gran Turismo game.

VIPERGTSR01

Neo Member
I pretty much begged for a premium Diablo and the recent screens have made me so happy. I really look forward to buying the 2000 Diablo GT, I think it will be my first supercar in GT6.

Mobius 1

You know what would be an awesome feature while it would functionally do nothing to the game it just appeals to the collector in me.

Having one of those digital car garages filled with your favorite list of a preset amount of cars you can assign to this list. (Like a favorites list)

Using your Racing Suit avatar guy, you can walk around in this 3D garage and look at your cars in first or 3rd person view to check them out in different angles and stuff.

Photomode probably will suffice for that, but it might be an interesting idea for a future Gran Turismo game.

Have you played Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4? They have that featured, exactly as you described. You can walk around, take photos, even purchase different properties with different garage styles. I remember that experiencing that in PGR3 around the Xbox 360 launch was the first moment of awe for me, as the result was the most photorealistic visual I had seen until then.

It was outstanding, as the rest of the games. Until Activision gutted the Bizarre Creations and put an end to it.

commedieu

Banned
id kill for a free drive mode. basic traffic a.I, one wreck ends the session.

driving through different roads/city/rural areas related to the track.

It's not on the car list so unless it gets added in DLC I wouldn't count on it.

The car list is currently incomplete as there are cars missing that we know are in the game. Plus the official site notes that there are over 1,200 cars while Believe the car list currently sits at 1,196.

Watevaman

The car list is currently incomplete as there are cars missing that we know are in the game. Plus the official site notes that there are over 1,200 cars while Believe the car list currently sits at 1,196.

What cars are missing? I haven't followed the news/forums too much so it's news to me.

AlphaSnake

I'm thoroughly upset there is no Jaguar F-Type V8S. It was the most talked about sports car in all of 2013, winning tons of awards too. It gave Jaguar a massive resurgence too.

Jordan at GTPlanet posted his impressions of the near final build of the game:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-hands-on/

Some highlights:

Menu speed

The menu screens – in my opinion, one of the most important aspects of the game’s design – are fast and responsive to use. There’s no hesitation from one screen to the next, and everything just pops in and out as you would expect it to.

Engine sounds

I also noticed a slightly more gritty engine sound than what I have heard in previous builds. A Sony representative confirmed that several of the cars were equipped with updated audio. Although I’m not sure if I played with one of these cars, I could sense something had changed. For those optimistic audiophiles out there, don’t get too carried away by my comments – the game still sounds much the same – but you should take comfort in knowing that it was better.

Frame rate and load times

My only issues with these new courses were some unsteady frame rates when a batch of cars got close together on the screen. Although it wasn’t severe, it was more significant than dropped frames I have seen while playing GT5. In the replays, there were also some chunky-looking shadows, which are almost certainly a side-effect of the dynamic lighting engine required to render changing time and weather. Loading times for these races with full grids were also quite long. At one point, I actually thought the game had crashed before the race finally began.

AI, plus a new feature:

They no longer drive as “ducks-in-a-row”, as we saw in almost every race in GT5. They were actually racing with each other, going two – and once nearly three – wide into corners. When challenged with a pass, they didn’t put up too much of a fight, but some of them (not all drivers exhibited this behavior) actually fought back to pass me again, despite no major mistakes of my own.

This gave the racing a different and more challenging feel. I felt like I would need to push and drive defensively if I wanted to get ahead and win.

There’s also a very useful new feature in the game’s heads-up display called a “Blindside Indicator”. When enabled, a small red arrow blinks if there’s another car beside you – important information if you can’t see the mirrors in your preferred driving view.

Of course, the artificial intelligence is still not perfect (and likely never will be), and many will continue to criticize the other drivers when they bump into you while holding their line through a corner. However, it’s a significant step forward for the series in an area which has rightly bothered many fans for years.

Damage:

sIp1NSR.png

Framerate talk scares me, but the blindside indicator sounds like one of those things that once I get used to I'll wonder how I ever got one without it. Thats a great idea.

Also, didn't expect AI improvements so am very happy to read that.

Framerate talk scares me, but the blindside indicator sounds like one of those things that once I get used to I'll wonder how I ever got one without it. Thats a great idea.

Also, didn't expect AI improvements so am very happy to read that.

I'm not really worried about the framerate since they seem to make the mistake of running the game in 1080p at these events. Just stick to 720p.

Skunkers

Sounds awesome. Have to admit I'm a little disappointed to hear that about the load times; the GT Academy demo was lightning fast, so I imagine they must still be doing like GT5 and loading the course up and then loading the grid into RAM while you're staring at the race start screen. Sucks because it might have been less noticeable if they moved the race settings/assists screen up to there or something so you might still be preoccupied while the grid loads. Oh well, small point to niggle about I suppose.

benzy

Jordan at GTPlanet posted his impressions of the near final build of the game:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-hands-on/

Some highlights:

Frame rate and load times

About the framerate issues, in the article Jordan mentions it actually wasn't the final build he played, just a version of the game with all of the content, so who knows how old this build was. And he said in the forums that Kaz didn't attend SEMA or the Willow Springs event in order to help finish the game. We're probably getting a big day one patch.

I asked one of the SCEA representatives on hand if the game had gone “gold” yet – in other words, if the final build of the game was ready to be printed onto the retail BluRay discs for distribution. It hadn’t, but is reportedly on schedule and is expected to be ready for production sometime within the next two weeks.

If there are still framerate issues then I hope we get patches over the next year where PD further optimizes the game. I'd really like to play in 1440 x 1080 without compromises.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Has the type of anti-aliasing solution been confirmed yet?

The game looked worse than GT5 in that regard from the previous previews videos.
Did they fix it up?

Has the type of anti-aliasing solution been confirmed yet?

The game looked worse than GT5 in that regard from the previous previews videos.
Did they fix it up?

There's no confirmation on what they're using yet, but some at B3D speculate that they dropped MSAA in favor of MLAA.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
That's good right? MLAA is the superior method?
Or did they reduce GT5's 4XAA to 2XAA in GT6 & that's the cause of the added jaggies?

No, MLAA is similar to FXAA, just post-process AA.
Wasn't GT5's 4XMSAA only used in 720p tho? 1280x1080 was quincux. Also, if the difference in framerate between 720p and 1080p is more severe than GT5's, hopefully this time GT6 will have an in-game setting for resolution, I don't wanna mess with system settings every time I wanna bother to play GT6, it's the reason I've skipped altogether games like The Pinball Arcade on PS3 (paddles' lag at 1080p, needs to be set at 720p to play decently). But I'm sure on my display the IQ will be much better at 1440x1080, especially now that 720p has lost dat impressive 4XMSAA, hopefully the final build will have the framerate cleaned, cause the July demo was a fucking mess.

Top Bottom