• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA 6 Leak Suggests "Incredible Graphics" With Rage Game Engine 9

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Yeah. If you look at the simulated 3d clouds in RDR2, they are some of the best clouds even though you only fly once in a hot air balloon. Probably testing there cloud tech for GTA6.

Tqaulity

I still cannot believe that R* didn't update the console version of RDR2 for new gen! If there was ever a game that could use the boost, that was it. Almost universally acclaimed for having some of the best graphics ever, removing some of the limitations of the previous gen consoles would have been a no brainer to make the game shine better on console. Even just an FPS unlock, SSD loading speeds, and resolution boost (on PS5 at least) would have done wonders and wouldn't have been a tremendous effort. Such a lost opportunity on their part and they completely dropped the ball on that one!

kangaroo dropped the ball GIF

nani17

are in a big trouble
The last GTA to launch was on the PS3 on September 17, 2013 which was as we know GTA V. We are now close to a GTA not coming out for 10 years. All we've really had was just upgrades to a game we already played.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ
The last GTA to launch was on the PS3 on September 17, 2013 which was as we know GTA V. We are now close to a GTA not coming out for 10 years. All we've really had was just upgrades to a game we already played.
It's almost like they were working on this other game in the meantime, you've probably heard of it.

Wonder if this energy will be the same when witcher 4 comes out in 26

Last edited:
Why not? Can't see Rockstar ignoring 150 million when current gen is still supply constrained
The game comes out in several years, the supply argument is wearing thin currently, and Rockstar isn't going to handicap themselves that hard. Might as well release it for switch, hell even 360/ps3 just in case! Not happening, save up and buy a series S if you can't upgrade

I also mentioned streaming/nativity for a reason, ps4/xbox one will be able to stream it, but there will never be a native version you can play offline.

TIGERCOOL

I still cannot believe that R* didn't update the console version of RDR2 for new gen! If there was ever a game that could use the boost, that was it. Almost universally acclaimed for having some of the best graphics ever, removing some of the limitations of the previous gen consoles would have been a no brainer to make the game shine better on console. Even just an FPS unlock, SSD loading speeds, and resolution boost (on PS5 at least) would have done wonders and wouldn't have been a tremendous effort. Such a lost opportunity on their part and they completely dropped the ball on that one!

kangaroo dropped the ball GIF
they will likely announce current gen rdr2 along with the gta 6 reveal to soften the blow of the inevitable 2 year wait for its release

brian0057

Banned
That's nice.
That way I can be dick slapped by a game over screen in gorgeous 4k 60fps for having the audacity of going 5ft away during a mission.

That's nice.
That way I can be dick slapped by a game over screen in gorgeous 4k 60fps for having the audacity of going 5ft away during a mission.
Good point, they should just create artificial barriers like literally every other game

The circlejerk around this is so tired

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Liquid water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet.

Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material.
Heh, I actually appreciate this cheers!

The game comes out in several years, the supply argument is wearing thin currently, and Rockstar isn't going to handicap themselves that hard. Might as well release it for switch, hell even 360/ps3 just in case! Not happening, save up and buy a series S if you can't upgrade

I also mentioned streaming/nativity for a reason, ps4/xbox one will be able to stream it, but there will never be a native version you can play offline.
Agreed, the game would be heavily handicapped if it was to release on last-gen machines. We would probably get a Cyberpunk 2.0 kind of situation and I don't think Rockstar want that in the slightest.

I also think one of the objectives of Rockstar's late release schedule for this game was to ensure it has a large user base for "next-gen" (next-gen consoles and the discrete GPU's). Say what you want about R* but they're a studio which has always set the bar for visuals and graphics technologies, and I'm certain GTA 6 visuals are going to curb-stomp anything we've seen seen so far and the years to come.

Agreed, the game would be heavily handicapped if it was to release on last-gen machines. We would probably get a Cyberpunk 2.0 kind of situation and I don't think Rockstar want that in the slightest.

I also think one of the objectives of Rockstar's late release schedule for this game was to ensure it has a large user base for "next-gen" (next-gen consoles and the discrete GPU's). Say what you want about R* but they're a studio which has always set the bar for visuals and graphics technologies, and I'm certain GTA 6 visuals are going to curb-stomp anything we've seen seen so far and the years to come.
I don't think ensuring that it has a large user base is a big of deal as it taking a long time to develop.

It was 5 years between gta 5 and rdr 2. It's been less than 3.75 between rdr 2 and now. Rdr 2 didn't lose over a year due to covid either, they're pretty much on track taking that into consideration.

Witcher 3 blood and wine came out 4.5 years before cyberpunk and it released too early.

God of War 2 is coming out 4 years and 7 months after the last one (assuming it won't be delayed again)

Horizon Forbidden West came out 5 years after dawn.

People love to circle jerk about Rockstar being bad guys, but their development cycle is right there with the industry favorites

I hope this rumor is right and the rumor about a female lead is wrong.
Why? A female lead (one of the two leads) opens up a world of hilarity for gta. As long as she isn't a Mary sue could end up being a great decision.

Wouldn't surprise me if she's a nasty cunt like Catalina, which could be amazing.

But yeah if she's a Mary Sue or damsel always in distress it'd be awful.... But Catalina or Sadie type is my bet

K2D

Banned
Next GTA iteration will happen closer to 2040 than 2030 at this point, if ever (I.e gta 3 to gta 4, gta 4 to gta 5 and gta 5 to gta 6)..

I'm not sad about that if they return to story based expansions (San Andreas/Vice City or TLaD/TBoGT)

Top Bottom