• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA IV scans and infos

reminder

New scans from german magazine Games Aktuell: http://www.gtaengine.de/
(Note: Some screens in the mag are labelled with "PS3". I don't know if this is true, but if yes, these should be the first screens of the PS3 version)

Edit: I've rehosted the scans because they were removed from the site. Enjoy!

Some infos:

- There will be no Ammu Nation shops anymore.

- The girl with the lollipop is called Lola. It seems that she is a prostitute, but no further information is given about her.

- If you take a cab you can mark any point on the map in order to arrive there. There are even special options: If you have have hunger, you will be driven to the next fast food restaurant. If you're hurt you'll be driven to the hospital.

- If the police searches you, you won't find a cab that will transport you.

- The camera is now positioned lower and more left when you sit in a car. According to Rockstar this gives a more realistic feeling. But there are still different camera settings.

- If you're in a mission, the map not only shows a symbol, but even a line with the best route.

- You can walk, run or sprint. Latter will make you exhausted after a while.

- In the mission where you have to kill the Lawyer Mr. Goldberg there is a dialogue between him and Niko (after Niko pulled out his gun). Goldberg says: "I don't fear guns. You know, guns don't kill people - Videogames kill people." (Hello Jack :lol )

- The following shootout with the police is one of the best ever in a GTA-game according to the magazine. You have to cover and shoot while things fly through the room from the bullets. One policeman even fell down the escalator when they shoot him in the knee.

That's all new info i could find in the text. Everything else is known already.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Thanks man, but you might want to take the link out that lead to the English magazine scans. Thanks you for that link in advanced. I'll edit my post if needed.

they don't appear to be in english from what I can see ??

Kuroyume

Banned
Halo in September
GTA in October

So damn awesome... :D

I love the graffiti on the back of the truck. The screenshot of Niko with the cop car crashing behind him is gorgeous.

reminder

rs7k said:
I want to know what that first scan says about the DVD version.

It's not about the DVD version of the game. The text is about the DVD that comes with the magazine. No new videos on it, though. Only the two trailers, screens and some impressions from the "real Liberty City" (New York, of course).

el Croux

reminder said:
- If you're in a mission, the map not only shows a symbol, but even a line with the best route.

Please let this be turned off. Finding your own way slowly around a city in GTA over the course of a few weeks has always been a great part of the series.

It's another one of those completely missing the point additions that they just whacked in games like Saints Row without thinking.

Like the custom character thing, they didn't think that they're actually be removing a huge aspect of the game's appeal, they just thouhgt it would be 'cool' to be able to have a fat 4ft tall chinese guy with more custom 'bling' as the main character.

rs7k

pswii60 said:
You lack a sense of humour, my friend.

Can't wait for GTA IV! I'm hoping for a smooth framerate on either platform though.

Sorry, it's really early in the morning (for me).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
4pbtm4y.jpg

6cenbic.jpg

4mjbdjo.jpg

6fskjl1.jpg

5z4gymg.jpg

62oln5u.jpg

53slrti.jpg

5zqzgw4.jpg

5yvudna.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Wooha. What an update! Nice.

Why this thread isn't 45+ pages yet?

I like that Lola character. Not because she sucks cock, it's because she looks like a nice person. :)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
GrayFoxPL said:
Why this thread isn't 45+ pages yet?

1. It's 7 o clock in the morning on a Saturday Eastern Standard Time in America.

2. The whole freaking thing is in German and nobody can read it.

:(

GrayFoxPL

mckmas8808 said:
2. The whole freaking thing is in German and nobody can read it.

:(

Not even Germans? Or people who know German?

Who dares to cast unreadable spells on magazines? Show yourself you evil wizard!

Goldrusher

So, lots of cars are locked, which requires Niko to smash in the window...and most don't have keys, so he needs a second or three to mess with the wiring.

No more quick car changes then...oh boy.

Never been into the GTA series but those pics look very nice and give you a sense that you're literally right there in the shootout scenes and the action.

When's the release date for it and does the PS3 version release before the 360 one does?

EDIT: Thanks Milhouse.

mrkgoo

el Croux said:
Please let this be turned off. Finding your own way slowly around a city in GTA over the course of a few weeks has always been a great part of the series.

It's another one of those completely missing the point additions that they just whacked in games like Saints Row without thinking.

Like the custom character thing, they didn't think that they're actually be removing a huge aspect of the game's appeal, they just thouhgt it would be 'cool' to be able to have a fat 4ft tall chinese guy with more custom 'bling' as the main character.

Yet at the same time, I always found myself hopelessly lost in GTA games (except for perhaps GTA3). It didn't matter that the game was 'realistic' - for some reason, I just couldn't navigate very well and had to constantly refer to the map. And I'm pretty good in real life.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
ForzaItalia said:
Never been into the GTA series but those pics look very nice and give you a sense that you're literally right there in the shootout scenes and the action.

When's the release date for it and does the PS3 version release before the 360 one does?

Same day for both versions

Release date(s)
NA October 16, 2007
EU October 19, 2007
AU October 23, 2007

painey

im kinda dissapointed that it does the saints row "hold your hand" to the next marker.. especially as it looks like this is supposed to be much more realistic. I could understand if you nick a bentley and it has sat nav but having this all the time is pretty weak imo.

painey said:
im kinda dissapointed that it does the saints row "hold your hand" to the next marker.. especially as it looks like this is supposed to be much more realistic. I could understand if you nick a bentley and it has sat nav but having this all the time is pretty weak imo.

Niko does have a pretty advanced cellphone, could easily be GPS capable

I love the more realistic anf gritty art direction, if this delivers it could be a landmark game.

EDIT

And I thought the Saints Row implementation of point markers was one of the games strengths.

-SD-

Banned
Still not a fan of GTA4's visual style but I bet the gameplay, like always, is the Good Stuff™

Meh... I hope we can disable that feature.

Again, I'm wanting them to impliment some sort of i-Pod or portable radio for the character. I hate only being able to listen to the radio stations while I'm in a car. Give me an option where I can hear it while I'm on foot.

This needs to be in the game.

GrayFoxPL

From what I can read with my rusty german from 3 top pages.(edit:not in order)
Little bits:

-while riding in taxi as a passenger you can look through the windows to get more orientation in the city.

-If understand it right, when you check a goal like hospital o restaurant then you don't have to wait throgh whole ride, it may be instant warp or you can wait through whole ride and do the above.

-To be able to meet some big fish, his secretary must make an appointment for you. All date and time, even week later. If you miss it, then you must make another appointment.

Hopefully I didn't screw anything up :D.

Jel0man

From that interview thing on page 17. Maybe old info, I have no idea, just thought I'd share:

Roman has a taxi company in Liberty City. He told Niko to leave his shitty live behind and come to Liberty City. Niko couldn't stand it anymore, so he went, and also, he is looking for someone. That someone is a pizza salesman.

Niko had something to do with the smuggling of people, he sold people, and even killed someone. He obviously wants the interviewer to keep that a secret.

Niko says Roman has no clue of how to run a company, and says that the company is almost done doing business.

Niko does know other people in Liberty City. One of them is Little Jacob, someone who Roman knows. Niko has met Little Jacob several times. Niko says he's about to visit him again, and then Little Jacob will show him his hair clip collection. Or his yacht.

Niko also knows a cop, McReary. He's a corrupt man, and that's why Niko doesn't like him all that much. But it appears the cop has something for him, so Niko has to do some jobs for him.

Top Bottom