• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA:SA Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashing

Oh, don't get me wrong.. The graphics are fine.. I just don't like the theme at all. Just looks like a cashin on the popularity of the thug/gansta look right now... god, I'll be glad when this fad is over.

I saw some white guy dressed like a thug (and he walked like a thug as well) in the mall the other day and I had to just roll my eyes at that... fucking horrible...

Sorry if I seem bitter but I see too many people who look fucking retarted by trying to be something they are not.

Mashing said:
Oh, don't get me wrong.. The graphics are fine.. I just don't like the theme at all. Just looks like a cashin on the popularity of the thug/gansta look right now... god, I'll be glad when this fad is over.

I saw some white guy dressed like a thug (and he walked like a thug as well) in the mall the other day and I had to just roll my eyes at that... fucking horrible...

Sorry if I seem bitter but I see too many people who look fucking retarted by trying to be something they are not.
True.... but at the same time... I'm sure they'll be White guys in the game who we grow to hate. :)

belgurdo

Banned
Mashing said:
They can take this thug/gangsta shit and shove it up their ass... looks terrible

Yeah! GTA is only acceptable when white mobsters are the only characters you can control or talk to!

Takuan

Cool.

I've been playing GTA3 Xbox and plan to go through VC when I'm done with it. I'm having a blast. I love these games!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Luscious LeftFoot said:
Looks like Ice Cube from his NWA days
I was thinking that too... Actually, now that I think about he looks like Eazy E:
p21250lq6p3.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

Luscious LeftFoot said:
www.gtagaming.com/images/sanandreas/screenshots/opsm2_screen10.jpg
That's clearly Eazy E. You should be shot. :p

BTW, this has jumped straight to the top of my most wanted list.

Dekajelly

Luscious LeftFoot said:

musik01c.jpg

Yep, I wonder if Rockstar have him providing vocal talent??? The game is going to be awesome, and is that a copper holding onto the rear of the car?
rofl.gif

ourumov

I think that the perfect dubber would be Samuel L. Jackson. Not because of the physic but because he deffinitelly has the needed style.

Bob White

"White people are so scared of black people."

Anyway, this game AND it's theme will rock HARD.

You can get fat for crying out loud!

Let's just hope they spend less time on the interactive hair and more time fixing bugs before release. No repeats of the Icecream bug please.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
All chances of me playing this game are out the window. If I dont like rap how can I like this?! The mood is dead!

So you don't enjoy hip-hop, & that will somehow translate into you not enjoying a game set in the inner-city where the majority of inhabitants & antagonists are African-American? All the GTAs have had radio stations with a diverse mix, but this one will undoubtedly be different because all African-Americans listen to is rap correct? Makes sense in an ignorant redneck way of thinking I suppose.

Li Mu Bai said:
So you don't enjoy hip-hop, & that will somehow translate into you not enjoying a game set in the inner-city where the majority of inhabitants & antagonists are African-American? All the GTAs have had radio stations with a diverse mix, but this one will undoubtedly be different because all African-Americans listen to is rap correct? Makes sense in an ignorant redneck way of thinking I suppose.

Yeah, and I suppose this game is going to have a variety of things to listen to, like heavy metal, rock, classical, country, and rap? Yeah, no way. This game is going to be purely rap/hip-hop driven, and you know it.

I just cant fucking relate. I could BARELY relate to the first damned GTA and thats only cause my boring life bred a desire for videogame destructive rampages. IF GTA didnt have that going for it I would have been at a complete loss relating to a bunch of fat italian slobs.

I played Vice City cause it was the 80s, and I still SORTA liked the gameplay, but I never finished it, cause relating to the 80s only takes you so far.

Now that im fucking bored with the GAME Formula there's NO WAY I CAN RELATE. Im not from the inner city. I dont understand their life challenges in the hood. Sorry kids, I cant appreciate what I dont fucking understand.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
MrAngryFace said:
All chances of me playing this game are out the window. If I dont like rap how can I like this?! The mood is dead!

You listen to Aimee Mann like a pussy and play Tech Romancer! And shut up, you, shut up!

belgurdo

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
I just cant fucking relate. I could BARELY relate to the first damned GTA and thats only cause my boring life bred a desire for videogame destructive rampages. IF GTA didnt have that going for it I would have been at a complete loss relating to a bunch of fat italian slobs.

I played Vice City cause it was the 80s, and I still SORTA liked the gameplay, but I never finished it, cause relating to the 80s only takes you so far.

Now that im fucking bored with the GAME Formula there's NO WAY I CAN RELATE. Im not from the inner city. I dont understand their life challenges in the hood. Sorry kids, I cant appreciate what I dont fucking understand.

Honestly, who the hell plays games because they relate to them? As a black guy, I can't relate to Tommy Vercetti or the faceless rudeboys of GTA1-London, but did that stop me from buying/playing every game in the series over and over? No. I play it because it kills an hour or two a day. You're givng kind of a weak argument to justify why you don't want to play the game.

Yeah, you're black, but does that mean you're a criminal thug, gang member, etc.? No, of course not. I can't relate to the white criminals in video games either.

guess

belgurdo said:
Ick. Change that art and I'll be interested....

belgurdo said:
Honestly, who the hell plays games because they relate to them? As a black guy, I can't relate to Tommy Vercetti or the faceless rudeboys of GTA1-London, but did that stop me from buying/playing every game in the series over and over? No. I play it because it kills an hour or two a day. You're givng kind of a weak argument to justify why you don't want to play the game.

where all the white people at?

hey, remember when we were laughing at the idiots at gamefaqs for hating on GTASA when they found out the main character was black and didn't want to play the game?

never mind...

belgurdo

Banned
Guess: There's a difference between "hating the art" and "I won't play this game because the main guy is not the same race as me." If SA had saccharine artwork in lieu of the realism I'd be wary of it too.

Solid

These scans turned me off a bit. I don't want to be a pimp :(

Still getting the game though, I have it pre-ordered already.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
MrAngryFace said:

There is nothing to relate to. A mob is gang, Triads are gangs, Cartels are gangs, killing is killing, & revenge is revenge. It is videogame fantasy based upon real-world social conditions. Btw you never took many advanced sociology classes in college did you? Btw I'm not from China, but I can still relate to the student political outcry for change from under that brutal regime. I can relate to the Jews suffering at Dachau & Auschwitz 60 years ago. I could go on with pages of even more culturally specific examples although the bottom line is this. You don't need to grow up in the inner-city to relate. That's an ignorant statement. Btw, hydraulics were introduced by the Mexican-American community.

Flynn

MrAngryFace said:

By that logic you shouldn't play fanstasy games because you're not from a far-off imaginary land. You also shouldn't play any games that take place in space, because you haven't been there. Really, the only game you'd be able to play would be one about video game nerds...or maybe the Sims.

i play Zelda because i'm a 12 year old elf boy. I can "relate". :lol dumbest thing maf's EVER said.

maybe for the next GTA it will take place in Arizona, the action will consist of merely going to work and cursing out old people under your breath, and the soundtrack will feature Avril Lavigne and trapt.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Error Macro said:
Yeah, you're black, but does that mean you're a criminal thug, gang member, etc.? No, of course not. I can't relate to the white criminals in video games either.

So I guess you won't be getting MGS3 then, seeing as how you can't relate to Russian/American cold war espionage EM? Because there are criminals in that game as well.

Ninja Scooter said:
i play Zelda because i'm a 12 year old elf boy. I can "relate". :lol dumbest thing maf's EVER said.

maybe for the next GTA it will take place in Arizona, the action will consist of merely going to work and cursing out old people under your breath, and the soundtrack will feature Avril Lavigne and trapt.
but as a carribean island / inner city kid, i can't relate to that!

but i can relate to spiderman and adverture island!!!

A lot of these replies are saddening. It's like a ton of baby Lieberman's have hit the new forum.

I certainly am no fan of the "thug image" being employed by R*, but i'm DYING to play this game because i know it's going to have R*'s trademark sense of humor. A lot of you seem to forget that much like the Vice City, they're poking fun (tons of it) at the very stereotypes present in their games.

Pimping? Give me some of that and thank you.

I dont believe I can relate to anything I havent directly experienced. Falsly admitting to such a thing would only feed my ego.

I played the first GTA cause I liked the gameplay.

I played the second cause I could RELATE to the 80s having lived through them.

I dont have the patience to suffer the gameplay in a third installment and nothing about inner city life appeals to me because I 'dont get it'.

I dont play Halo cause I can relate to being a space marine, I play it because I like the gameplay.

evil ways

Yeah, and I suppose this game is going to have a variety of things to listen to, like heavy metal, rock, classical, country, and rap? Yeah, no way. This game is going to be purely rap/hip-hop driven, and you know it.

It's already confirmed that there will be different radio stations and genres of music like in previous games, Dan Houser said it on the Game Informer interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom