• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V details [Famitsu]: 15+ wild animals, customize your pooch, Japan release

I'd post the link to the GTA forums but it contains scans.

-Customize your dog (collar, other accessories, etc)
-Your dog's name is Chop
-Keep an eye on your dog, you can lose him
-Over 15 types of wild animals can be found throughout the world
-Each character has a specific walking animation for individual realism
-Overall animations have a been a focus of improvement for Rockstar
-There is a dedicated underwater mission that Michael and Trevor go to via jet-skis together
-Coming out in Japan October 10th dudesss

Thanks Gameranx.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...-reveals-more-information-on-gta-v-s-animals/

Kydd BlaZe

Breaking out into a hype fever. Everytime new news is posted for this game, it makes the wait seem even longer. I havent been this hyped for a game in a very long time.

Over 15 wild animals is awesome. I really hope there are some RDR cougar moments in there. Some of the best moments in that game was just screwing around in the wilderness collecting stuff and "MWREORAWRAWR" would scare the shit out of me.

zomaha

well if it becomes a hassle i'll just have to let ole chop go, hopefully you can buy a new one at the pet store

Marleyman

Banned
Hey Michael! Its your dog Chop, lets go bowling.

images

Great now I'm scared the dog is going to catch cross fire. It kept happening in RDR with horses and I always felt terrible.

I wish you could rename the dog to whatever you wanted, oh well. Everything else sounds cool though.

Is it because Franklin can't swim?
I doubt it. Pretty sure they've said every character can do everything, but some are better at certain things (like flying) than others.

joe2187

Banned
Over 15 wild animals is awesome. I really hope there are some RDR cougar moments in there. Some of the best moments in that game was just screwing around in the wilderness collecting stuff and "MWREORAWRAWR" would scare the shit out of me.

Oh god, so many amazing moments.

I hope they bring back mountain lions.

Terrifying and hilarious

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hmm, this made me wonder something. Which games sell better in Japan, the Yakuza series or the Grand Theft Auto games?

Symphonia

Banned
Great now I'm scared the dog is going to catch cross fire. It kept happening in RDR with horses and I always felt terrible.
You just reminded me, I once caught and tamed a wild horse and it was my loyal steed for ages. Then one day I was out just fucking around and I got caught in a gunfight with a gang of bandits and my horse died in the crossfire. I actually felt pretty shitty after that as I had that horse for more than half the game. Dem feels, man.

To save myself from experiencing this level of pain again, I'm just going to either abandon the dog or shoot it as soon as I start the game.

Gold Member
Seriously excited for this game. I rarely pre order anything but I will be getting this on day 1! I was going to wait for the inevitable PC version, but fuck that I can't hold out that long.

Looking forward to blowing holes in some animals - I'm so sick, someone call in the psychiatrist...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I won't let the dog die in the game. Insta reload if it happens.

Edit: Man, it would be sad if a mountain lion attacks the dog :(

Top Bottom