• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Guerrilla Games job listing seems to explicitly acknowledge the existence of Horizon Zero Dawn 2

Bullet Club

I'm sure everyone is shocked by the news that there will be a HZD2...

New Guerrilla Games job listing seems to explicitly acknowledge the existence of Horizon Zero Dawn 2

Horizon Zero Dawn 2's development may have just been confirmed by latest Guerrilla Games job listing

A number of newly published job listings from Guerrilla Games suggests the studio is indeed working on a sequel to its 2017 open world action game Horizon Zero Dawn, with one vacancy in particular seemingly confirming the project's existence outright.

The Amsterdam-based creator of the Killzone series recently posted a vacancy for a Technical Vegetation Artist, which would focus on "the creation of vegetation assets that are used to dress the game world." The listing explains that "within Guerrilla, we have four teams dedicated to creating the stunning environments of Horizon [and] one team focuses on the creation of lush and stunning vegetation."

Applying some deductive logic to this short paragraph, Guerrilla appears to be outright confirming that another entry in the Horizon Zero Dawn franchise is in development, and this Vegetation Artist would be brought on to work on this title specifically.

It's no surprise that Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is in the works at Guerrilla, but it's entirely possible that the project is being targeted as a PS5 launch game when that next-gen console releases next year.

Indeed, actress Janina Gavankar - who played Tatai in the original Horizon - accidentally made mention of the sequel earlier this year, while some of Guerrilla's developers have been teasing an impending announcement on their personal Twitter profiles.

Another job listing for a Principal Animator for Living World also suggests the studio will be making good use of the PS5's upgraded specs, asking for someone who can "push the envelope for free moving crowd animations". Hopefully we'll be hearing something more official from Sony and Guerrilla soon enough.

Source: Gamesradar

Kdad

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f586a6f4d5a52673969716c334e413d3d2d3630383932373138322e313534346139626663306137373536393934353337373933313331362e676966

TGPZGaming

Neo Member
I really hope we do get a sequel. The game was fantastic. I just hope every mission doesn’t end with a machine battle. I got burnt out on that.

Of course, they'd be stupid not to follow up on that game.

I'd be surprised if there's any real enthusiasm or creative energy for Killzone right now over at GG.

spectyre

I never thought otherwise. Horizon was huge for them while Killzone never quite stood out to the masses.

Dthomp

Good, Horizon was probably one of if not my favorite games this gen. Glad GG moved on for the time being from Killzone, it was just boring to me. Can't wait for more of this story to continue on!

Yumi

Imagine HZD2 graphics on PS5 holy shit
Yep. Didnt enjoy the game enough to finish it but cant wait to see what the second one looks like on ps5.

Really hope they dont go cross platform with it. It should be the graphics showcase for ps5 in my opinion.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally didn't enjoy the first game at all but I guess I'm in minority. I guess glad to see fans getting another but I'm not gonna make the same mistake.

Timex

Banned
I loved this game and Aloy is an awesome protagonist. Who else wore the carja fire outfit to see Aloys toned midriff?

Codes 208

This gen theyve made killzone shadowfall and HZD.

Knowing that...yeah, Id much rather get a sequel to HZD.
or a killzone reboot, I’d be up for that.

Dargor

If they can add a decent melee combat, more npcs and a more interactive world, they might end up with one of the best RPGs of all time.

HZD was already a great game, so I believe in them.

Psykodad

Banned
Wasn't it mentioned already more than a year ago.

Could've sworn it was briefly mentioned that HZD2 was in development.

Dontero

Banned
Hopefully this time it will be good game. Tried it but it was basically poor man rpg and mediacore TPS at best. I though for a second that this could also take a bit from Monster Hunter but in the end it did not.

Only thing going for it is graphics.

Top Bottom