• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

NOKYARD

OMG look it's Nokyard!

Hi I'm NOKYARD. I'm one of the Community Cartographers who went to 343i to work with the Forge team. If you have any questions relating to today's Forge announcement i would be pleased to answer them.

Please note the Community Cartographer team used a development version of Forge. Certain functions were not yet included in this build so i am not able to comment on some features.

These include, but are not limited to:
Trait Zones
Gravity Volumes
Game Modes (other than Breakout, Flag, and Slayer which are covered elsewhere)
Weapons and Skins
Vehicles, other than the standard set
REQ items in Forge
Start Menu Options, like Editor Traits & Start New Round
File Share and map storage
The specific maps we built

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hi I'm NOKYARD. I'm one of the Community Cartographers who went to 343i to work with the Forge team. If you have any questions relating to today's Forge announcement i would be pleased to answer them.

Please note the Community Cartographer team used a development version of Forge. Certain functions were not yet included in this build so i am not able to comment on some features.

Trait Zones
Gravity Volumes
Weapons and Skins
REQ items in Forge

Does it have multiplayer?

Did you have fun?

Trait Zones
Gravity Volumes
Weapons and Skins
REQ items in Forge

Does Frankie smell as nice as the leak hinted at

Glass

Not had time to delve into the article but can't wait to. If it takes the extra time to get it right, and its a massive step up for the mode, then I'm cool with the post launch.

Trait Zones
Gravity Volumes
Weapons and Skins
REQ items in Forge

Are there texture/color options?

Raide

Trait Zones
Gravity Volumes
Weapons and Skins
REQ items in Forge

Do you still float around as the Guilty Spark reject?

Also, can I get in with the test version? The December wait will kill me.

Bsigg12

From the article

COLORS

The new Forge loves color. Colors add a lot of personalization to levels so we built most of the Forge pieces to really maximize their color customization options on them.

Primary, Secondary, & Tertiary Colors – The vast majority of the Forge building pieces have tunable primary, secondary, and tertiary color change sections on them. This allows objects color variations from the blatantly oblivious to very subtle. Many also support changing the matte/metallic reflective properties of the color surface as well allowing for more visual variety from location to location.

100+ Colors – We have more colors in Forge this time than most people had in their crayon boxes growing up; representing a wide range of shades and hues from across the whole color spectrum.

Reference Colors – Objects placed in the level generally pre-assigned come with colors that point to “reference colors” that are tunable in the options. Changing these colors in the map settings will immediately update the colors on all of the objects referencing them. It’s a great way to experiment with map coloring quickly and easily without having to edit a bunch of individual objects.

NOKYARD

Did you have fun?
Absolutely! The team and everyone i met there were fantastic.

Does Frankie smell as nice as the leak hinted at
Sadly Frankie wasn't there for the 9 days i was at 343i. Probably heard i was a hugger.

Are we getting tangible material presets that aren't boring grey metal blocks, like wood, concrete and glass? Sigh.
Not sure about the final shipping inventory, but even the most boring of objects had settings and colour options to make them unique.

Is it possible to Forge maps that look like 343's Breakout maps? With the dark blue grid floor, grey/orange walls, etc.
Breakout maps are Forge maps.

Yes! Extensive options which are applied with labels so you can change entire groups of objects at once.

Trait Zones
Gravity Volumes
Weapons and Skins
REQ items in Forge

You should head over to the Forge thread :)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1121090

Yes! Extensive options which are applied with labels so you can change entire groups of objects at once.

Three questions I can think of off the top of my head:

- Regarding the "finishes" of objects, is it a binary matte / metallic toggle or are there more than two options? I'm not asking on an item-by-item basis, but rather what's the maximum number of finishes an object might have? e.g. a Covenant crate having matte, swords of sanghelios, covenant, heretic etc. finishes to choose from.

- Can you use the scripting abilities to change the greater lighting theme? With the three canvases having three lighting themes each, I was curious as to whether or not you could set up an event where you, say, punch a traffic cone and Space goes from the Installation 04 lighting theme to the Installation 07 lighting theme.

- Do destructible objects make a return beyond explosives, such as palettes and crates? If so, are there more than the ones that have appeared in past games, particularly Halo 3 and Reach?

Tyrus

Banned
5 is a standalone story. If you play 5 and then read Escalation, you'll be like, "Oh cool a prequel and now I know some background details on these things"

So it won't really be explained in-game then how Blue Team reunited as that happened in another medium (the comics, Halo Escalation)?

Reading what the did, and only understanding that it doesn't showcase all of the enhancements, has me excited for those who loved forge.

Bring on the Forge community contests with Forge maps implemented into Social Playlists!!! Arena/btb

>=D ..

solis74

Thought this was really cool :)

UpZvtys.jpg
[/IMG]

:)

The new Forge mode will release in December, just in time for the holiday break. From there, we’ll be running Forge as an ongoing (free) service for Halo 5, taking feedback from the community and delivering new features and content on an ongoing basis. Halo 5’s Forge is the biggest evolution of the feature since the original was released with Halo 3.)

:D

Trait Zones
Gravity Volumes
Weapons and Skins
REQ items in Forge

Can we make Sidewinder on Glacier, or is it too small?

Frankie, bring back Sidewinder kthxbai.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Stinkles, will there be file sharing w/searching to go along with the Forge release come December?

Forge sounds like it'll be excellent, but my question is, where is the preload?!?!? Hopefully it is available soon and if there is a day one patch, will that be able to be preloaded as well?

Random17

It's the plot twist, I can tell.
I doubt that the Didact of all people is the "keeper of the domain and its secrets. " Half the reason he went crazy was because of his 100k year solitary confinement due to his inability to access the domain, lol.

On another note, it sounds like Escalation is analogous to First Strike and Uprising, which are backgrounding readings for Halo 2 and 3 respectively.

Spartan Ops is still mandatory, though, I think.

MaGlock

3 more weeks of raging at halo 4 then pure bliss man. Can't wait. I was never a huge forge guy but it looks interesting

Top Bottom