• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo Infinite PC 32:9 super ultrawide screenshots

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
343 Industries has released three more screenshots from the PC version of Halo Infinite, showcasing its 32:9 super ultrawide support

910213.jpg

Halo Infinite PC promises to offer a buttery smooth experience on mouse and keyboard
Local multiplayer server is also confirmed
Other players on your LAN, both PC and Xbox, are able to join your local server and play multiplayer with you
Ranked matches will have restricted competitive playlists based on input type
External flights and playtesting has started with very good feedback, heartening in many areas and impactful in others
They made an anti-cheat solution that doesn’t get in the way, doesn’t root your machine, doesn’t block your legitimate applications – they want it the most unobtrusive thing possible
The game will support most ultrawide aspect ratios (21:9, 32:9 and beyond), will have advances graphics settings, and will offer cross-play and cross-progression
Most expansive Halo game yet (if you still doubted)

haloinfinite_campaign_pc_spire_32x9_wm-4926c5c11eea444daab70d0bd1dbd0e7.png
haloinfinite_campaign_pc_fov78_32x9_wm-3fbf0e1071f741ab96c5d180b81c6730.png
haloinfinite_campaign_pc_32x9_wm-9194fba57f384695964cd4d794e607d6.png

haloinfinite_campaign_pc_ring_21x9-9bc8168f0b9b49d28aa515e31bc93d91.png

Similar to the Halo games in the MCC, Halo Infinite will come with a Field of View slider.
It will also allow PC gamers to tweak numerous settings such as Dynamic Lights, Shadows, Reflections and more.

E0LSAUTXMAMd8uK

E0LSGg5WEAchY0Q

The PC version will let you tweak your in-game experience to your liking across a variety of different settings
You also have the ability to maintain a minimum framerate (thanks to DRS) and specify a maximum framerate (including uncapped)

Options menu (not complete):

haloinfinite_pc_settings_minfr_wm-ebfe623a11eb45c3a278fb5620acc45c.png
haloinfinite_pc_settings_gfx_wm-fd1c20c9f4cd4abf9b9db80f119fc862.png
haloinfinite_pc_settings_kbm_wm-ec9c45f08559418ebab9979e485e2d37.png

Last edited:

dem

Game looks so bad to me...

them trees... gawd damn. Everything looks bad. The grass.. the rocks.. the lighting... everything.

feel like we are gonna be waiting forever to get a Series X showpiece. This is decidedly last gen looking.

Last edited:

Salz01

I bought an Xbox Series X, mostly for this game. I bought the original Xbox for Halo 1. I get they want to have it on pc and show it off there, but Christ, show a good demo or screen shot on series x before pc. I was so under whelmed by the Craig demo. This doesn’t even look to me like a big step up from that demo. Was kind of expecting something inline to the slip steam trailer they did years ago. This looks nothing like that.

From the pics I see they didn't change much. Just tweaked the lighting. And how could they change much if they still had the whole game left to be made, let alone rehash the whole thing and overhaul the art style? In only a year? Set your expectations low, and I don't mean to FUD or hate, be wise and take my advice.

Banned
I bought an Xbox Series X, mostly for this game. I bought the original Xbox for Halo 1. I get they want to have it on pc and show it off there, but Christ, show a good demo or screen shot on series x before pc. I was so under whelmed by the Craig demo. This doesn’t even look to me like a big step up from that demo. Was kind of expecting something inline to the slip steam trailer they did years ago. This looks nothing like that.

they show PC because it's way harder to get right. PC needs a lot of attention because PC players expect a certain set of features. and MCC didn't have a perfect start on PC so they want to make extra sure to communicate to PC players that they listened to the feedback.

Perrott

Gold Member
This could be true. We'll see. I already don't like the materials in those screenshots. They look like Gears/DOOM metal which is completely wrong. I hope they go back and revisit their material shaders.
There's something off about the look of the assets in general (trees, rocks, vegetation, structures) and the lightning certainly doesn't help, but I think that it all comes down to the overall art direction which is pretty bad tbh.

It looked much, much better in the in-engine E3 2018 trailer and all the scenes also had a more "artistic" feel to them in terms of the color palette and stuff:

Jon Neu

Banned

Brutes still look like trash.

This is an Xbox One game, people still expecting amazing graphics are in for a dissapointment.

Hopefully, the gameplay is good.

Im telling you, it was a huge mistake to put out those in engine trailers. Now any piece of media they put out for this game will be compared To an impossibly high bar that they set for themselves three years ago

They can reach and surpass those trailers if they make a Halo exclusive for the Series X.

This is just an Xbox One game souped up for Series X/PC.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
At that level of detail the brute looks like it belongs to Halo 3. :/

Halo has always been about the gameplay to me anyway.

Shubh_C63

I think the Craig thing was a blessing in disguise for Halo. Now people atleast has their expectations in check.
Graphics will look amazing, but not generation defining as expected from Halo.

And this thing needs to run on as many machine as possible. It will have an online store for cosmetics (It Will), which is where real money will come in.

Jon Neu

Banned
Halo has always been about the gameplay to me anyway.

Halo broke new ground like few other games did in history. Breathtaking graphics, impressive IA, huge open world areas filled with enemies and a sense of tridimensionality to the gameplay like no other shooter before.

This shit is embarassing and it's MS's fault for not making clear from the start that this wasn't a next gen Halo, but a crossgen game developed for the Xbox One since the start. But of course, that doesn't build hype and sells games so they kept their mouth shut and fooled people into believe that the game was something it isn't and never was.

I just don't think anyone should be expecting anything mind blowing. It looks nice but this game is going to be running on that shitty jaguar core xbox....

I love Halo, but they should have committed this to 100% next gen.
I agree^

I think they are going to limit the lifespan of the game by doing that.

MS already has game pass running on PC, mobile, series S and Series X so the install base for this game will be there as time passes and more people get the Series S/X. They didn’t need the install base of the Xbox one. Especially when it comes at the cost of holding back the technical aspects of the game. This game does not look like a 2021 game at all.

But now that I think about it, my guess is they are look at games like fortnite and thinking they could use that same strategy with Halo.... hopefully this game turns out to be good but I am very skeptical that it will at this point.

Last edited:
Game looks amazing for the scale and ambition and I love the lighting. While people seem to only be focusing on one element of the game, which is the graphics department, as if it's the only important factor at play where this game is concerned, I'm busy thinking of all the sick ass tactical gameplay possibilities and all the different ways I'll be to approach a situation and handle encounters. I'm thinking of what I'll end up finding in the game world as I explore

People don't seem to realize when they're looking at LODs. Do people honestly believe the further out trees will actually look like that when you're closer to them? Be real. We've already seen newer gameplay shots that are closer to the trees, and it looks fantastic. This game from the start was going for a very specific art style, one that is less focused on hyper realism, but is going for a nice in-between real and paying homage to the original Halo CE artstyle. I don't care about a random brute looking as good as the Chief or the Pilot, so long as the more important enemy characters end up looking the part. Halo Infinite isn't trying to look like Call of Duty or Battlefield folks, it's trying to look like Halo. It had its own visual identity from the start, and I'm quite confident it will look utterly stunning when we see the final product in motion. There's never been this much detail in a Halo game with such large and open environments.

I'm stunned anyone is surprised with what the size of battles are likely to be like that enemy models won't look like the stuff in Halo Wars 2 CG. Look at the brutes, and that's more or less the art style you're going to get out of any other character. Anyway, I'll let people worry and stress over thinking this game won't look fantastic on release. I personally can't wait.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Halo broke new ground like few other games did in history. Breathtaking graphics, impressive IA, huge open world areas filled with enemies and a sense of tridimensionality to the gameplay like no other shooter before.

This shit is embarassing and it's MS's fault for not making clear from the start that this wasn't a next gen Halo, but a crossgen game developed for the Xbox One since the start. But of course, that doesn't build hype and sells games so they kept their mouth shut and fooled people into believe that the game was something it isn't and never was.

The game was announced years before the SX was, how much fucking more clear could they be? Did they need to say it wasn’t for an unannounced console 2 years before it was announced?

Fredrik

I think the Craig thing was a blessing in disguise for Halo. Now people atleast has their expectations in check.
Graphics will look amazing, but not generation defining as expected from Halo.

And this thing needs to run on as many machine as possible. It will have an online store for cosmetics (It Will), which is where real money will come in.
It’s their own fault for setting the expectations too high after the 2018 reveal but it’s getting a lot more love now, so yeah since things will improve and it’ll get bonus features this messy reveal will definitely end up being a good thing, for both the devs and gamers. Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Jon Neu

Banned
The game was announced years before the SX was, how much fucking more clear could they be?

Easy: they could have come out and said the game was developed for the Xbox One and therefore it will have past gen graphics instead of next gen.

That way they could have prevented the absolute shitshow that was the Halo Infinite gameplay reveal that tainted not only the image of the game and 343 industries, but the image of the Xbox Series X and Microsoft as a whole.

A little bit of honesty and transparency sometimes works in your favour.

odhiex

Ultra wide screen is nice, but the screenshots don't look that good to me. It's going to be okay as long as the gameplay is solid, I guess.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Game looks so bad to me...

them trees... gawd damn. Everything looks bad. The grass.. the rocks.. the lighting... everything.

feel like we are gonna be waiting forever to get a Series X showpiece. This is decidedly last gen looking.

It doesn't matter how good or bad it actually looks there are going to be people like you on this board that have decided its going to be bad no matter what.

SCB3

Is ultrawide for gaming even worth it? I feel like everytime I see shots of it the game looks stretched out and not in a good way, maybe I'm just too used to normal screen sizes

Neo_game

6800XT having dynamic lighting to medium and resolution scale as 1080P, FOV to 78 why take screenshot of this ? This can't be right. I knew the gfx would not have got big upgrade but they should be showing console version. I do not think they are many fans of Halo on PC especially when new BF game is expected to launch later this year. 🤷‍♂️

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
really looking forward to this. Give me gameplay over graphics anyway. If they nail that in an open world environment sand box I’m going to be in love.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

that was 20 years ago. I remember halo 3 getting ragged on for its character models and 600p graphics. Had the best hdr I’d ever seen on console and the gameplay was sublime.

I couldn’t give a fuck about graphics if the gameplay is on point.
this is still clearly coming out on current Gen with a few bells and whistles on top for pc and next gen.

Top Bottom