• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Horizon Zero Dawn info at gamescom

Not expecting too much in the way of new info for a while since they just did their big reveal but hopefully we hear something juicy.

Yeah, I think so too, it's probably too soon for anymore really big info so I'd be cool with just getting some more details/updates on it, but if they have more than that great.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Are you shitting me? People were saying this about the TOKYO GAME SHOW?

You don't know how bad its gotten.

I've gotten sick of having to tiptoe around my favorite genres to avoid this kind of thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they managed to pack 500k polygon's into that one Dino model. That's just ridiculous

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The one thing I'm hoping for from TGS or any of the remaining events is a SoulCalibur VI announcement. Or Virtua Fighter 6. Either/Or. Tekken 7 is bumming me out as much as it's exciting me; I need more fighting games to get hyped over.

Can we be excited? :)

Look at all the Japanese game announcements this gen. Why wouldn't you be excited if you like Japanese games? Possible stuff we could see this year

- Vanillaware's new game (they said it'll be announced in September)
- Dragon Quest Heroes 2 proper unveiling
- Gravity Rush 2 unveiling
- Other Sony Japan games
- Persona 5
- Level 5's PS4 game that was intended to be announced at E3
- Bloodborne expansion
- Nier 2 details
- Project Setsuna unveiling
- FFXV
- KH3
- Gran Turismo 7 *crosses gingers*

That's on top of the stuff that will inevitably happen like new showings for Star Ocean 5, Exist Archive, Tales of Berseria, World of Final Fantasy, SFV, Ys 8, The Last Guardian etc.

Philippo

Lol why are the people here posting lists of japanese games in a thread about Horizon?
Isn't whatever Kagari hinted simply related to this game?

ocean

Banned
Thought we were getting new Pluto pictures in Gamescon and wondered why the hell. Pre-coffee thread title reading comprehension fail.

Anarion07

Rocketbeanstv (German 24h gaming stream) will have a big booth together with XMG, and they said Guerilla Games and Naughty Dog will come for an interview.
Can't wait!

Look at all the Japanese game announcements this gen. Why wouldn't you be excited if you like Japanese games? Possible stuff we could see this year

- Other Sony Japan games
- Persona 5
- Bloodborne expansion
- Nier 2 details
- FFXV
- KH3

That's on top of the stuff that will inevitably happen like new showings for Star Ocean 5, Exist Archive, Tales of Berseria, World of Final Fantasy, SFV, Ys 8, The Last Guardian etc.

TGS will be glorious <3

Lol why are the people here posting lists of japanese games in a thread about Horizon?
Isn't whatever Kagari hinted simply related to this game?

Why would Kagari be hinting at Horizon stuff for TGS? It's incredibly unlikely we'll see more Horizon at TGS.

- Other Sony Japan games
- Persona 5
- Bloodborne expansion
- Nier 2 details
- FFXV
- KH3

Oh, I know! I like japanese games, and I am expecting TGS to deliver.

Why would she hype TGS in a Horizon thread? Clearly the game is scheduled to appear there.

Because the thread devolved into a discussion about where Sony is having press conferences this year. Context really helps.

A Japanese version of the E3 trailer? :p

I was about to ask how that could generate any kind of hype from someone who's already seen the trailer, but then I remembered how hilarious Japanese dubbing is and so I now find this an acceptable answer. XD

stryke

Some details from latest issue of Edge

• original idea came from art director, Van Beek
  • decided by company wide vote
  • Some details on the Thunderjaw that we know from before - 90+ armour plates that can be individually knocked off, 2 major weak points, hit to the nutsack does 3x damage
  • Deer like creatures at the beginning of the demo are called Grazers
  • The green fuel Aloy knocked off their backs is used for explosive arrows
  • Robot parts can be hunted as well as obtained from traders/merchants
  • you can scare a herd of Grazers into a trap using the explosive arrows
  • Geurrilla consists of 180 staff, expanding from the release of Shadow Fall which was made by 150.
  • As has been known before, 2 of the new people are John Gonzales (Lead write of Fallout New Vegas and Shadow of Morder) as well as Pawel Swiercynski (cinematics director on Witcher III)
  • And like every other RPG ever, you can craft new outfits that can buff Aloy stats

Alo0oy

Banned
Some details from latest issue of Edge

• original idea came from art director, Van Beek
  • decided by company wide vote
  • Some details on the Thunderjaw that we know from before - 90+ armour plates that can be individually knocked off, 2 major weak points, hit to the nutsack does 3x damage
  • Deer like creatures at the beginning of the demo are called Grazers
  • The green fuel Aloy knocked off their backs is used for explosive arrows
  • Robot parts can be hunted as well as obtained from traders/merchants
  • you can scare a herd of Grazers into a trap using the explosive arrows
  • Geurrilla consists of 180 staff, expanding from the release of Shadow Fall which was made by 150.
  • As has been known before, 2 of the new people are John Gonzales (Lead write of Fallout New Vegas and Shadow of Morder) as well as Pawel Swiercynski (cinematics director on Witcher III)
  • And like every other RPG ever, you can craft new outfits that can buff Aloy stats

You should make a thread for that.

Tratorn

Seems it'll be mostly already known stuff... :/

Update:

In an email by Sony sent to PlayStation LifeStyle, the publisher has clarified that while it’s going to “continue the reveal conversation” it started at E3 about Horizon Zero Dawn, there won’t be any big new details revealed at the show as previously mentioned in the post. However, the game will be present in Sony’s official booth, so non-E3 attendees should be in for a treat nonetheless.

Apologies for the confusion and carry on.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-gamescom-stream-game-happening-next-tuesday/

Sorry to bump this, but they will be here at 11.15 tuesday CEST

wochenplan.jpg

RocketbeansTV is a german 24/7 channel on Twitch

Don't expect 100 % new footage, I don't know what they're going to show or say.

Top Bottom