• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Horizon Zero Dawn info at gamescom

Alo0oy

Banned
xmzQfoS.jpg

Thanks to The God for finding the tweet from the other thread.

EDIT: There's a stream on Tuesday as well.

Tuesday GG will show Horzon: Zero Dawn here http://www.twitch.tv/rocketbeanstv

I don't know what they're going to show, but they're going to be there. Stream is german.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Not expecting too much in the way of new info for a while since they just did their big reveal but hopefully we hear something juicy.

Awesome. I was hoping there would be some more info at Gamescom, but was under the impression that wouldn't be happening since Sony will not have a big presence there.

Alo0oy

Banned
Awesome. I was hoping there would be some more info at Gamescom, but was under the impression that wouldn't be happening since Sony will not have a big presence there.

They have the biggest booth at gamescom, they just don't have a press conference there this year.

Caronte

I thought the only difference was Sony won't have a conference, not that they won't be there like always.

prwxv3

They are not having a conference. They still have the like the biggest booth at gamescom like every year.

DJIzana

Well, even if Sony said they weren't going to attend Gamescom, I'm happy we'll see some new Horizon Zero Dawn info there at least.

All of Sony's stuff is being saved for Paris Games Week, instead, right?

GnawtyDog

Banned
Can't have Scalebound running around stealing the spotlight now can you? lol jk...

I'll be happy if they release concept art of a new aggressive robot. Paris Games Week and PSX are far away and they're certainly going to be heavily featured in both. Then you have E3 2016. Gotta keep stuff under-wraps.

prwxv3

Well, even if Sony said they weren't going to attend Gamescom, I'm happy we'll see some new Horizon Zero Dawn info there at least.

They are attending gamescom they are just not having a conference.

Alo0oy

Banned

Tokyo Game Show, Paris Games Week, & Playstation Experience. So Sony has three big conferences remaining this year.

As for Gamescom, they still have the biggest booth in the show floor.

TGS is Sony's next big show. But that's likely going to be heavily focused on Japanese developed games like last year.

prwxv3

Ah right. Thanks for the clarification. Still though... I'm under the impression major announcements are being saved for Paris Games Week instead though, no?

Yes. They still have the biggest booth at gamescome this year like every year.

On a side note I don't know how "we wont have a gamescom conference" turned into "we wont be at gamescom"

They're not having a conference. They'll still be there in full force.

Good to know. Yeah I thought it was odd for Sony to not be at the biggest gaming event in Europe outside of GDC EU. Thanks, Bros (you're still a bro even if you're a girl).

TGS is Sony's next big show. But that's likely going to be heavily focused on Japanese developed games like last year.

TLG will hopefully be playable by the public

Doesn't make sense to me, to skip Gamescom, 2 months after E3, when there's TGS in September, PGW in October and presumably PSX in December.

Anyway, I imagine we'll be getting trailers for big games at Gamescom. Sony games or not. Also happy to hear they'll be sharing more, in general. Maybe a bit more info on the RPG elements would be good.

Wonder if there will be melee combat too? Or just shooting. Hmmm.

Alo0oy

Banned
Doesn't make sense to me, to skip Gamescom, 2 months after E3, when there's TGS in September, PGW in October and presumably PSX in December.

Anyway, I imagine we'll be getting trailers for big games at Gamescom. Sony games or not. Also happy to hear they'll be sharing more, in general. Maybe a bit more info on the RPG elements would be good.

Aloy did have a spear in the trailer, so it's a pretty safe bet that there's melee combat.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

They have the largest presence there. 6-7 booths I believe.

They are just not doing a live press conference because Gamesom fell so close (6 weeks) from E3 this year.

Yeah, & just like last year people would still bitch about how "Japaneesy" the announced games looked lol.

Are you shitting me? People were saying this about the TOKYO GAME SHOW?

Eggbok

Even though there won't be a Sony conference is it reasonable to expect lots of blog posts with new info for some games?

They have the biggest booth at gamescom, they just don't have a press conference there this year.

I hope they put out new trailers for Tearaway, Rapture, Until Dawn, Uncharted Collection, Shadow of the Beast, The Tomorrow Children, etc. They've actually got a stacked release schedule for the rest of the year, but obviously there's not so much interest because the games aren't generally 'Triple-A'.

silva1991

Is another PSX confirmed?

Ray Down

Banned
Even though there won't be a Sony conference is it reasonable to expect lots of blog posts with new info for some games?

Yep, they might not have a conference but out of the big three they have the biggest presence at the show. No way we don't get new info.

DJIzana

Is another PSX confirmed?

Pretty sure it was. VGA's are also happening this year.

So we still have... what? Gamescom, PAX Prime, TGS, Paris Games Week, Playstation Experience, VGA's and Jump Festa?

Also, if you're like me and also a Nintendo fan, there's Nintendo Directs as well.

That's... a lot of stuff to expect. Lots of chances for Horizon to appear too! :D

Alo0oy

Banned
I hope they put out new trailers for Tearaway, Rapture, Until Dawn, Uncharted Collection, Shadow of the Beast, The Tomorrow Children, etc. They've actually got a stacked release schedule for the rest of the year, but obviously there's not so much interest because the games aren't generally 'Triple-A'.

Don't forget Persona 5.

Servbot24

Banned

Yeah, there are 3 upcoming day 1 games for me on PS4 this year. Usually there's only one or two games like that in a year.

prwxv3

6 weeks to make a ptesentation is prettu hard. They are having a preentation in paris to make up for gamescom this year

Top Bottom