• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New HQ Witcher 3 character models

Very high res

ibiZt3EekwHKv2.jpg

ibz7RXZa1yRtfy.jpg

I had to look at some details like the low-poly fingers to know it was actually the ingame assets (or at least for real time cutscenes :p).

HORRORSHØW

the images were slowly loading like i was on 56k.

looks great. february is going to be an awesome month for gaming.

Teremap

Banned
Haha, had to find some way to get that cleavage window back on Triss, eh?

Other than that, lookin' good. Lookin' real good.

Triss' new outfit sucks compared to the 2 outfit IMO. That outfit was was what made me first notice the Witcher series; I saw a render of it and I was like "who is that, that's badass".

Wonder if a high-res of the rest of the major players is coming down the road.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Funny, we also have a thread about faces in nextgen games!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902504

Now compare again Triss face with Drake. It isn't so good now, right?
The face in this open world game that's bigger than Skyrim doesn't look as good as a game that will most likely be very linear by comparison, not sure you're getting the point on why this looks so good. A better comparison would be with Dragon Age Inquisition. >.>

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Looks spectacular. GTA5 and Witcher 3 VRAM requirements are going to be insane. I can already see that.

I'm actually a little disappointed in the faces and hair and hands. The clothes look amazing but the rest is just kinda standard for this gen.

antonz

Faces do not seem outlandish. Main cast will get the most impressive models but general npcs wont be horrible either.

I would post some good shots of Triss from W2 but google makes it difficult with most screenshots coming from her getting shagged

Triss' new outfit sucks compared to the 2 outfit IMO. That outfit was was what made me first notice the Witcher series; I saw a render of it was like "who is that, that's badass".

Wonder if a high-res of the rest of the major players is coming down the road.

yeah, her outfit in W2 was one of the best ever, I loved it at first glance.

This one is different because *I think* Triss will be mainly a NPC in the city Novigrad, she isn't going to travel with you except maybe in some quests. The new attire is supposed to be more for the city like a sorcerer-courtesan and not for travels like in W2.

misho8723

Banned
Triss looks real good and I'm really digging the colors of the outfit - a contrast to Yennefer and her black outfit

But the real star here is Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd .. he's looking absolut fantastic !

On a side note, I crossed a couple of interviews he released and he tends to come off as a bitter old man yelling at clouds.
At times it almost sounded like he resented CDPR from "messing" with his creature.

Indeed. Everyone should read the Eurogamer interview, it's hilarious. The guy acts like he wrote the book of all books and absulotely no one out there could do justice to the Witcher universe.
He created splendid fantasy books, but with all due respect he's pretty short sightet.
"Transfer a book into a virtual world'? Funny. It's impossible."

Complistic

Fantastic, they updated Triss. I was afraid Yennifer was going to get a brand new face and they'd just port Triss's from the witcher 2. Should never have doubted.

Believe some more!
Not gunna happen tbh.
Why not? lol

Shitty pic but it's the same.

maxresdefault.jpg
It's not tho, that screenshot has noticeably lower-res textures. Look at her eyebrows, her freckles. Heck, the lighting won't be as good in game either. The promo shot is incredibly retouched - it's the equivalent of a Vogue shot.
Funny, we also have a thread about faces in nextgen games!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902504

Now compare again Triss face with Drake. It isn't so good now, right?
No, it's still good. Too good :p

Top Bottom