• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Images and Video Surface from the Canceled Jurassic World Game!

Javin98

Banned
Seriously, it's pretty disappointing to hear that this was cancelled after watching the video and looking at the renders. The models and animations look amazing. My favorite dinosaur looks so freaking badass in the renders too :( Way better than the one in Ark Survival Evolved, at least.
nate-lange-spino5.jpg

I really wish a new studio is built to finish this or some other studios pick up this project. Looks too amazing to just cancel it.

My gut is telling me we'll see a Jurassic Park/World game this gen that isn't lego on consoles.
That would be a dream come true for you and me.

Those renders are incredible. What I would give to have an adventure game where you can roam around with dinos everywhere using the JP/JW aesthetic (still the coolest interpretation on how dinos look).

strafer

Okay now im sad.

no vinny extra life stream archive

Cancelled jp game

no alien isolation 2

My computer chair is busted

my hair is long

Amalthea

Banned
I like the look of the Apatosaurus a lot more than what we got in the movie, those looked almost like some 50's brontosauruses.

Did anyone happen to save videos of Nates Sketchfab 3D animations from the game? They were deleted, and it's killing me that they may be lost for good. So many awesome animations from the game that we didn't save yet.

shandy706

Ugh, why am I mad now?

These models look incredible.

This sucks. (sigh)

I swear, over the years, there are a lot of developers/producers who toss out some ideas for games, then trash-bin the coolest ideas just to troll gamers.

If something like this is dropped due to layoffs...please, somehow...find a way to pass it on to another studio.

Jawmuncher

Though if they're trying to hide it now, makes me wonder if perhaps the project isn't entirely dead. If it was cancelled why care?

Javin98

Banned
So, this game might be alive (albeit likely altered). I'm not convinced, but I'm looking into it.
Wait, really? That's good news, I guess. Hopefully it's still under development.

If it was on track to be as bad as the movie then thank our lucky stars that it got canned.
Every time I see someone complaining about Jurassic World, I feel so relieved that it was the dinosaur movie I wanted and anticipated since rumours started surfacing back in 2008.

Jawmuncher

Where is this from?

BTW, the video in OP is down due to copyright reasons lol.

It's from TLW trailer. Anyway a lot of the stuff is down aside from the GIFs and Images now. Adds more weight that the project wasn't canceled but instead reworked. Since had it been canceled there wouldn't Be as big a deal on covering this up.

It's from TLW trailer. Anyway a lot of the stuff is down aside from the GIFs and Images now. Adds more weight that the project wasn't canceled but instead reworked. Since had it been canceled there wouldn't Be as big a deal on covering this up.

That should have been the first giveaway - the takedown requests coming in just hours after the article went up.

Sigh, another day, another awesome video game with Dinosaurs I'll never be able to play. The renders look fantastic.

Edit:
Though if they're trying to hide it now, makes me wonder if perhaps the project isn't entirely dead. If it was cancelled why care?

Okay, I'll jump on to this hypothetical train.

The only good thing to come of Jurassic World will be this high res character model of Chris Pratt. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom