New images of Banjo Kazooie

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Jun 8, 2004
17,966
15
1,750
Not all of these are new, but quite a few are as far as I can tell. I'm too lazy to check :p






















 

RBH

Member
Apr 19, 2007
54,206
1
0
With each new screenshot/video, I'm warming up more and more to this game.

Mind if I post these screens in the Banjo Kazooie hype thread, Blim?
 

Dorfdad

Banned
Jun 26, 2006
1,570
0
995
PA
Id like to be objective here on something and ask a legit question.

#1. I just went out last night and bought a 360 Local EB had them already on sale 299.99 and I got a few games tossed in. I had 210 credit so I was like with ok ill jump in..

So I picked up Halo 3, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, and Project Gotham Racing.

I also happen to own a PS3 and Ratchet and Clank and comparing this with Ratchet and Clank im kinda disappointed in Banjo's Graphical Prowess I will get it as I love the series. but Im wondering if this is indicative of the graphical limitations of the 360?

I know it's one game but Rare always had great looking games this looks no better than kameo which was a launch title.

Also any sleeper 360 hits I should get?
 

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
28,323
0
0
watkinzez said:
Bottles' glasses don't make sense!
a moles eyes are basically unused.

the glasses suggest that the magnification is extremely high where it magnifies eyes. which is seen in real life.
 

RBH

Member
Apr 19, 2007
54,206
1
0
Dorfdad said:
Id like to be objective here on something and ask a legit question.

#1. I just went out last night and bought a 360 Local EB had them already on sale 299.99 and I got a few games tossed in. I had 210 credit so I was like with ok ill jump in..

So I picked up Halo 3, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, and Project Gotham Racing.

I also happen to own a PS3 and Ratchet and Clank and comparing this with Ratchet and Clank im kinda disappointed in Banjo's Graphical Prowess I will get it as I love the series. but Im wondering if this is indicative of the graphical limitations of the 360?

I know it's one game but Rare always had great looking games this looks no better than kameo which was a launch title.

Also any sleeper 360 hits I should get?
Crackdown is one of the best "sleeper hits" on the 360. Plus, it's fairly cheap right now.
 

Nolan.

Member
Mar 23, 2007
8,531
0
0
Essex
g35twinturbo said:
looks interesting, same engine as Kameo?
I was thinking that for a second along with ''so Kameo shouldn't be too much work''. Not sure though. Anyway i'm warming to it a lot more than I was originally.
 

Kildace

Member
May 26, 2007
1,219
0
0
Dorfdad said:
I also happen to own a PS3 and Ratchet and Clank and comparing this with Ratchet and Clank im kinda disappointed in Banjo's Graphical Prowess I will get it as I love the series. but Im wondering if this is indicative of the graphical limitations of the 360?
Banjo is a big open world, Ratchet is a linear platformer takes place in self contained areas that allow for asset streaming as the player advances in the level. You can't expect ratchet graphics with Banjo scale this gen, sadly.
 

Nolan.

Member
Mar 23, 2007
8,531
0
0
Essex
RBH said:
Crackdown is one of the best "sleeper hits" on the 360. Plus, it's fairly cheap right now.
Might aswell get saints row too if you're getting crackdown (where is the Crackdown sequel ms -_-).
 

Fantastical

Death Prophet
May 3, 2008
20,549
0
0
USA
Looks incredible. You still got it, RARE.
VGChampion said:
So hyped for this game. Don't even care about the vehicles anymore.
Exactly how I feel. When I first saw it I was like WTF WTF WTF?! But now I don't give a shit. It's banjo-fucking-kazooie!
 

watkinzez

Member
Jun 10, 2007
1,899
0
0
NSW Australia
DeathNote said:
a moles eyes are basically unused.

the glasses suggest that the magnification is extremely high where it magnifies eyes. which is seen in real life.
But the magnification stays when he takes the glasses off... I know, it's probably poking fun at how they always used to be.

Anyway, looks like Banjo XBLA is being ported by 4J Studios, who also did the PS3 version of Oblivion. Seems in good enough hands.
 

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jan 6, 2007
24,382
0
1,080
MASS
Kildace said:
Banjo is a big open world, Ratchet is a linear platformer takes place in self contained areas that allow for asset streaming as the player advances in the level. You can't expect ratchet graphics with Banjo scale this gen, sadly.
have you even played ratchet? Are you kidding me?
 

Salmonax

Member
Apr 6, 2007
8,223
0
0
For some reason most of the screenshots look really cluttered to me, but overall the graphics are looking great. I'm keeping my hopes up for this one, even if it's not so much of a platformer.
 

nib95

Banned
Feb 26, 2007
34,619
2
0
Some screens look very good, others not so much. Over-all a little underwhelming. I thought RARE would really blow us away on the visual/technical side, but so far they are just shy of that imo. Lots of promise/potential though!
 

bdouble

Member
Sep 5, 2007
3,151
0
0
TheIroning said:
slightly underwhelming in many respects
expectations high? or don't like the vehicles?

I think it gets the job done. Looks solid and the vehicles are growing on me. Still looks like there is a bit of traditional running around, climbing and jumping in there. I think this will be quite fun. It will be cool to see other people vehicles and how different they all look and play.
 

jump_button

Banned
Dec 24, 2007
5,097
0
0
take away the car and put back kazooie to doing somthing more then holding somthing -_- and then we talk
 

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
28,323
0
0
watkinzez said:
But the magnification stays when he takes the glasses off... I know, it's probably poking fun at how they always used to be.

Anyway, looks like Banjo XBLA is being ported by 4J Studios, who also did the PS3 version of Oblivion. Seems in good enough hands.
the glasses aren't beside him. they aligned with his eyes.
 

abacab driver

Member
Sep 23, 2006
2,059
10
1,005
Dorfdad said:
Id like to be objective here on something and ask a legit question.

#1. I just went out last night and bought a 360 Local EB had them already on sale 299.99 and I got a few games tossed in. I had 210 credit so I was like with ok ill jump in..

So I picked up Halo 3, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, and Project Gotham Racing.

I also happen to own a PS3 and Ratchet and Clank and comparing this with Ratchet and Clank im kinda disappointed in Banjo's Graphical Prowess I will get it as I love the series. but Im wondering if this is indicative of the graphical limitations of the 360?

I know it's one game but Rare always had great looking games this looks no better than kameo which was a launch title.

Also any sleeper 360 hits I should get?

I know what you tried to do, but I'll answer you anyhow.

If you have Halo 3, Mass Effect and PGR (and assuming you've "seen" Gears, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, Call of Duty 4 etc..), why would huge undoctored screenshots of Banjo be indicative of the graphical "limitation" of the 360?
If youre going to troll, at least be logical about it.

Anyone whos seen Banjo in motion can easily see its one of the best and different looking games this gen so far visually. The visual quality it maintains in those enourmous, fully-traversable environments whilst implementing user generated content on the fly is quite a technical feat to say the least.
 

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Mar 17, 2007
2,032
0
0
Baltimore, MD
painey said:
yeah but now even her head is robotic, you can see the panels.
hrm yeah i see what you mean. I can't tell if it's actually robotic or it's just gotten old and dirty, but it does look different. They'll probably have a ridiculous explanation for it in the game.
 

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Jul 4, 2004
13,581
1
0
29
Looks good so far.

I dont mind the new look of the gameplay at all. It looks like it could work really well. The vehicles can jump, fly, attack etc, so its like basically like a platformer in a very mobile vehicle. From the small glimpses we've seen so for, it seems as though there's loads of customization you can do to your vehicles, so this game could turn out to be quite open ended.
 

Kydd BlaZe

Member
Aug 13, 2007
3,519
6
1,025
steamcommunity.com
Agent Icebeezy said:
I have, everything is flat. This has texturing that you can see all the way across the level.
Pretty much. I don't get what the big deal is with Ratchet. Game looked like a Pixar movie in the screenshots (bullshots?) but when I finally get around to actually playing it, it looked like nothing of the sort. It looks pretty, sure, but it's not the jaw dropping visual tour de force most make it out to be. Game got pretty boring as well. I never got around to finishing it.

Banjo looks amazing, though. The scale of some of these worlds is pretty impressive, and the building mechanic looks like a lot of fun.

Always-honest said:
just like ugly ass Kameo..
wat
 

Dorfdad

Banned
Jun 26, 2006
1,570
0
995
PA
abacab driver said:
I know what you tried to do, but I'll answer you anyhow.

If you have Halo 3, Mass Effect and PGR (and assuming you've "seen" Gears, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, Call of Duty 4 etc..), why would huge undoctored screenshots of Banjo be indicative of the graphical "limitation" of the 360?
If youre going to troll, at least be logical about it.

Anyone whos seen Banjo in motion can easily see its one of the best and different looking games this gen so far visually. The visual quality it maintains in those enourmous, fully-traversable environments whilst implementing user generated content on the fly is quite a technical feat to say the least.
No honestly not Trolling Like I said I jsut got the 360 last night. I have played some of those games and I know that it can / does look better depending on the game. I was comparing THIS game and RARE history to Ratchet's Graphics..

Im sure they game will be aces the OLD ones were, but it seems everything I seen in those pictures shows FOG or smears in the distance while everything up close is Sharp.. Is this because of the 360 hardware or because of the developer?
 

Zero_Phoenix

Banned
Jun 17, 2008
329
0
0
I think this game looks really amazing and fun, but just to talk about purely graphics for a moment.

I don't think the game looks quite as good in stills as say, Kameo. This game is going to have a LOT more going on, much bigger areas (other than that huge boring hub area in Kameo), lots more physics, and just a lot more of everything. This game uses real time lighting and shadow mapping where Kameo just used lightmapping.

So basically the result will be, in strictly technical terms, Banjo Kazooie will both play better and look better when actually playing. Stills are going to take something of a beating.