• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New images of Banjo Kazooie

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Not all of these are new, but quite a few are as far as I can tell. I'm too lazy to check :p

1162_0010.jpg

1162_0011.jpg

1162_0012.jpg

1162_0013.jpg

1162_0014.jpg

1162_0015.jpg

1162_0016.jpg

1162_0017.jpg

1162_0018.jpg

1162_0019.jpg

1162_0020.jpg

1162_0021.jpg

1162_0022.jpg

1162_0023.jpg

1162_0024.jpg

1162_0025.jpg

1162_0026.jpg

1162_0027.jpg

1162_0028.jpg

1162_0029.jpg

1162_0030.jpg

1162_0031.jpg

RBH

With each new screenshot/video, I'm warming up more and more to this game.

Mind if I post these screens in the Banjo Kazooie hype thread, Blim?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Id like to be objective here on something and ask a legit question.

#1. I just went out last night and bought a 360 Local EB had them already on sale 299.99 and I got a few games tossed in. I had 210 credit so I was like with ok ill jump in..

So I picked up Halo 3, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, and Project Gotham Racing.

I also happen to own a PS3 and Ratchet and Clank and comparing this with Ratchet and Clank im kinda disappointed in Banjo's Graphical Prowess I will get it as I love the series. but Im wondering if this is indicative of the graphical limitations of the 360?

I know it's one game but Rare always had great looking games this looks no better than kameo which was a launch title.

Also any sleeper 360 hits I should get?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
watkinzez said:
Bottles' glasses don't make sense!
a moles eyes are basically unused.

the glasses suggest that the magnification is extremely high where it magnifies eyes. which is seen in real life.

RBH

Dorfdad said:

#1. I just went out last night and bought a 360 Local EB had them already on sale 299.99 and I got a few games tossed in. I had 210 credit so I was like with ok ill jump in..

I also happen to own a PS3 and Ratchet and Clank and comparing this with Ratchet and Clank im kinda disappointed in Banjo's Graphical Prowess I will get it as I love the series. but Im wondering if this is indicative of the graphical limitations of the 360?

I know it's one game but Rare always had great looking games this looks no better than kameo which was a launch title.

Crackdown is one of the best "sleeper hits" on the 360. Plus, it's fairly cheap right now.

Nolan.

g35twinturbo said:
looks interesting, same engine as Kameo?

I was thinking that for a second along with ''so Kameo shouldn't be too much work''. Not sure though. Anyway i'm warming to it a lot more than I was originally.

Kildace

Dorfdad said:

Banjo is a big open world, Ratchet is a linear platformer takes place in self contained areas that allow for asset streaming as the player advances in the level. You can't expect ratchet graphics with Banjo scale this gen, sadly.

Nolan.

RBH said:
Crackdown is one of the best "sleeper hits" on the 360. Plus, it's fairly cheap right now.

Might aswell get saints row too if you're getting crackdown (where is the Crackdown sequel ms -_-).

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Looks incredible. You still got it, RARE.
VGChampion said:
So hyped for this game. Don't even care about the vehicles anymore.
Exactly how I feel. When I first saw it I was like WTF WTF WTF?! But now I don't give a shit. It's banjo-fucking-kazooie!

watkinzez

DeathNote said:
a moles eyes are basically unused.

the glasses suggest that the magnification is extremely high where it magnifies eyes. which is seen in real life.

But the magnification stays when he takes the glasses off... I know, it's probably poking fun at how they always used to be.

Anyway, looks like Banjo XBLA is being ported by 4J Studios, who also did the PS3 version of Oblivion. Seems in good enough hands.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kildace said:
Banjo is a big open world, Ratchet is a linear platformer takes place in self contained areas that allow for asset streaming as the player advances in the level. You can't expect ratchet graphics with Banjo scale this gen, sadly.

have you even played ratchet? Are you kidding me?

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
WOW. I love it :D

Salmonax

For some reason most of the screenshots look really cluttered to me, but overall the graphics are looking great. I'm keeping my hopes up for this one, even if it's not so much of a platformer.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
painey said:
why is gruntilda now a robot?
All that was left of her after Banjo Tooie was her head.

nib95

Banned
Some screens look very good, others not so much. Over-all a little underwhelming. I thought RARE would really blow us away on the visual/technical side, but so far they are just shy of that imo. Lots of promise/potential though!

bdouble

TheIroning said:
slightly underwhelming in many respects

expectations high? or don't like the vehicles?

I think it gets the job done. Looks solid and the vehicles are growing on me. Still looks like there is a bit of traditional running around, climbing and jumping in there. I think this will be quite fun. It will be cool to see other people vehicles and how different they all look and play.

Omne

Banned
It looks nice, but I'm still disappointed that it's not going to be more a traditional platformer in the vein of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. :(

I'll buy it, though; I love the Banjo-Kazooie games.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
watkinzez said:
But the magnification stays when he takes the glasses off... I know, it's probably poking fun at how they always used to be.

Anyway, looks like Banjo XBLA is being ported by 4J Studios, who also did the PS3 version of Oblivion. Seems in good enough hands.
the glasses aren't beside him. they aligned with his eyes.

Dorfdad said:

I know what you tried to do, but I'll answer you anyhow.

If you have Halo 3, Mass Effect and PGR (and assuming you've "seen" Gears, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, Call of Duty 4 etc..), why would huge undoctored screenshots of Banjo be indicative of the graphical "limitation" of the 360?
If youre going to troll, at least be logical about it.

Anyone whos seen Banjo in motion can easily see its one of the best and different looking games this gen so far visually. The visual quality it maintains in those enourmous, fully-traversable environments whilst implementing user generated content on the fly is quite a technical feat to say the least.

Zoso

painey said:
yeah but now even her head is robotic, you can see the panels.
hrm yeah i see what you mean. I can't tell if it's actually robotic or it's just gotten old and dirty, but it does look different. They'll probably have a ridiculous explanation for it in the game.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Looks good so far.

I dont mind the new look of the gameplay at all. It looks like it could work really well. The vehicles can jump, fly, attack etc, so its like basically like a platformer in a very mobile vehicle. From the small glimpses we've seen so for, it seems as though there's loads of customization you can do to your vehicles, so this game could turn out to be quite open ended.

Kydd BlaZe

Agent Icebeezy said:
I have, everything is flat. This has texturing that you can see all the way across the level.
Pretty much. I don't get what the big deal is with Ratchet. Game looked like a Pixar movie in the screenshots (bullshots?) but when I finally get around to actually playing it, it looked like nothing of the sort. It looks pretty, sure, but it's not the jaw dropping visual tour de force most make it out to be. Game got pretty boring as well. I never got around to finishing it.

Banjo looks amazing, though. The scale of some of these worlds is pretty impressive, and the building mechanic looks like a lot of fun.

Always-honest said:
just like ugly ass Kameo..

wat

Dorfdad

Gold Member
abacab driver said:
I know what you tried to do, but I'll answer you anyhow.

If you have Halo 3, Mass Effect and PGR (and assuming you've "seen" Gears, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, Call of Duty 4 etc..), why would huge undoctored screenshots of Banjo be indicative of the graphical "limitation" of the 360?
If youre going to troll, at least be logical about it.

Anyone whos seen Banjo in motion can easily see its one of the best and different looking games this gen so far visually. The visual quality it maintains in those enourmous, fully-traversable environments whilst implementing user generated content on the fly is quite a technical feat to say the least.

No honestly not Trolling Like I said I jsut got the 360 last night. I have played some of those games and I know that it can / does look better depending on the game. I was comparing THIS game and RARE history to Ratchet's Graphics..

Im sure they game will be aces the OLD ones were, but it seems everything I seen in those pictures shows FOG or smears in the distance while everything up close is Sharp.. Is this because of the 360 hardware or because of the developer?

gururoji

...I was hoping to see what the XBLA re-release of the original is going to look like. This is starting to look pretty darn great though.

I think this game looks really amazing and fun, but just to talk about purely graphics for a moment.

I don't think the game looks quite as good in stills as say, Kameo. This game is going to have a LOT more going on, much bigger areas (other than that huge boring hub area in Kameo), lots more physics, and just a lot more of everything. This game uses real time lighting and shadow mapping where Kameo just used lightmapping.

So basically the result will be, in strictly technical terms, Banjo Kazooie will both play better and look better when actually playing. Stills are going to take something of a beating.

Top Bottom