• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New info about "Hearts of Stone" expansion for Witcher 3

Exentryk

Information comes from German magazine called Gamestar. A user on the official forum translated the following:

- quite a few bosses, every last unique and in comparison to the base game quite difficult
- no new region but the map will be extended in the north and north-east of Novigrad. The mood reminds him of Witcher 1
- we will visit the Oxenfurt academy
- Shani romance won't have any effect on Triss/Yen
- Our Witcher 1 choice regarding Triss/Shani won't have any effect

- he talks a bit about the runeword mechanics:
A special merchant builds runewords out of three runes and burns them into our sword or armour. We can level that runeword with (a lot of) gold. The runewords have unique effects, for example burning enemies explode when they die.

- there will be 5 new talents.
- new items including one new set (which enhances signs)
- high level variant of the school of the viper set
- we will have now four slots for potions instead of two (can't change them during combat anymore though)

Overall the Gamestar editor described it as "Enormous, full of variety and superbly written- a superb addon for a small price"

Also, a new title screen for Hearts of Stone?! And behold the glorious #HeartsOfStone theme #soundtrack teaser.

CP1woT8UwAAzIMn.jpg

Nere

More Witcher is always a good thing plus it sounds fucking awesome can't wait already have it preordered.

Max_Po

Banned
Dont want to sound like a troll but they are not improving ps4 version???. ...

They are talking expansions now.....

Sounds all good!

This expansion is recommended for players around level 30, right? Just worried my level 35 post-game Geralt will be too OP but it should be fine if it starts at level 30.

RK9039

I really can't wait for this, the new rune system sounds interesting.

They've always talked about the two expansions.

It's time to come to terms with the fact that the console versions of this game are going to remain as they are.

What makes you say that? They've been rolling out patches and we already know a big patch is coming up with numerous fixes and some additional content (such as more dialog for Triss). And I don't see why a potential Enhanced Edition would be unlikely.

eksy

Banned
No word on the physical release in the U.S. It's supposed to come with the Gwent deck.

U.K. already has them available. WB Games is dropping the ball here.

What makes you say that? They've been rolling out patches and we already know a big patch is coming up with numerous fixes and some additional content (such as more dialog for Triss). And I don't see why a potential Enhanced Edition would be unlikely.

I dunno. It's been four months now, and the game still seems to have technical issues on consoles. I wouldn't expect a 30FPS lock at this point.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

What's wrong with the PS4 version?

Pretty sure they announced the expansions before the game came out. It's no surprise we were getting the expansion around this time.

Can't wait, seems like a ton of content for the price, GOG is selling it for a little over 8 euros if you pre-order and Nuuvem has it for around 5 euros (also GOG version).
So good to have Shani back.
Had no idea that this expansion would increase the size of the map, that's awesome.

I'm having a hard time with this. I want to play but part of me wants to wait until both expansions are out so that I can do both at the same time.

Bear School Gear = Best School Gear.

Grabbing that season pass this weekend.

first set yes, best looking armor in the game. Each upgrade looks significaly worst, and I have to go to cat gear for the end of the game on death march, heavy armor is too much a penalty on stamina regen

JP

The upcoming patch deals with various issues, including performance.
The patch is on the way. Was just looking at the changelog and it looks really impressive – the list of changes is massive. The update will bring a lot of fixes and improvements including PS4 performance (as well as other platforms) plus many more. We ask for a bit more patience.

Zabuza

Banned
The PS4 version has actually gotten worse with every update. It's a mess right now. Playable, but a mess.

will buy this if they can fix their shit.

roytheone

I am right at the final mission in the main game, but I am seriously considering just waiting for these two dlc pack to come out, completing them, and only then do the final mission.

The PS4 version has actually gotten worse with every update. It's a mess right now. Playable, but a mess.

will buy this if they can fix their shit.

Dont worry. They say the next patch will have PS4 performance improvments.

Just forget they have been saying this for 5 patches now and been making it worse each time.

Sifl

Yea that's probably the strangest part about the PS4 version. I haven't played in a while, but during release there were performance issues in areas like the swamp and Novigrad, and as the released more updates it just got worse. The last time I played the pop in and incorrectly loaded textures in Novigrad were terrible.

Ludens

Banned
I bought the expansion pass today, this is my GOTY and it will become much, much better soon.
Just a question: I have a save right after the ending, can I load that and play the exp?

Varth

PS4 version seems to get worse with every neogaf thread on the game. By the time second expansion comes out it's gonna be back in pre-alpha.

Back IT: are the phisical gwent decks different from those in the XBO special edition of the game? Multiple cards available to customize strategy? And why the hell don't they sell those in their own store and call it a day, ffs?

Jonm1010

Banned
MGS side tracked me from finishing Witcher 3. Now my hype is threatening to side track me from finishing MGS to finish this in time to play the expansion...woe is me.

Top Bottom