• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New info about The Witcher 3 (Polygamia.pl)

Perkel

Banned
It's from polygamia.pl (it's in polish)

Most of the things are pretty standard stuff but:

The Witcher 3 will have about 80 montsters

One typical quest in The Witcher 3:

Geralt goes to village where people are trying to solve murder case. It looks like a demon work. There are two factions that want to do something completely opposite. One faction "young villagers" under Sven want to kill demon other one "elders" want to calm evil.

Geralt agrees to help young faction and kill demon (yeeey money !).

He searches for demon with his skills. He finds it and realizes that demon made a mark on one villager. That villager is Svens girlfriend and even if he will kill that demon it will resurrect itself as long as that person has that mark.

He does his job, takes head of monster and he goes back to village.

When he is back he realizes that Young faction killed all elders because they didn't support their choise and they took power in village.

Geralt is angry about that but he takes his money for work and he goes to another village without informing them about that mark. He knows, those murderers will be killed in 3 months when demon will resurrect itself.

Sory for shitty eng.

80 monsters is a lot imo.

And for people wondering if it is a lot or not. TW2 had like 15-20 monsters

Also monsters will have this fur tech (not confirmed for consoles or AMD GPUS, phyh x tech)

ibsjECZcZZqVuE.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't help but feel that 80 is a little on the low side since CDPR has made a big deal about how large the world is.

Edit: To clarity, I doubt I'll feel this way when I'm actually playing the game; it's just how the two compare that makes the number seem small.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Well if it's 80 significantly different monsters, then that really is a large number of enemies.

Also that quest sounds cool but not unlike most western RPG quests these days.

Majmun

Blue orc, purple orc, yellow orc, white orc, black orc....

Long story short: I'm afraid we're going to see many palette swaps.

JaseC

Blue orc, purple orc, yellow orc, white orc, black orc....

Long story short: I'm afraid we're going to see many palette swaps.

No doubt there will be some, but I trust CDPR to offer up enough unique enemies for a wide variety of enemy encounters. Bonus points if the number is referring to unique monsters.

Vasili2K38

Obviously the 80 types of monsters will have some palette swap, but anyway its a big amount. And the quest is typical Witcher quest.. bitter to the end. Which I love ;b

boskee

I wonder if that number includes wolves and such, because:

Wystarczy użyć specjalnego wiedźmińskiego zmysłu - przypominającego tryb detektywa z gier o Batmanie - by na ziemi pojawiły się ślady, pozwalające wytropić i upolować potwora - jednego z około 80, których zabijanie będzie opcjonalnymi zadaniami pobocznymi.

It says right here that you can track and hunt down each of the 80 monsters in seperate side quests. That sounds like boss-type of monsters to me, so I can't imagine wolves being amongst them.

I wonder if that number includes wolves and such, because:

It says right here that you can track and hunt down each of the 80 monsters in seperate side quests. That sounds like boss-type of monsters to me, so I can't imagine wolves being amongst them.

Oh Boom, so it is 80 side-quest monsters? That''s great. Although, to be fair, The Witcher is so low fantasy at times that a zombie could be enough to write a great side-quest around it.

2San

This isn't really anything new. Everything Geralt does backfires in someway even in previous games. :p

Ultimadrago

This remains the only next-gen game I care about by a long shot, but I am soooo (maybe irrationally) nervous that it will be disappointing.

Well, that'd make sense as you'd have the most to lose from disappointment in that perspective.

It looks great thus far; you shouldn't bite too many nails yet.

boskee

Another nice feature that I don't think was mentioned anywhere before is that Geralt will now be able to swim. Sadly he won't be able to go under water "unless they finish other features quick enough to add such feature".

Source

FACE

Banned
http://www.gameshampoo.com/magazine...w-open-world-new-combat-sailing-and-more.html

A new economy system will make manipulating the in-game stores and merchants into a game in itself. Prices will fluctuate depending on Geralt's location. Buying fish, for example, is cheaper near the sea than it is inland. Geralt can use this to his advantage to make more gold by, say, purchasing fish at sea and then riding inland to sell them at higher prices.

I'm going to spend more time selling stuff than killing stuff.

JaseC

Another nice feature that I don't think was mentioned anywhere before is that Geralt will now be able to swim. Sadly he won't be able to go under water "unless they finish other features quick enough to add such feature".

Source

CDPR can save swimming for the Enhanced Edition. ;)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The only worry I have for The Witcher 3 is the insane promises CDPR are putting on the table. The scope of this project is all kinds of stupid huge.

JaseC

The only worry I have for The Witcher 3 is the insane promises CDPR are putting on the table. The scope of this project is all kinds of stupid huge.

CDPR flying an employee to a remote cliffside just to wax lyrical about how grand and great the game is going to be fills me with confidence. :p

FeiRR

Banned
There's also a paragraph depicting such situation, as presented at E3:

You're freeroaming and, suddenly, you encounter a group of bandits trying to get inside a peasant's hut. You kill them with no problem because you're a witcher mutant. It turns out they were trying to robber the peasants. However, the bandits' boss will now try to hunt you down because you slaughtered his men like pigs. Everything has consequences.

Sounds very promising.

There's also a paragraph depicting such situation, as presented at E3:

You're freeroaming and, suddenly, you encounter a group of bandits trying to get inside a peasant's hut. You kill them with no problem because you're a witcher mutant. It turns out they were trying to robber the peasants. However, the bandits' boss will now try to hunt you down because you slaughtered his men like pigs. Everything has consequences.

Sounds very promising.

Stuff like that was already present in The Witcher 2 and isn't excessively ambitious (there are consequences to minor side quests and actions yeah, but they can easily governed by under the hood systems and they're minor) so I don't have any problem seeing them pull it off.

I *am* worried about how they'll pull off content density, combat, handle fast travel, etc. but I still want to give CDPR a chance, they're at least looking at the right games to take inspiration from this time around (the Gothic mention in their early interviews was a huge plus).

Sentenza

Source
They already stated it when the game was announced. it's not exactly new, it was just vastly ignored.

Personally, what I like the most is that they also stated now Geralt will be able to jump/climb freely everywhere makes sense, à la Gothic/Risen/GTA, which -if they are creative enough making use of it- potentially makes scenery interaction/traverse exponentially more interesting.

Alpende

I hate that wolf gif. Wolves last gen did not look that ugly and flat.

Skyrim Wolves

Agreed, that's an exaggeration if I ever saw one.

But I am looking forward to the game. 80 different monsters is a lot if they're all truly unique.

So glorious next-gen wolf pantene mane is PHYSX only I take it?

Obviously PC Radeons are out, but are console (with their amd gfx) also out or are they doing any coding magic to let it run on a cpu core or something?

Now that I think about it, amd has their own tressfx hair tech, I wonder if any future game would support both, nvidia hair on nvidia and tressfx on amd.

Probably not though, exclusive deals and all.

Bah, I might just play this on my brother's pc he has a nvidia card.

FACE

Banned
Keza McDonald from IGN said the game doesn't have quest markers right now, hopefully CDPR will keep it that way.

Perkel

Banned
Keza McDonald from IGN said the game doesn't have quest markers right now, hopefully CDPR will keep it that way.

Also Evilore said that instant fast travel is only used to cities villages. You can fast travel from cave to village/city but you can't fast travel back to cave.

FACE

Banned
Also Evilore said that instant fast travel is only used to cities villages. You can fast travel from cave to village/city but you can't fast travel back to cave.

Sounds good.

If you don't mind, can I get a link to EL's impressions?

Top Bottom