• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

3360959773_5d74c382d3_o.png

3360964991_05447c09c4_o.png

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
shykyoichi said:
Oh? It has changed? It isn't Gyakuten Kenji anymore? If so, sorry for the wrong info.
Gyakuten Kenji means Turnabout Prosecutor, if I'm not mistaken.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
shykyoichi said:
Yup. That's the literal translation. On the other hand, most sites do use Perfect Prosecutor.
It wasn't an official translation given by Capcom. To be honest, though, I expect it to end up being named Perfect Prosecutor... or Pro Prosecutor, to mirror the Ace Attorney name better.

Jocchan said:
It wasn't an official translation given by Capcom. To be honest, though, I expect it to end up being named Perfect Prosecutor... or Pro Prosecutor, to mirror the Ace Attorney name better.

Oh. Didn't know that. Well, I'll start using Turnabout Prosecutor from now on.

Infernal Monkey said:
Arc Rise's box art has been updated.

B001GNBW8Y.01._SX546_SCLZZZZZZZ_V245888101_.jpg
5187XN4iO9L._SS500_.jpg

Heh, much better, I guess MMV realized people didn't like the plain white backgrounds from Rune Factory Frontier and Animal March's box.

I'll get the full size of ARF's box ASAP, but Kizuna #1, seems not that final, specifically the placement of the bottom logos if you get what I mean, and #2, there isn't even a full-size option! :p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Hero of Legend said:

I do not care if my Wii cannot play this game I am importing this baby. I LOVE THE BOXART.

Hero of Legend said:
Surprise!

3378562809_b809633bb0_o.png

And I decided to make a large one of a fan favorite:

3378505823_8e249f16f8_o.png

I bought the wrong region wii???? I wish I could play import games :(

-PXG- said:
Two more Record of Agarest War games? I played the demo from the JP PS Store and liked it quite a bit.

It's the same game (Agarest Senki Zero). One is the regular version and the other is the limited edition.

jeremy1456

Whoa, is Atelier Rorona coming out soon or something?

Seems like just yesterday the game was announced, and now we have a boxart.

jeremy1456 said:
Whoa, is Atelier Rorona coming out soon or something?

Seems like just yesterday the game was announced, and now we have a boxart.

June 25th. A lot of Japanese titles aren't announced until shortly before their release.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ths is probably very old but I lol'd at the "subtle" difference considering both covers are for the Japanese release.

bet0fm.jpg
i76iw9.jpg

Goldrusher

GreenNight said:
I really hope you consider upgrade your internet before coming into a box art thread.
:lol

What's the point of saving a 700x1000 box art as a png ? 3.3MB for a 700x1000 Japanese Mah Jong box ? Come on.
There's absolutely no point. It's way too big for regular browsing and too small to print.

Luckily he only posted five, 16.5 MB for 5 box arts. But if everyone started posting box arts like that, a single page would be ~150MB big. Upgrade my internet connection my ass. Have fun finding a connection in Madison that can fully load such a page within let's say 10 full seconds.

Goldrusher said:
What's the point of saving a 700x1000 box art as a png ? 3.3MB for a 700x1000 Japanese Mah Jong box ? Come on.
There's absolutely no point. It's way too big for regular browsing and too small to print.

Luckily he only posted five, 16.5 MB for 5 box arts. But if everyone started posting box arts like that, a single page would be ~150MB big. Upgrade my internet connection my ass. Have fun finding a connection in Madison that can fully load such a page within let's say 10 full seconds.
He just used bad software. Compressed with IrfanView, the Uroborosomusamaracasamasamassina boxart PNG is just about 1MB, not thrice as big. I'd take a nicely compressed PNG over a JPG image any day, even more so for screenshots.

Top Bottom