• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

Kid Marin

Soul Bubbles:
61cOUQF-0qL._SS500_.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
shykyoichi said:
What's this? Action?
Adventure, but the gameplay changes depending on the character. From wiki:

Miami Law is a point-and-click adventure game where players must gather clues, read text, and become involved in the story in order to solve mysteries and move the plot forward. The game uses a mixture of three-dimensional computer graphics for action sequences and two-dimensional character images for story scenes. Players are given the choice of assuming the role of either Martin Law, whose scenarios largely involve action scenes such as car chases and shoot-outs, or Sara Starling, who primarily uses puzzle-based gameplay such as analyzing clues and compiling evidence. A player is given the opportunity to switch between characters at certain points in the game's story, with the plot being affected by which character is used at different points in the narrative. In addition to normal gameplay elements, Miami Law also includes minigames such as Sudoku and Texas hold 'em that can be accessed after the player has fulfilled certain requirements during the main game.

HUELEN10 said:
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/images/NEWS2/media_sonicchroniclesjpnbox.jpg
Wow, so much better than the USA one! Not that at matters, as the game is a piece of shit. Even so...

I lost track of this. So it's a bad game?
Bioware, say it ain't so. I wouldn't have expected that from a company with their track record.

Aru

_dementia said:
Bioware, say it ain't so. I wouldn't have expected that from a company with their track record.

The thing is Sonic Chronicles doesn't do justice to the Sonic universe.
The battle system is just the absolute opposite of what Sonic is.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
_dementia said:
It's quite shitty. I managed to enjoy it for a while as it does have some nice ideas, but they are overall badly executed (touch screens QTEs for every skill for instance). Very unbalanced battles killed it for me, along with a fuckload of misses, low XP, moves that take next to zero HP for no reason and so on. The audio is terrible and annoying too (in fact, it's the worst I've ever heard in a DS game to date), something that's usually redeeming in Sonic games.

Infernal Monkey said:

There's a pop'n music coming out for the Wii? From a quick google it seems to use the remote/nunchuck and all the pictures I can see only show 5 buttons. Are there any videos of it showing how it works?

Regulus Tera said:
B001HBIPI0.01._SX500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V222479582_.jpg

This most be one of those rare instances in which the North American boxart is better than the Japanese one.

I like it a lot more than the pal/us one. I really love the little scenes taken from the game and they dont distract from the title and Little Mac because of the colour. Seems even a more serious game than our boxart, and I liked our boxart.

Lets see if someone gets it in high resolution, I want to print it and change it.

Some parts of the art look err, shifted (example, Goku's left eye)? Hope that's not the problem of the box itself and perhaps the way Amazon uploaded it? Hope this won't show on the final NA box.

Dambrosi

Banned
Infernal Monkey said:
What the heck is this?! I watched some Youtube videos of it, thinking it might be related to Bahamut Lagoon, one of my favourite SNES games. What I saw was something that looked like a cross between Shadow Of The Colossus and Klonoa with Final Fantasy bosses.

What I want to know is "how come I never heard about this?"

Dascu

Dambrosi said:
What the heck is this?! I watched some Youtube videos of it, thinking it might be related to Bahamut Lagoon, one of my favourite SNES games. What I saw was something that looked like a cross between Shadow Of The Colossus and Klonoa with Final Fantasy bosses.

What I want to know is "how come I never heard about this?"
It's a local multiplayer focused action game where you fight hordes after hordes of enemies and giants on a bunch of floating platforms.

Goidil

Hero of Legend said:

Some parts of the art look err, shifted (example, Goku's left eye)? Hope that's not the problem of the box itself and perhaps the way Amazon uploaded it? Hope this won't show on the final NA box.

Beautiful...
Nice job Bamco!

Top Bottom