• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

Kid Marin

A1JqydN%2BSbL._SL600_.jpg

Dungeon Travelers 2-2 and an updated version of Gal Gun: Double Peace.

Gal Gun: Double Peace Bilingual will include the following new elements:

Japanese and English Support – You can switch between Japanese and English text in the language settings of the options menu.
Newly Added Costumes – Four costumes have been added that can be selected from the beginning of the game: “Sexy Bunny,” “Barely Police,” “Waking Dress Shirts,” and “Cheerleader.”

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/gal-gun-double-peace-bilingual-launches-february-23-japan

Ephidel

Love this.
Yeah that boxart looks really nice. I have the regular edition preordered it but I still need to finish up Heavensward
Aye, it's really striking. Certainly grabbed my attention. It's not a game I've ever played myself though.
What's Island? Looks... different.
I actually looked into it after seeing the box art, so I can answer this!

It's a visual novel that's meant to hit a load of science fiction and mystery notes and I found some good (but spoilery) reviews for it, so I'm actually interested in it now.

The scenario writer is G.O., who was also the scenario writer for Himawari which got an English release last year, and apparently Frontwing already announced Island's impending localisation at Anime Expo (the PC version, obviously, not the Vita one I posted above).

Plotwise, five years ago Things Happened on the Island, and now the Island is cut off from the mainland. An amnesiac has washed up there and announced that he's a time traveler, and he proceeds to meddle and involve himself in all their business (and in the business of the three female leads whose families were affected).
There's also a myth of sorts relating to the island which involves two characters who happen to share the names of the protagonist and one of the female leads.

Now that sounds kind of naff, but again, science fiction, mystery, time travel!
(And romance, and comedy, and tragedy, apparently. It seems to have been pretty well received).

Aye, it's really striking. Certainly grabbed my attention. It's not a game I've ever played myself though.

I actually looked into it after seeing the box art, so I can answer this!

It's a visual novel that's meant to hit a load of science fiction and mystery notes and I found some good (but spoilery) reviews for it, so I'm actually interested in it now.

The scenario writer is G.O., who was also the scenario writer for Himawari which got an English release last year, and apparently Frontwing already announced Island's impending localisation at Anime Expo (the PC version, obviously, not the Vita one I posted above).

Plotwise, five years ago Things Happened on the Island, and now the Island is cut off from the mainland. An amnesiac has washed up there and announced that he's a time traveler, and he proceeds to meddle and involve himself in all their business (and in the business of the three female leads whose families were affected).
There's also a myth of sorts relating to the island which involves two characters who happen to share the names of the protagonist and one of the female leads.

Now that sounds kind of naff, but again, science fiction, mystery, time travel!
(And romance, and comedy, and tragedy, apparently. It seems to have been pretty well received).

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated.

Had no idea Himawari ended up getting an English release. I remember reading up about that game a couple years back and expressing some interest in it on this very site. Guess I'll have to check it out at some point.

Top Bottom