• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

91YSzDzZTgL._SL1500_.jpg
71778BGjYjL._SL1000_.jpg
71cDR5YPLtL._SL1000_.jpg

91gtmSeqTsL._SL1500_.jpg
916NfABnzEL._SL1500_.jpg
711l4lZK%2BiL._SL1000_.jpg

81ovIy8YjyL._SL1500_.jpg
71KguaKwCTL._SL1500_.jpg
71heRJHHW2L._SL1500_.jpg

61r1AAXl%2BVL.jpg
61cdhpyOdzL.jpg

Opa-Pa

Persona 5 had a tiny bit of cleavage covered up on the western covers...

Their reasoning was that the ESRB rating covered too much of Morgana's face, the cleavage covering was just a coincidence. They immediately addressed this on Twitter as soon as the cover became known out of fear of the "anti-censorship" crowd lol.

Not that I think Atlus USA won't change DC's, mind you.

FluxWaveZ

?

Anyways they gotta conform to ESRB

The ESRB won't allow that on covers, no chance in hell.
(Though Silver Case got away with something pretty risque, it's just very, VERY small.)

I dunno, is there a difference between that and the Catherine cover art?

Persona 5 had a tiny bit of cleavage covered up on the western covers...

As said above, that wasn't censorship. That was placement of the ESRB logo hiding Morgana's face, which they then needed to move.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, is there a difference between that and the Catherine cover art?

As said above, that wasn't censorship. That was placement of the ESRB logo hiding Morgana's face, which they then needed to move.

Yeah I had no idea about the Morgana thing. I just remembered about the whole deal that came up.

As for Catherine, technically there is nothing to censor. No viable cleavage is being shown, since Vincent was always placed right in front of it. Not including the Walmart/Target covers, that is.

71WnPW0wJHL._SL1000_.jpg

Gear Club's headed to Japan on December 14th (about a week or so after EU/US) Published by '3goo' who I've never heard of before. Amazon shows this as their only game, so they might be a new publisher?

Top Bottom