• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

51HAdpGOvKL.jpg
51hkP8qMJOL.jpg

61Ye5tSPuHL.jpg
51KYBNJ4%2BHL.jpg

61q9-hMsnnL.jpg
61wAmI4T0EL.jpg

ResidentDante said:
My thoughts too, anybody have a trailer for this one?

This seems to be as close as you can get to a trailer! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ATAe08I_cw Contains important gameplay such as tea being spilt on breasts.

Takao

Banned
Azito 3D's box art interested me, so I looked up the game.

Welp, the box art did its job, too bad the game didn't hold up its end.

cj_iwakura said:
Way better cover for Shadows. Not that it'd ever work here.

dat ass would become dem pants

MedHead

I remember really being frustrated by this type of thread back before my account was approved. Now I finally get to say that some of you are crazy. The Japanese versions of these boxes are often worse than the North American versions. The Child of Eden art, for example, is not better with the girl on the cover: it doesn't explain what it's about. The North American version, on the other hand, shows the style of the game and the way it's played. Personally, in terms of trying to sell someone on the game based solely on the cover of the box, the North American version does a superior job.

pieatorium said:
Not sure if serious.
A joke about a joke, I guess that might be clever. And I guess they decided that they preferred a different random bit of art to use for cover.

This thread also reminds me that I should play Shadows of the Damned. Did the price bottom out on that one yet?

CatPee

MedHead said:
I remember really being frustrated by this type of thread back before my account was approved. Now I finally get to say that some of you are crazy. The Japanese versions of these boxes are often worse than the North American versions. The Child of Eden art, for example, is not better with the girl on the cover: it doesn't explain what it's about. The North American version, on the other hand, shows the style of the game and the way it's played. Personally, in terms of trying to sell someone on the game based solely on the cover of the box, the North American version does a superior job.

AC: Brotherhood, Dark Souls, Shadows of the Damned, Dead Rising 2, and others say hi.

MedHead said:

Well, here's a c-c-c-combo breaker for you: most of people browsing GAF know very well how the game is played, and what a given game is about. As such, they would prefer the cover art to be stylish, not in-your-face-explanation. Fuck, why don't we simply copy-paste ESRB rating description on the cover? Best cover ever?

Your argument gets even worse given that Child of Eden is a niche title - instead of leveraging its uniqueness and niche appeal someone at Ubisoft got delusional in trying to sell it to mass audience.

Also, the US boxart doesn't explain shit. Ok, so the game is bright? All games are. Who is that person? What are you pressing? What is the purpose of the game? US cover doesn't explain anything, and it looks 100x worse than Japanese one.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That Child of Eden X360 box art looks fake. Colors are all weird and it's strangely cropped compared to the other covers

51LSrjxf1aL.jpg
5109BtpAZPL.jpg
519eMSoDZ7L.jpg

Josh7289

Castor Krieg said:
Well, here's a c-c-c-combo breaker for you: most of people browsing GAF know very well how the game is played, and what a given game is about. As such, they would prefer the cover art to be stylish, not in-your-face-explanation. Fuck, why don't we simply copy-paste ESRB rating description on the cover? Best cover ever?

Your argument gets even worse given that Child of Eden is a niche title - instead of leveraging its uniqueness and niche appeal someone at Ubisoft got delusional in trying to sell it to mass audience.

Also, the US boxart doesn't explain shit. Ok, so the game is bright? All games are. Who is that person? What are you pressing? What is the purpose of the game? US cover doesn't explain anything, and it looks 100x worse than Japanese one.
A bit of hyperbole here but basically this.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51fnAEhOZsL.jpg

It's cool guys, she's over 15 feet tall, she must be legal.
Haha it's probably centimeters, so over 150 cm = about 5 ft.

/overanalyzer something something

Why not make a new monthly/whatever thread for new batches of box arts, instead of repeatedly bumping this ancient and long thread? When the thread title reads "NewJapanese boxart", one would assume to see the "new" is in the OP, only to enter and be confused.

secondratesaint said:
If you're talking about Gunstringer, its getting a full retail release in the US. If you're not talking about Gunstringer, then I've gone full retard and ignore this post.

They're talking about the MLB Bobblehead/Power Pro title.

Top Bottom