• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

B000LN55PQ.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V33933179_.jpg

Diario? :lol I love it.

Jiggy

You know, seeing this, I think I'd actually play certain Korean-dramas-turned-video-games if they were point-and-click adventures with branching paths such as, in this case, a way to keep him from
losing his sight
in the end, or figuring out various plot twists before they were figured out in the show. The historical dramas might be more ripe for it than most, I suppose...

Dr. Jade

120_2.jpg

will now always remember to read the posts in boxart threads and not just skim ... saw this and almost fell out of my chair

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Wow...so many games that will never see a US release...ever. :(

And wait is that a fighting game from Capcom? I'm lost.

B000MQ9558.09._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V46007033_.jpg

3D fighter based on a recent manga/anime. There's also a 2D version for the DS if I remember correctly.

Neo Child said:
That game looks fun, the one with "Rena", what is it? Based off anime/manga? Whats the name?
It's not based off an anime/manga but there is an anime based on the PC version of the game, it's name is Higurashi no Naku Koro(When Cicadas Cry) ni and it's anime is one of the best of the Horror genre that exist.

Durante

If I understood correctly (and I don't have first-hand information) it's a PS2 remake of the original doujin PC game "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" with additional chapters. Wikipedia has more information and calls it a "Japanese murder mystery dojin soft visual novel series" (whoa convoluted).

There has also been an anime based on the game, which contained the first 6 chapters. A second season is scheduled for this year. The anime has been fansubbed by WinD. (batch torrent available at their site)

If you couldn't tell by now, yes, I really liked the anime :D

[edit]
Deathkiller was faster, I should stop writing such convoluted replies. Also, thanks for the explanation icecream, I suspected as much but it's good to have confirmation.

B000N93R6C.09._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V44576997_.jpg

is this "little bear" very popular in Japan?

cause it has high preorders on amazon.jp chart and i wonder why... the game seems like just a bear version of Nintendogs

Defuser

Moor-Angol said:

cause it has high preorders on amazon.jp chart and i wonder why... the game seems like just a bear version of Nintendogs
It depends what target audience this game is aiming for.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Dr. Jade said:
120_2.jpg

will now always remember to read the posts in boxart threads and not just skim ... saw this and almost fell out of my chair

:lol

Man that boxart is absolutely perfect

Ichirou

Banned
Moor-Angol said:

Yeah, Rilakkuma (relaxed bear, or relaxing bear, because he's very sleepy/lazy apparently) is extremely popular in Japan with boys and girls, and is the subject of several children's books. There are tons of products that have the little guy's face plastered on 'em. Not surprised there's a ton of preorders for this particular game.

Kilrogg said:
Awful, awful boxart.

Near-loli FTL :(.

They're supposed to be rivals or something but they're holding hands like some kind of dating game.

I'll be buying it I'm sure though. Good thing I skipped Slash. :/

Danj

icecream said:

It would be so awesome if these got picked up and localized for the US. Such a shame that it will never ever happen, I shall have to content myself with the upcoming fantranslated PC version of Fate/Stay Night.

Top Bottom