• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Jump Ultimate Stars scans

Luckett_X

Banned
Oh shits, playable Franky?! Suuuuuuuppppperrrrrrr~!

I see Naruto and co have shown up in time-skip form, so theres that cleared up. I like how Sasuke's catchphrase is "......" hahaha. god the series sucks balls now.

I just wish this game wasn't light and fluffy on decent gameplay, and came with a full english mode so I wouldnt have to play it chained to GameFAQ's.

Wait hang on, what the **** is that.... is that a MOOMIN that guy is riding?!

Moor-Angol said:
November 23rd release in Japan?

Ouch... another million seller is coming for DS :D

First one didnt sell a million. This one wont either.

edit: I see a screen with 8 total players. This game is probably worse than 4p smash i.e. too chaotic.

scarybore

neo2046 said:
yes! Luffy Gear 2 :D

Kick ass, I also see older versions of Gaara, Naruto and Sakura in sprite form and I guess Sasuke will also make a appearence in game. Now if only they would get
Deidara
in it I would be a happy man indeed.

Jeff-DSA

Probationsmack said:

edit: I see a screen with 8 total players. This game is probably worse than 4p smash i.e. too chaotic.

There isn't anything wrong with 4-player Smash. Don't be silly.

Ryuukan

Probationsmack said:

The players are marked with "1P" "2P" etc...The extra characters are support characters you can call out. Continue hating on a game you know nothing about though.

Luckett_X

Banned
could someone explain the Moomin-esque creature to us less informed? The idea of facing off against Bankai HollowMask Ichigo, Kyuubi 4-Tail Naruto and Gear 2nd Luffy as Moomin Papa would be an ASSURED INSTANT PURCHASE from me.

Ryuukan

The "moomin" is Sibuxiang from Senkaiden Houshin Engi, or Soul Hunter in the US. Its the servant and mount of the main character, Taikoubou, pictured with him.

Ryuukan said:
The players are marked with "1P" "2P" etc...The extra characters are support characters you can call out. Continue hating on a game you know nothing about though.

Maybe someone should localize it then.

Jeff-DSA said:
There isn't anything wrong with 4-player Smash. Don't be silly.
I prefer 3 player smash. I cant form any good strategies or mind games with a four player free for all. 2 player teams are all good.

The single player and the character selection of the first sucks. Hope this fix that, then would be awesome. I liked the first 'cause of the gameplay.

As someone whose one piece exposure is limited to the manga editions released in america and that thing 4kids distributes, Im not too far into the story. What is a 2nd gear luffy?

WalkMan

Banned
Probationsmack said:
As someone whose one piece exposure is limited to the manga editions released in america and that thing 4kids distributes, Im not too far into the story. What is a 2nd gear luffy?
You don't want to know
yet

Really excited for this game! I loved the first one although the combat was a bit bland I still had a lot of fun making the Koma-sheets. They should work on the fighting environments though....

jarrod

Banned
Probationsmack said:
No, but it sold a good 550-600k. Not bad really, especially for an anime fighter... I bet the sequel sells better actually (more mature marketplace+extra features/WFC).

Ryuukan said:
Yes, it is.

Right now I'm assuming its some kind of super sayain thing involving the devil fruit.
Cmon guys spoil it for me! America manga editions is only up to a little after the defeat of arlong and the monthly shonen jump edition is only up to the barogue works introduction. Its going to be forever before I find out.
:[

Meier

jarrod said:
No, but it sold a good 550-600k. Not bad really, especially for an anime fighter... I bet the sequel sells better actually (more mature marketplace+extra features/WFC).

Yeah, the DS wasnt quite the cultural phenomenon that is now. I fully expect this will do over a million, or at least come very close. Should outsell the first title at the very least.

Zalasta

Hmmm...maybe it's time to get back to One Piece, I stopped following it after the endless amount of fillers since Crocdile was defeated, this 2nd gear Luffy sounds intriguing.

Kreed

Nice to see Naruto and Luffy got updated (new moves/characters). Hopefully Bleach and others will get the same treatment.

Probationsmack said:
Right now I'm assuming its some kind of super sayain thing involving the devil fruit.
Cmon guys spoil it for me! America manga editions is only up to a little after the defeat of arlong and the monthly shonen jump edition is only up to the barogue works introduction. Its going to be forever before I find out.
:[

2nd Gear is Luffy's powered up mode that makes him faster and stronger by pumping air into his legs, increasing his blood pressure (because his body is rubber he can do this without destroying his organs). The longer he uses it, the more exhausted he becomes after it wears off. He also as a 3rd Gear mode where he puts his thumb in his mouth and pumps air into a part of his body, increasing it's size tremendously and giving him significantly increased strength (but also making him very slow). After 3rd Gear wears off he becomes chibi (a midget) temporarily.

Luckett_X

Banned
Chris Michael said:
Please tell me that's not Sasuke...

What, his transvestite Curse Seal transformation didnt clue you into where Sasuke's character was headed? I'm half expecting the transference ceremony in which Oro finally nicks Sasuke's body just involves them making out for half an hour, with Naruto interrupting it crying "B-But.... I WAS YOUR FIRST!"

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
OMG OMG OMG!!!

First of all, to the doubters, I'm glad they finally showed PTJ Naruto characters (Naruto, Sakura, Gaara (but he doesn't look playable, no sign under him), and a possible Sasuke) - like I said, there's NO way that they'd make a Jump game without Naruto & crew...

Secondly, Gear 2 Luffy??? Franky??? PLAYABLE??? I was thinking AT MOST we'd get Franky as a help koma, but damn, playable? Oh my goodness! This game is more up to date and complete than I thought!!!

And finally, if you look on the black and white scan, Train is finally playable as well from Black Cat - nice!

Man, so many characters, and we know that there are more to be shown, plus more forms (Naruto and Luffy for sure) to be shown also, PLUS it's gonna be online - November 23rd is gonna be an early Christmas!!! :D

Dr.Hadji

Good thing I found a new manga source. By the time this game comes out I"ll have read at least 2 complete shounens. And you more you know.........

Awesome scans and nice to spoil myself on Naruto a bit (even though i gathered that Sasuke was gonna get raped by Orochimaru, nice to see what he looks like now)

But importantly for me, where are the Hunter x Hunter characters?! Give me a playable Killua/Kurapica dammit!!

O M G

Nintendo DS-Game of the YEAR!
XDDDDDDXDDDDXDDDDDDD

MEGATON!

Omg, Naruto-time skip-characters!
Damn you, filler-episodes, i finally got back the spirit of my hobby! :D

Naruto-time skip-characters alone = instant NDS-goty!

i hope its more import friendly i could not play the game because i didnt know any japanese and well the card ssytem was useless to me because of it.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
MasterMFauli said:
O M G

Nintendo DS-Game of the YEAR!
XDDDDDDXDDDDXDDDDDDD

MEGATON!

Omg, Naruto-time skip-characters!
Damn you, filler-episodes, i finally got back the spirit of my hobby! :D

Naruto-time skip-characters alone = instant NDS-goty!
Wait, are you telling me the anime is STILL in fillers? I remember stopping watching the show after the first filler episode..
I think that was over a year ago! what the hell?

And.. If this game will be import friendly enough I guess I'll buy it.. no release date yet?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
KimiSan said:
Wait, are you telling me the anime is STILL in fillers? I remember stopping watching the show after the first filler episode..

And.. If this game will be import friendly enough I guess I'll buy it.. no release date yet?
If im not wrong, the fillers will end next week
Aurora said:
You guys appear to have seen Sasuke on the scans. Either I'm blind or we're looking at different scans.
3 years skip, he's 15 yrs now

ps: he's auditionning to have the main role in FFXIV

Aurora

VicAlpha said:

3 years skip, he's 15 yrs now

ps: he's auditionning to have the main role in FFXIV
Huh? Where is Sasuke on the scans?

scarybore

Aurora said:
You guys appear to have seen Sasuke on the scans. Either I'm blind or we're looking at different scans.

You're blind, he is the bottom right metrosexual beside Franky.

You're wrong, todays episode was 199 and we have episode titles up to 202 with no signs that the filler is ending yet (though 202 could be a clip show from the title). I'm hoping it is just around the corner however.

Back on topic, this is a instant buy for me.

Kreed

Aurora said:

First scan, the bottom right. Has his hand on his hip and has a look on his face that says "I wear running shorts".

KimiSan said:

Ever since episode 135 aired back in May of last year Naruto has been nothing but filler.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Aurora said:
Huh? Where is Sasuke on the scans?
christ

clipboard01kr5.jpg

The FF hint should have been enough, really

Top Bottom