• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kanye West Track Ft. Travis Scott

DonJorginho DonJorginho GET ITT!!!
Tc2dX.gif
10/10 Ye song!

Khayam Kasomwoshi (YouTube Post):
The old guy in the beginning of the vid represents his version of “Black Jesus.” As he went through clips after that he displayed Black woman’s sexual depictions with 2 woman dancing provocative. He displayed sickness through the people breathing (Rona). He shown Black on Black Violence through two Black men fighting. His first clip was with officers (Police Brutality). He displayed images of the culture while repeating “wash us in the blood.” Then saying repeatedly “they see us as thugs.” The clip with the lady preaching beside the Musician display one preaching gospel and the other preaching sin. The sea of chains represents mental slavery. Many will see a flowing sea, but don’t notice until later it’s chains. At the end everybody was cheering the culture with the vehicles until they ended up being hit by one of the cars. It lost control.

Can someone explain what this means to an old white guy. I see some twerking and a drone and a car hitting folks on the street. Also I've never heard Kanye say anything coherent cept 'imma let you finish'.

I genuinely keep trying to come back to Kanye and it's just not for me either. I don't think I'm batshit crazy enough to absorb his material. It must be difficult to output videos during this time, very hard to collaborate or film setups etc.

Grinchy

Banned
Can someone explain what this means to an old white guy. I see some twerking and a drone and a car hitting folks on the street. Also I've never heard Kanye say anything coherent cept 'imma let you finish'.
It's not just you. It all just sounds like a bunch of incompatible noises smashed together. But hey, more power to anyone who does like how it sounds.

Alfen Dave

i dont get it either and im a black millenial.
its too <<woke>> for us.

DonJorginho

Banned
They tryna sign a calm Ye
That's right, I call 'em Calm-Ye
But don't take me the wrong way
But don't take me the wrong way
'Cause God took me a long way
They wanna edit the interviews
They wanna take it to interludes
Cut a whole sentence to interlude
You know that it's fake if it's in the news

So I let it fly when I'm in the booth
The devil a liar and I been the truth
Livin' 'cause nobody livin'

And nobody gettin' it, doin' it different!

VN1X

Banned
Bit of a weak track imo albeit with a good message.

Kanye's lyric game is really shit ever since he reinvented himself.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned

she got a light skinned friend
look like Michael Jackson
got a dark skinned friend
look like Michael Jackson

Always cracks me up lol.

The Guardian writes:
No one wants him to suffer another debilitating mental health episode, and his inability to calm his feelings and clearly articulate them has led to damaging overstatements in recent years, like saying slavery was a choice. As shown by his recent defence of voting for Donald Trump – essentially, because he can – he values freedom for freedom’s sake, and that do-anything impulse has led to some unfocused, middling material recently.

Wash Us in the Blood, though, has Kanye channelling his emancipated mind towards the sharpest point. He is at his most powerful when he doesn’t try to be calm, but corrals his anger. There’s a wider lesson there, perhaps, as the US faces its own moment of revelation.
So when Kanye exercises his freedom to vote for Trump his material becomes "middling."
But when Kanye raps about racism, death penalty, and black people his mind is "sharp."
🧠

Last edited:

oagboghi2

The Guardian writes:

So when Kanye exercises his freedom to vote for Trump his material becomes "middling."
But when Kanye raps about racism, death penalty, and black people his mind is "sharp."
🧠
It's so predictable. In their opinion. Criticizing the left is literally proof of insanity.

However now that he is back to saying things liberal to hear, I guess that whole mental illness thing is fixed

God, I hate the media

Top Bottom