• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Katy Perry single SWISH SWISH featuring legend Nicki Minaj. A slay!

IkLRftY.gif

Have you heard Joanne?

Gaga already moved on from that tragic mess of an album and tried releasing The Cure (for charts) which subsequently flopped.
Joanne has Come to Mama which is a jam tho

Kinda wish something more interesting came out of this partnership - then again they've never been particularly interesting on their own either. :/

big_z

1 for 3

The last two singles have been trash. Time to can this album and get working on a new one before fading into obscurity.

btw what song is being sampled in this trash? I recognize the best but can't remember.

"Legend Nicki Minaj". Ok then. Nicki raps as well as Vincent D'Onofrio speaks in Men In Black.

Oh and the song is awful. I don't know where it came from but it should've stayed there.

cameron

Caca.

1 for 3

The last two singles have been trash. Time to can this album and get working on a new one before fading into obscurity.

btw what song is being sampled in this trash? I recognize the best but can't remember.

Starts with Star 69 by Fatboy Slim, then a Lyn Collins / James Brown's "Woo!", then what sounds like What They Say by Maya Jane Coles (apparently sampled before in Truffle Butter). Stopped listening after "An old coupon expired.".

I um.

I like the beat, tbqh. And I liked how Katy's voice sounded on the beat. Lyrics and feature? I'll pass on those. Beat was pleasant enough tho.

Not her doing a diss track when she's flopping. That's always the worst look.

Third single in a row with a rap feature, the desperation is real.

d474d7b7e24583c5b7517daa22f0f936.gif

Taker666

Given the state of this and her last song...Katy Perry picked the right time to join American Idol. She clearly needed a back-up plan.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Did Nikki say "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest bitch of them all?" in regard to Taylor?

If so, mah gawd.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

daffy

Banned
wow another actively offensive, trash pop song and another random GAF OP saying it slays

Its like crop circles at this point. so much good indie pop out there and we're constantly subjected to this tomfoolery

wow another actively offensive, trash pop song and another random GAF OP saying it slays

Its like crop circles at this point. so much good indie pop out there and we're constantly subjected to this tomfoolery

The views and opinions expressed in the OP are solely those of the OP. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of NeoGAF, PopGAF, and/or any/all contributors to those communities.

ZeoVGM

Banned

lol good lord.

manakel

Nicki's verse is great tbqh. Katy is trash but I automatically love it if it's about 🐍🐍🐍

Galang

Banned
Better than chained to the rhythm, but that's not saying much. There's some nice parts in this, but it feels like five songs in one. It's very messily structured and the melodies kinda clash with each other

Briarios

I don't really like it ... but, if you look at the proportion of likes to dislikes on the video, it's pretty clear there is a market for it.

PixelatedBookake

Can Nicki stop talking about her "beef" with Remy. No one cares anymore and the only thing she's doing by mentioning it is reminding us all it happened in the first place. That being said, her verse was OK, but she needs better material. The rest of the song was just diapers

Top Bottom