• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new KH BbS/Coded/358 screens from JF 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul

released by FAMITSU

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1212801_1407.html
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1212804_1407.html
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1212800_1407.html

071228khbbs05.jpg

Gilgamesh

Apparently I don't have permission to access /game/coming/1212801_1407.html on this server.

Edit: Thanks SolidSnakex.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS

KINGDOM HEARTS: CHAINS OF OLYMPUS

It's a little unsettling that Nomura's character design really has gotten to the point where it's a parody of Nomura's character design. God knows I'll be there day one on the spin-off that finally includes Prydain, though.

while the psp one looks amazing, part of me is sad that there will be a lot of ghosting going on.

I hope someone finds a way to do full scene PSP on HDTVs or something.

DS one also looks pretty great.

Yoboman

D2M15 said:
KINGDOM HEARTS: CHAINS OF OLYMPUS

It's a little unsettling that Nomura's character design really has gotten to the point where it's a parody of Nomura's character design. God knows I'll be there day one on the spin-off that finally includes Prydain, though.
Everything Nomura does now looks the same. It's about time somebody relieved him of his character design roles because his work is stale now. Needs a new, fresh and creative look for Square games

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Every time I see more and more of Birth by Sleep I get ever so closer to my wallet to get a new PSP damn them to hell oh and them Dissidia pics look awesome SQUALL!

The DS one is pretty good looking, too.

Edit : Also, keep in mind that the PSP one will be more along the line of Chains of Memory, as you won't directly hit the X button to attack.

Lucavious

Hot damn that's a good looking game. I get this feeling it's not going to play so well but if they can get it up to at least Kingdom Hearts level of playability I'll be a happy camper.

Yoboman

Littleberu said:
The DS one is pretty good looking, too.

Edit : Also, keep in mind that the PSP one will be more along the line of Chains of Memory, as you won't directly hit the X button to attack.
Says who?

Yoboman said:
Everything Nomura does now looks the same. It's about time somebody relieved him of his character design roles because his work is stale now. Needs a new, fresh and creative look for Square games

I find his designs are fine...even if some of his designs are similar looking to a degree, they still are recognisably his own...compare that to many other jrpgs...

God Damn those are some pretty looking PSP games. The DS one looks...not good. They should have made it 2D like Wonderful World.

Mash

7wjjx39.jpg

This bitch scared the crap out of me as a kid, here's hoping this game allows me to execute some demons.

Yoboman said:
Says who?

Nomura.
Nomura says that of the three newly announced titles, the PSP game is the closest to previous titles in the series and will offer the feeling of action for which the series is known. However, in a separate interview, he also noted that the game will actually be close to the Re: Chain of Memories battle system, with your commands appearing in the form of a deck.
http://psp.ign.com/articles/823/823015p1.html

Avrum

neojubei said:
And people ask me why I bought a psp. Because of games like this. :D

I remember when people used to say that in regards to GT4: Mobile. :p

I kid, I kid...this one actually seems like it won't be vaporware.

duckroll said:
He's talking about the special skills and commands. You have a "deck" of skills, but they won't always be available in order or way you might want them. The default attack is still keyed to O as you can see in all the new screenshots. Triangle is used for the skill deck above the normal attack menu.

Ah ok, I see.

Sorry for the mistake. :)

duckroll

animato said:
Is that a LEVIATHAN summon on the second screenshot of Dissidia?

Looks like it. From the way Dissidia has been described in terms of gameplay in the latest Famitsu, it seems that there will be a ton more homages than just the characters. While there is only one hero and villain representing each installment of FF, the various specials and morphs in the skill sets will probably feature a ton of other cameos. I remember seeing Zidane invoke Salamander (the character) in the original trailer, and I don't doubt for a moment that all summons they can fit on the UMD will be in the game.

Edit: Yeah KH DS looks pretty good too. Have we gotten any feedback from gaffers that actually played it at Jump Festa? How was the animation/motion and framerate?

soul

Loudninja said:
By the way. who is the main character of Dissidia?

It's a fighting game, not one with a storyline. You pick a character and go all the way, MK style. At least that's what I think.

duckroll

Loudninja said:
By the way. who is the main character of Dissidia?

There's no real main character. It's about the dawn of the 13th creation, and Chaos and Cosmos feuding over the balance of the world. So Chaos summons a villain from each of the previous creations (FF games) to represent him as champions, and Cosmos summons one hero each. It's...... fanfiction Nomura junk as far as the story goes. :lol

soul said:
It's a fighting game, not one with a storyline. You pick a character and go all the way, MK style. At least that's what I think.

Maybe not. They haven't really revealed how the story mode will go. It seems to have silly RPG elements like exp and leveling up, and the cutscenes feature different characters and villains interacting. I'm sure Nomura will come up with something really silly to entice everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom