• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kinect Star Wars footage - Oh boy...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Remember when most console Star Wars games were actually good? Those were the days. This is the jankiest game I've ever seen.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Remember when most console Star Wars games were actually good? Those were the days. This is the jankiest game I've ever seen.

Yeah, Jedi Outcast was an awesome game.

Edit: Oh, you said console. Yeah, the Rogue Squadron games were awesome games.

Oh boy.
What did the delay change I wonder?

Oh wow. The podracing, the over acting, all melding together in a pile of .. something that looks absolutely terrible.

uneilath

Banned
Even after the Disney world game bombing MS still thinks this will be big hehe? The few people that buy Kinect to play games clearly does not buy new games.

GCX

Hey what was your favorite scene in Episode 1.. which BY THE WAY is coming soon to theaters in 3D!

Dabanton

Looks appalling.

If Rise of Nightmares can make moving around a 3D environment fun why does this game look so 'stiff'.

Derrick01

Banned
Besides looking like it's not well done at all, it looks like the definition of gimmicky and unnecessary.

"I can force push like this!" Yeah and in force unleashed I did that by hitting B, plus I could move my guy around.

Ushojax

Man, I remember the PC Star Wars games.

*sniff*

What gets me is that there are just so few Star Wars games full stop. It's not as if they've kept releasing loads of titles but just dialed the quality down, they release almost nothing and what they do release is shit (ToR excepted). It's a license to print money, I just don't get why they've dried up. Surely a real KOTOR3, Rogue Squadron 4 or Republic Commando 2 would sell?

Samus4145

Wow. I apologize for ever wanted a Star Wars motion control game. It just does not work.

Please create a new Jedi Knight III with no motion and lets call it a day.

Yeah, Jedi Outcast was an awesome game.

Edit: Oh, you said console. Yeah, the Rogue Squadron games were awesome games.

Outcast and Academy were on consoles too.

They used to be brilliant, so much variety:

Racing - Pod Racer
Multiplayer hack n' slash - Jedi Power Battles
Flight - X Wing / Tie Fighter, Rogue Squadron, Battle for Naboo
Fighting - Masters of the Teräs Käsi
RPG - KOTOR
Third person shooter - Battlefront
FPS - Jedi Knight series, Republic Commando (sort-of squad FPS)
Randomly Generated Windows 95 game - Yoda Stories

Those were the days man. The Force Unleashed is horse shit compared to a tonne of those games, and I do like TFU1&2. But they're overblown bombast... a load of exaggerated on-screen ragdoll physics and procedural action designed to 'wow' -- which instead just distorts the accepted power heirarchy of Jedi and Sith in the SW universe. Fun, but unfulfilling. The journey of transforming Kyle Katarn from an everyman to Jedi on either the light or dark side of the force was WAY more fulfilling than becoming a super-powerful brooding-with-generic-rage Starkiller :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What gets me is that there are just so few Star Wars games full stop. It's not as if they've kept releasing loads of titles but just dialed the quality down, they release almost nothing and what they do release is shit (ToR excepted). It's a license to print money, I just don't get why they've dried up. Surely a real KOTOR3, Rogue Squadron 4 or Republic Commando 2 would sell?

No mention of Dark Forces 3? For shame!

Ushojax

Those were the days man.

The best SW titles were just really well designed games that would succeed without the license. Jedi Knight, KOTOR, Republic Commando, X-Wing, heck, even Episode 1 Racer, they were just great games. Something like Force Unleashed doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

Top Bottom