• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New King of Fighters Confirmed in Development

BadWolf

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/employment/?no=0

Translated by Professor from MMCafe:

SNKP's updated its recruitment page.

The image on the top page will certainly rise rise eyebrows.

Its text reads "KOF development is underway. Change the history of fighting games with your own hands! [SNKPlaymore is] currently looking for new development staff!"

Some stuff in the pages have been updated. For example the qualifications for the CG designer and Technical designer page says "Past experience with PS4 or Xbox One or PS3, Xbox360"

TnK

Seems like they will go full on 3D. I will really miss the amazing pixel art graphics, but if they capture the art direction of the previous game, then that would be really good. Hopefully we see another GGXrd.

Loona

Hasn't this been known for several months, if not a year?

Hiring has stared some time ago, yep, but the hiring page got updated today, and the artwork there is new - a new partial render for Kyo (KoF protagonist), and a fairly developed one for Rimururu (who's pretty secondary in the Samurai Shodown setting).
How accurately those choices reflect the state of new games in those series I don't know, but those look like steps forward, in the very least.

Laconic

Banned
It is running on 3D models like last-current gen stuff from other companies, which makes the development go a ton faster than 13's traditional hand-drawn animation.

I'll miss the beauty of the artistry, but if it means I get a KoF sized KoF roster again, with the off-chance of Hinako, then I'm ready to move on.

Tizoc

Maximum Impact Regulation A is considered the best MI game, but only released in Japan. I'd overlook the graphics for the gameplay, but it is a shame that not many gave it the light of day :/

stn

I just hope the roster is better than KOF 13. Was missing Geese, Wolfgang, and a bunch of the Fatal Fury favorites. Would be nice to get Rick Strowd again, for example.

Alright, so where's the usual '...for mobile' or '...new pachislot' follow up?

Don't do this to me man.

It comes with the trailer :(

I just hope the roster is better than KOF 13. Was missing Geese, Wolfgang, and a bunch of the Fatal Fury favorites. Would be nice to get Rick Strowd again, for example.

King of Fighters 13, was a story game, not a dream match. Those characters are either dead or not in the KoF universe normally. I agree the roster wasn't to my liking either though.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
XIII of my most played PS+ game. I'll buy this at full price if it's coming to consoles and is just as good/better.

It's taken them long enough. After all the "for mobile/pachislot" teases I don't know how much longer my heart could've taken it. I'm still not all in, yet. I won't fall for your lies, SNK Playmore!

BadWolf

You can't hope to see those in a non-dream match KOF like XIII.

The new one is rumored to be a dream match with 50 characters so you might be in luck though. Word was that there will be surprising choices on the roster.

Sir TapTap

Hope it's HD 2D or GG Xrd style Can't Believe It's Not 2D. KOF13 looked great, but I'm not sure where else they can take pixelated sprites, 13 would be a good high note to end on.

Stop saying patchislot you monsters. Believe.

mao2

Would be cool to see a xrd style kof from them but I doubt it. I don't expect 3d kof to look like shit though.
main.jpg

I'm guessing that it'll look like the recent Fatal Fury and Samurai Shodown pachislot games. Some of the characters like Terry and Haohmaru could use some improvement though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu_or4UY5iM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvvjDmOACwU

Tizoc

lol, SNK should just bring Real Bout 2 on Steam/PSN/etc.
You are never getting Rick Strowd, Vanessa is all you're getting

Karsha

The announcement one year ago was for some slot machine game, they made fatal furry and samurai showdown I think, this seems to be for a console game . Dunno how far it is in development thought, the plan was to release it for the kof anniversary but for some reasons i think this game is years away

Iori with flames.

New characters.

Return of Rock Howard in the mainline series.

LET'S GO.

I hope you all realize that Capcom stated that it was in SNK's ballcourt if another CVS game were to be made, and SNK's biggest problem as of late is/was money.

ARE YOU READY FOR CAPCOM VS SNK 3: MARK OF THE ETERNITY

I hope you all realize that Capcom stated that it was in SNK's ballcourt if another CVS game were to be made, and SNK's biggest problem as of late is/was money.

ARE YOU READY FOR CAPCOM VS SNK 3: MARK OF THE ETERNITY
I think it's more likely Capcom turns into a Monhun + pachislot company at this point.

Mesoian

Oh and SNK, can you please work on your netcode :) ? Cause i won't buy your game if the netcode sucks. Thanks.

ArcSysWorks should just put out a middleware for Japan.

Anyway: Tentative day one. I know it's the scrubbiness in me, but I'd like to see a lot of the hypers simplified ala Marvel 3 style. The days of the pretzel and the double half circle are over.

Sir TapTap

Oh and SNK, can you please work on your netcode :) ? Cause i won't buy your game if the netcode sucks. Thanks.

Have any JP games embraced GGPO? I think we had to hound the Yatagarasu devs to include it in their upcoming game and bigger studios are even fussier. As a programmer it's crazy to see people totally ignoring already done libraries that do just what they need.

Top Bottom