• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Hearts 3 Footage shown at KH 2.5 NA Launch Event!

Namikaze

I agree that it's inevitable, I wonder how they're going to market it though.
"2.7 HD ReMIX"? And with only one full game, what's the price point? $30?
It's the sort of thing that I'd expect to be a download-only title, but since KH is apparently forbidden from having downloadable versions...

actually, maybe DDD will go PS4/XB1 only with a KH3 demo?

I could see them calling it Dream Drop Distance HD Remix or something, as wordy as that is. Don't know if they'll continue the whole numbering thing since there will only be one game in the collection and they can't go with 3.5 for obvious reasons, lol. Would love a KH3 Demo by the end of 2015 since it's probably not coming out until sometime in 2016.

LDAF

Not if they were policing people, making sure nobody wasn't. Like Blizzard did with their WoW movie teaser trailer. Hasn't leaked online yet.

The shaky cam warriors are seriously off their game the past few months. They couldn't even get footage of Doom 4!

prwxv3

A pretty cool thing to do with Wreck it Ralph would be to ignore the other characters owned by other companies & do something small scale and meta with other SE properties. Okay, so FF is part of KH's world proper. What if DQ, CT or TR were just video games in Ralph's world?

that would be neat.

Sounds awesome. The Land of Departure stuff is a pretty big story reveal (but then again, Square doesn't really care about spoilers anyway).

I could see them calling it Dream Drop Distance HD Remix or something, as wordy as that is. Don't know if they'll continue the whole numbering thing since there will only be one game in the collection and they can't go with 3.5 for obvious reasons, lol. Would love a KH3 Demo by the end of 2015 since it's probably not coming out until sometime in 2016.
Kingdom Hearts 2.9

I know it isn't your fault but...

brb-using-imagination-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2132.gif

this post is on point

Man the fighting system sounds like it will be so much fun. In addition to the acrobatic moves Sora will hopefully have, this game will be a blast. I am beyond ready for this.

A pretty cool thing to do with Wreck it Ralph would be to ignore the other characters owned by other companies & do something small scale and meta with other SE properties. Okay, so FF is part of KH's world proper. What if DQ, CT or TR were just video games in Ralph's world?

They'll just cheap out and set the WiR world in Sugar Rush.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Sora shown in KH2 outfit.
Look, I don't care if in KH time that it's only bee a short while since the events of the last game.

They better change that damn outfit already.

Chaeotic

Neo Member
Awesome, awesome news - a little sad about the spoiler though. Not that this is anything overly dramatic, nothing anyone hadn't already figured was going to happen. We may know the destination, but the journey is what three quarters of the fun is.

As for the costume and ages, I have complete faith in Nomura. Here's to seeing how many more belts we can fit onto the main characters! I'm pegging early 2016, possibly mid at latest. No world talk, no character designs, and placeholder models suggests they've only just shifted into serious production. We've gotten more info in the time since the engine swap than we have ever since KH2. Overall awesome news though, seems to be moving along quite quickly and smoothly.

They'll just cheap out and set the WiR world in Sugar Rush.

Yeah, if they did it I'm sure they would. I've always thought KH would be a great place to do a bit of wider SE fanservice - people would lose their minds if, say, Frog showed up in KH in a similar capacity to the FF cast, for instance. Not with a world, just as supporting cast. Always wondered why not.

Lara would've been a great fit for the world in that sort of way, too, but now it's gone all gritty and violent with the reboot she doesn't really fit any more. Although cartoony OTT Lara still exists in those top-down games, I guess.

Look, I don't care if in KH time that it's only bee a short while since the events of the last game.

They are giving him a new outfit in the game.

I would actually be fine if he kept his KH2 outfit because I think it looks great. But... I'm okay with another one. It'd be cool if we could use whatever outfit we wanted though.

Two Words

I just thought of something. It's going to suck when KH3 comes out and has to go through the modern song and dance of performance/ glitch issues and apologies with patches. Takes all the youthful magic out of it.

Andrefpvs

Okay guys, regarding the DDD remaster -- I got this.

It's going to be an HD ReMIX.

But if enough improvements are made to the game, it might also double as a Final Mix.

So it will be called Dream Drop Distance HD Final ReMIX

There. Done!

Square Enix, hire me

Eblo

I'd imagine KHIII would get a special edition that comes bundled with the KH3D rerelease. That's assuming it happens anyway.

Famassu

Toy Story in KH3 is a must.
What you want is probably what Nomura wants, what's with him being a huge movie buff and everything. Unfortunately, no matter how much clout Nomura has, if Disney says no to Pixar, Star Wars & Marvel, then there's not much Nomura can do other than try to reason with the Disney folk each time they develop a new KH game and are thinking up worlds for it. Maybe if he can show that Kingdom Hearts still has the mass appeal of the first two games with Kingdom Hearts III, they'll ease up and give Nomura more stuff to work with. At this point, I think Pixar might enter the fray sooner rather than later. Star Wars could happen with KHIII as well if they want to have some Star Wars promotion in KH like they had/allowed Pirates of the Caribbean stuff in KHII probably because the second film was nearing release. Marvel I don't see becoming a part of KH any time soon. I'd like to be wrong with that.

I'd imagine KHIII would get a special edition that comes bundled with the KH3D rerelease. That's assuming it happens anyway.

Nah. I think the more likely thing is that KH:DDD HD would get packaged with KH 1.5 + 2.5 for PS4 or something like that.

KH3 very well may get a Final Mix, but it's gonna be handled as DLC now instead of as a rerelease.
What you want is probably what Nomura wants, what's with him being a huge movie buff and everything. Unfortunately, no matter how much clout Nomura has, if Disney says no to Pixar, Star Wars & Marvel, then there's not much Nomura can do other than try to reason with the Disney folk each time they develop a new KH game and are thinking up worlds for it. Maybe if he can show that Kingdom Hearts still has the mass appeal of the first two games with Kingdom Hearts III, they'll ease up and give Nomura more stuff to work with. At this point, I think Pixar might enter the fray sooner rather than later. Star Wars could happen with KHIII as well if they want to have some Star Wars promotion in KH like they had/allowed Pirates of the Caribbean stuff in KHII probably because the second film was nearing release. Marvel I don't see becoming a part of KH any time soon. I'd like to be wrong with that.
The Marvel stuff set on Earth is a pretty likely no-go, but the stuff with more fantastical settings (basically, Asgard and the GotG stuff) is totally possible.

Nah. I think the more likely thing is that KH:DDD HD would get packaged with KH 1.5 + 2.5 for PS4 or something like that.

KH3 very well may get a Final Mix, but it's gonna be handled as DLC now instead of as a rerelease.
The Marvel stuff set on Earth is a pretty likely no-go, but the stuff with more fantastical settings (basically, Asgard and the GotG stuff) is totally possible.

That I don't believe. Japan is still very into their enhanced re-releases instead of DLC

Famassu

They are using his old clothes as a place-holder, Nomura has already said he was designing new ones for Sora & Riku. Much like II & Dream Drop Distance, I assume Sora might get his new clothes during the first few hours of the game, if he doesn't already have them from the start.

The problem with Marvel & Lucas properties is that while owned by Disney, they have their own autonomy and do their own thing. If SW was to be in KH, for instance, the whole thing would have to go through brand and tone people at Lucas as well as at Disney, and that's where it all gets a lot more complicated and difficult to do.

In the case of Star Wars, the specifics of how deeply EA's deal might impact it - as EA has console exclusivity, but it's believed there's a clause in there to except Infinity from that. Who knows if that could be extended to KH.

Famassu

I just thought of something. It's going to suck when KH3 comes out and has to go through the modern song and dance of performance/ glitch issues and apologies with patches. Takes all the youthful magic out of it.
I doubt a major new KH will have huge issues with bugs or glitches, they just aren't the kinds of games that are prone to have them. Performance issues might happen if they go totally cray-cray with some of the more epic stuff that will undoubtedly be in the game, but it's not like past KH games have been completely free of them either.

Famassu

The problem with Marvel & Lucas properties is that while owned by Disney, they have their own autonomy and do their own thing. If SW was to be in KH, for instance, the whole thing would have to go through brand and tone people at Lucas as well as at Disney, and that's where it all gets a lot more complicated and difficult to do.

In the case of Star Wars, the specifics of how deeply EA's deal might impact it - as EA has console exclusivity, but it's believed there's a clause in there to except Infinity from that. Who knows if that could be extended to KH.
Ah, yes, that just adds another layer of difficulties for Kingdom Hearts x Marvel/Star Wars.

Oh man, is Square starting to give permission to developers to show whatever they want from their games now?

First Tabata's talk show, now Nomura showing prototypes.

Glorious.

And I need to play DDD soon, I must be missing so much >.>

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
^ Cause they started these remasters a while back and were aiming for maximum profitability, that was at the time last gen. Now it sounds dumb, but that's the reasoning.

We'll probably see them on current gen eventually, but that kind of invalidates the PS3 releases

I wonder if drive forms will still be in KH3...i would not mind seeing even more versions of drive in addition to any new elements

You're really not. Story moves forward a bit but the gameplay is absolute balls.

Really? I thought the gameplay was actually really fun. I still prefer BBS's battle system, but DDD is similar, and while somewhat gamebreaking at times, Flowmotion was really fun to use. I did HATE the dreameater bullshit stuff (which is really the only reason why I haven't replayed it yet), though. And the time limit aspect to each character was somewhat annoying as well.

^ Cause they started these remasters a while back and were aiming for maximum profitability, that was at the time last gen. Now it sounds dumb, but that's the reasoning.

We'll probably see them on current gen eventually, but that kind of invalidates the PS3 releases

How does that invalidate the releases? Because they are no longer exclusive? Does the special go away?

Top Bottom