• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Hearts 3 Footage shown at KH 2.5 NA Launch Event!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
B3zs4fWCYAAqdmD.jpg:large

The fuck is he always wearing, jeez.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I can tell the engine mess really set them back, as well as their reallocation of all major staff to FF15..

Nomura had to basically wait for them to get the assets they had already done into UE4, and so they are just basically at like 5 percent completion right now, like a few rooms and art designs, and maybe an early model or two.

This game is sometime in 2016 minimum.

Now the reveal trailer and proof of concept demo definitely aren't representative of anything, even though it wasn't really before.

Even now SE mismanagement is doing their staff dirty

LAA

I just got back from the event in question. It was a bunch of concept art and some rough animation pieces (New Heartless idle movements/Sora trasnforming a Keyblade into dual guns/canon. Was really rough stuff as it was literally just the models animating on a white background. The part where they had a whole room animated with Sora walking in it was stunning though. Looked really good with curtains flapping in the wind and Sora's hair/clothes being blown by the wind. Visually, it looked phenomenal. Like I don't know why but I was surprised at how good it looked lol.

That's a good point. I can't think of KH having dynamic world's like that before, aka the environment having "moving parts" in some way. Thinking about it the world's have always been usually static. Apart from waterfalls can't think of much else that moved in the world's. Oh KH3D had more too perhaps like the ferris wheel and stuff, but I guess I mean the little things like curtains moving.

sappyday

I wonder if they're gonna release this. Square is being a lot more open with FFXV's development now so they should do the same with KH3 (I don't expect to get the same level as FFXV since KH3 is still so far away)

Tsunamo

this is just making me want bbs 2 more

;{
I feel your pain.
We'll get our BBSv2 one day :(
I wonder if they're gonna release this. Square is being a lot more open with FFXV's development now so they should do the same with KH3 (I don't expect to get the same level as FFXV since KH3 is still so far away)
Yeah, despite it being less far in development one would think they would be more open with showing it, rather than just showing footage only at closed events like this. The D23 footage came out not long after the event happened so hopefully the same will happen with this.

ErichWK

I bet this new Kingdom Hearts is gonna tie together all the confusing plots and neatly bring everything into one coherent brilliantly told story.

MrMatt555

"The event began with Livan playing Kingdom Hearts songs like "Kairi" and "Hand in Hand" on a piano. Surprise guest, Kingdom Hearts composer Yoko Shimomura"

Seriously? Wtf. Had I known based shimomura was going to stroll into burbank California I would have totally tried hard to go. But when they talked about special guests I thought they meant voice actors like Haley or Quinton. God. I'm so disappointed that I didn't go. It doesn't help that I tried 3 weeks in a row to get those tickets from the facebook page with no luck.

raven777

"The event began with Livan playing Kingdom Hearts songs like "Kairi" and "Hand in Hand" on a piano. Surprise guest, Kingdom Hearts composer Yoko Shimomura"

Seriously? Wtf. Had I known based shimomura was going to stroll into burbank California I would have totally tried hard to go. But when they talked about special guests I thought they meant voice actors like Haley or Quinton. God. I'm so disappointed that I didn't go. It doesn't help that I tried 3 weeks in a row to get those tickets from the facebook page with no luck.

B309o39CIAANZwO.jpg:large

The event sound like it was full of surprises...

I doubt people were expecting to see brand new KH III trailer as well...

"Too early to talk world"? At this point it's been a year and a half since the E3 2013 reveal.

What's the point of even showing this if no one will be able to see it except for the handful at your launch event no one heard about?

Falk

that puzzling face
Speaking of Kingdom Hearts in general, there's a rumor lurking around that both KH 1.5 & KH 2.5 could be coming to both Xbox One & PS4:

First Kingdom Hearts games could still hit PS4 & Xbox One.

But but but considering KH now spans over a decade, and it's very likely to continue past the lifespan of the current gen, this is only a temporary band-aid fix. Soon we'll have Kingdom Hearts The Ultimate Mega Final Re-ReMIX Director's Cut Compilation on PS6.

KH needs to be on Steam where it belongs.

For posterity.

this isn't a port begging post

honest

wmlk

I can't believe people are surprised about 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 and XBONE.

I've held off ever since I found out two years ago. We're going to get 1080p 60fps KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 soon enough, anyway.

Top Bottom