• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Hearts II.8 and III info from Dengeki PlayStation

Mini-interview with Nomura in Dengeki. Unchained talks about the Lost Master, further expanded upon in KH3. The setting of Xehanort's keyblade is discussed in Unchained and is connected to KH3. 7 Lights and 13 Darkness - other than that revealed in KH3D, these will be hidden until the very end of KH3's story. There is a link between 0.2 BbS and KH1-2's stories. Narrator of χBC is Chirithy. KHuχ: Chirithy is the player's guide. Master of Masters is the teacher of the 6 Disciples. The traitor will be revealed in KHuχ.

--About the cover:

Tetsuya Nomura's comments in this issue:
-There is a congratulatory message regarding the overlap of issue #600 and the announcement of KH2.8.
-The king (presumably King Mickey) and the others were drawn beforehand for the sake of expediting the schedule, but now they're being recolored to create a sense of unity.
-They've depicted this on the front cover several times.
-He's going to talk about KH2.8 and KHIII

--KHIII
-The “Lost Master” is talked about even in [KHx], but it will be used in KHIII
-The creation of Xehanort's keyblade will be discussed in [KHx] and will tie into KHIII
-Kingdom Hearts will also be discussed further, more than the series has so far
-D23 (November 3rd) will feature a “theater” concept, so he's hoping we're looking forward to the video!

--KH2.8
-The part of KH3D that explains the 7 lights and 13 darknesses will be carried on through the end of KHIII
-Since “Keyblade Master” is a special title, what's necessary to become one will be taught
-0.2BbS and KH1-2's stories will be linked together
-Chirithy is the one speaking in xBC

--Khux
-Chirithy is the player's guide
-The “Master of Masters” is the teacher of the six apprentices, and it will be revealed in xBC who the traitor is

Read more: http://kh13.com/news/new-details-on...-in-dengeki-playstation-summary#ixzz3no5Sod6M

raven777

Here is the Dengeki cover art by the way

CQpeFPaU8AAjzhN.png:orig

Jigolo

yeah some of those words....etc etc

this story is so fucking convoluted but I love it so much

yeah some of those words....etc etc

this story is so fucking convoluted but I love it so much

I don't really get the issue with the choice of words, etc. It's not all that different from stuff like Harry Potter, with stuff like Dark Lord, Death Eaters, etcetc.

raven777

I don't really understand what I'm reading about this Chirithy thing.

I don't know whats confusing about Chirithy in that interview. I see it menioned twice.

First one is about how the mysterious voice in TGS trailer's χBC part (The one that was in Japanese) was voice of Chirithy.

Second one is about Unchained χ where Chirithy act as player's guide.

Good God, Lemon. Remember when the KH story was comprehensible?

It's still plenty comprehensible, imo. It's just that Nomura is pretty insistent on fleshing out the universe extensively. So he wants to tell stories of not just Sora/Riku/etc vs Xehanort, but the lore of Xehanort's fucking Keyblade as well.

The core story is basically that Xehanort screwed over a bunch of people, caused a lot of problems, and it's up to Sora/Riku (up to a total of 7 chosen ones) to defeat Xehanort once and for all.

In between that, we have the X-Blade, Keyblade Wars, the Foretellers, the Lost Master, etc.

I thought that cat was just some random dreameater. Guess that's the narrator for KHux. I'm still not a huge fan of the dream eaters, hopefully their roll isn't as large as it was in KH3D. I'd rather have characters as partners over them any day.

It's a character from Kingdom Hearts χ.
Name is Chirithy I think.

Oh cool.

I have like, a lot a catching up to do on KHχ don't I? Reading the OP, is this another CoM situation here I might perceive the game as unimportant to the overall story but be horribly wrong? Is Back Story gonna cover all this?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
It's still plenty comprehensible, imo. It's just that Nomura is pretty insistent on fleshing out the universe extensively. So he wants to tell stories of not just Sora/Riku/etc vs Xehanort, but the lore of Xehanort's fucking Keyblade as well.

But it's not the story of Sora/Riku/Kairi, it's the story of Sora/Riku/Kairi/Xemnas/Ansem/Aqua/Tera/Ventus/Venitus/Mickey/Cid/Axel/Roxas who I think at this point might all be the same person.

Honestly if we find out at the conclusion of the series that this all took place in the autistic kid's snowglobe I would not be surprised.

Kouriozan

It was nice seeing Sora
failing the Mark of Mastery
, I wonder if he saves everyone, will he be able to weild a keyblade anymore? (Incoming my friends are my power)
Or he'll have to relearn everything again.

But it's not the story of Sora/Riku/Kairi, it's the story of Sora/Riku/Kairi/Xemnas/Ansem/Aqua/Tera/Ventus/Venitus/Mickey/Cid/Axel/Roxas who I think at this point might all be the same person.

Honestly if we find out at the conclusion of the series that this all took place in the autistic kid's snowglobe I would not be surprised.

When following a overarching series with many games, you need to look at the stories of each game individually.

Aqua/Terra/Ventus's core story was told in BbS. Even if they have a role in III, their part in the overall saga is told in one game, and the key takeout from that one game to III is that Xehanort screwed them over, and Sora needs to save them.

Sometimes, it's best to not overthink the "connections" between all the characters, and look at them in silos of their respective story game.

Man, I was all clued in on Kingdom Hearts' story even after 3D, but all this χ stuff is flying so high over my head I mistook it for a shooting star.

Something bordering me since they revealed KH 2.8. What is the difference between χ and X?

Xehanort mentions that χ (chi) is a letter that spells endings, and is used for the name of the ultra-super-mega Keyblade (the χ Blade) that has the power to...Kingdom Hearts?

X I've always thought was amnesiac Xehanorts misremembering of it, and plasters it everywhere in a vain attempt to remember its true meaning.

Something like that anyway, I'll need to look it up.

What this mean, though?

-D23 (November 3rd) will feature a “theater” concept, so he's hoping we're looking forward to the video!

Xehanort mentions that χ (chi) is a letter that spells endings, and is used for the name of the ultra-super-mega Keyblade (the χ Blade) that has the power to...Kingdom Hearts?

X I've always thought was amnesiac Xehanorts misremembering of it, and plasters it everywhere in a vain attempt to remember its true meaning.

Something like that anyway, I'll need to look it up.

And i thought i am an expert in KH
I think i should stop taking story seriously from Nomura now 0_0

What this mean, though?

D23 is the Disney event (like the one where they revealed the Big Hero 6 world), and there's going to be one in November, where Nomura confirmed footage of KH3 (unlike just a world announcement like for BH6).

Hopefully it means new footage and not just the E3 trailer again lol.

D23 is the Disney event (like the one where they revealed the Big Hero 6 world), and there's going to be one in November, where Nomura confirmed footage of KH3 (unlike just a world announcement like for BH6).

Hopefully it means new footage and not just the E3 trailer again lol.

I know D23 =p

I didn't understand the "Theater concept". I guess this confirms a new trailer.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
icZk1gS.jpg

Seven characters over a crown. Seven lights?

The Lamp

I don't know whats confusing about Chirithy in that interview. I see it menioned twice.

First one is about how the mysterious voice in TGS trailer's χBC part (The one that was in Japanese) was voice of Chirithy.

Second one is about Unchained χ where Chirithy act as player's guide.

I didn't know there was a trailer with the name "χBC".

I also didn't know what they meant by "player's guide" (if they meant it literally) because I've only ever heard that term used for strategy guides that someone buys.

Idk. Reading those sentences the first time had me like "huh?" because I didn't even know who Chirithy is.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Doubt it. The art is based on KH 2.8, so other characters who are not important in 2.8 are missing.
Yeah, you're right. Would definitely be cooler if they were all keyblade wielders. Still, it's interesting that there's seven characters there.

I think my biggest issue with this series story is that I had no way of playing all the games in the series due to not owning the specific consoles.

More specifically I've only played KHI, CoM, and KH2. So unfortunately ever since KH2 came out I've been so lost and theres been no good form of media to play catch up on.

I would rather not watch incredibly long LPs of someone playing said games. Has Nomura ever thought about releasing a DVD/trailer/movie with all major plot points cleared up before the 3rd game?

Surely I am not the only one in this boat right?

I think my biggest issue with this series story is that I had no way of playing all the games in the series due to not owning the specific consoles.

More specifically I've only played KHI, CoM, and KH2. So unfortunately ever since KH2 came out I've been so lost and theres been no good form of media to play catch up on.

I would rather not watch incredibly long LPs of someone playing said games. Has Nomura ever thought about releasing a DVD/trailer/movie with all major plot points cleared up before the 3rd game?

You technically only need a PS3 (and a PS4) to play the entire series now.

And it's not like a full collection on PS4 only is impossible to happen either.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Aren't the seven lights supposed to be key blade wielders? Donald and Goofy keyblade wielders confirmed, which could've made them useful in every game instead of useless.
Excuse me, Donald was the GOAT.

Edzi

--KHIII
-The “Lost Master” is talked about even in [KHx], but it will be used in KHIII
-The creation of Xehanort's keyblade will be discussed in [KHx] and will tie into KHIII

Having only played KH1-2 and Chain of Memories, I'm already super lost. I really need to get around to playing the 1.5 and 2.5 collections.

The Lamp

You can play the HD Collections on PS3.

Thoraxes

Aren't the seven lights supposed to be key blade wielders? Donald and Goofy keyblade wielders confirmed, which could've made them useful in every game instead of useless.

If you played DDD... that's not all of them in that image.

Top Bottom