• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kirby game for Regular DS

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
img_5-1.jpg
img_5-2.jpg
img_5-3.jpg

img_5-4.jpg
img_5-5.jpg
img_5-6.jpg
img_5-7.jpg

Will post the video snap shot when I have a chance/someone else cuts it out of the long DS Video. Looks to play a bit like Canvas Curse, with it being stylus only.

Has Tentative 2011 date.

AniHawk

Looks interesting. Kinda weird it was announced for the DS though. I thought for sure Nintendo would be totally finished with the device by now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, DS seems odd, but maybe it will be part of a line up of potential 3DS enhanced games? Would be the best bet for maximum sales.

Oh yeah, HAL is making this one.

This was the best thing they announced today. It's all about the games. Also, stylus control for a billion Kirbies? The action takes place on the bottom screen. Will buy.

bon said:
Is this like Lemmings but with Kirby?

Doesn't really look like the Kirby clones have different abilities. Looks like a cross between Canvas Curse and Pikmin maybe?

Either way, can't wait to get my hands on it. Why is Kirby becoming the star of Nintendo conferences?

Kirby Canvass Curse-ish touch controlled Kirby action? Looks great! Lots of Kirbies, awesome... :)

AniHawk said:
Looks interesting. Kinda weird it was announced for the DS though. I thought for sure Nintendo would be totally finished with the device by now.

Yeah, just ignore all of the tens of millions of people who have DSes all at once, great idea... I think it makes sense to make a few more DS games. The Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and GBA all had support continuing after the releases of their successors, after all.

The 3DS isn't cheap, they can't expect everyone to get one day one.

It is interesting timing, and yeah I'm not expecting first party DS support to last too long after the 3DS releases (the DS will be over six years old by the time the 3DS comes out after all, while the GBA was barely 3 1/2 years old when replaced), but it's nice to see something, particularly something as potentially fun as this. :)

A Black Falcon said:

A very good point. It seems that Nintendo is angling to have two different products. The higher-end for the core and early-adopters and the regular DS for the kids, as well as the parents who still bought GBA SPs when the DS came out.

Salsa

Allan Holdsworth said:
Have no idea what it's supposed to play like, but sign me up for more Kirby.

You can get an idea just by the screens though, it sorta looks like Canvas Curse with a bunch of Kirbys, probably making it a more frantic game.

Aeana

Someone said a successor to Canvas Curse was announced, so I came to see. That isn't really what this looks like at all... but I hope it's good.

BiggNife

Oh hey, this is a nice surprise

I'd like to see a video so I know how it actually plays, though. I'm certainly intrigued.

BiggNife said:
Oh hey, this is a nice surprise

I'd like to see a video so I know how it actually plays, though. I'm certainly intrigued.

There's one for the DS games trailer, but it shows very little.

I am so behind on Kirby releases... haven't played Canvas Curse, The Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad or the re-release/remake of Super Star. And now there's Epic Yarn and this to worry about.

My bank account = :-_(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cow Mengde said:
As long as it's not made by Flagship, then I'm ready for more Kirby.
1) Flagship is dead. Squeak Squad was their last game before being shut down by Nintendo/Capcom (And the fact they were being shut down is likely part of the reason why it was so poor)
2) The press site those pictures are on has copyright info for just HAL (And Nintendo), unlike Epic Yarn which has it for both the IP holders and Good Feel.

All signs point to HAL, though I still want to know when they are going to make a normal Kirby game. Its been a damn decade since HAL made a new normal Kirby Platformer. They have had two spin offs, and two remakes, and this will be their 3rd spin off, since Kirby 64 came out.

Forkball

Kirby Army? Looks pretty interesting, I think Nintendo thinks Kirby is their experimental franchise where they can just test out any idea they think is remotely interesting.

Drkirby said:
They have had two spin offs, and two remakes, and this will be their 3rd spin off, since Kirby 64 came out.

One thing I'll say about Kirby games they don't come often but all forms are welcomed.

WillyFive

TreIII said:
Not one, but TWO Kirby games in a short span?

What have we done to be so blessed as such?! :D :D

People started complaining there was no Kirby. Same thing happened with Kid Icarus and Mario platformers.

Chemo

Freezie KO said:
Seriously. Pick it up used. And this game looks like a different experience, so you won't be spoiling the new DS Kirby.
What the fuck does this statement even mean? It seems like what you're implying is that sequels can be spoiled by their prior entries?

If so, holy shit.

GaussTek

Drkirby said:
1) Flagship is dead. Squeak Squad was their last game before being shut down by Nintendo/Capcom (And the fact they were being shut down is likely part of the reason why it was so poor)
2) The press site those pictures are on has copyright info for just HAL (And Nintendo), unlike Epic Yarn which has it for both the IP holders and Good Feel.

All signs point to HAL, though I still want to know when they are going to make a normal Kirby game. Its been a damn decade since HAL made a new normal Kirby Platformer. They have had two spin offs, and two remakes, and this will be their 3rd spin off, since Kirby 64 came out.

Seems HAL have serious troubles programing with 3D graphics :lol (I mean seriously, their last 3D game was Air Ride, and they had development problems with that).

I hope we can see something like the Kirby game they were doing for GC now for 3DS.

Hylian7

Willy105 said:
People started complaining there was no Kirby. Same thing happened with Kid Icarus and Mario platformers.
Hmm......

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, I WANT F-ZERO!!!!!!!

Did it work?

Forkball said:
Kirby Army? Looks pretty interesting, I think Nintendo thinks Kirby is their experimental franchise where they can just test out any idea they think is remotely interesting.
This has been the case for a long while

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Willy105 said:
That was me. I am going to continue my bitching till Kirby GCN shows up on the 3DS. Then I'll let them off the hook for a few years.

seady

Holy Shit, a Canvas Curse sequel?

I never really into Kirby, but Canvas Curse is one of my favorite game of all time and still my #1 DS game. Such innovative game.

A Black Falcon said:
Kirby Canvass Curse-ish touch controlled Kirby action? Looks great! Lots of Kirbies, awesome... :)

Yeah, just ignore all of the tens of millions of people who have DSes all at once, great idea... I think it makes sense to make a few more DS games. The Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and GBA all had support continuing after the releases of their successors, after all.

It is interesting timing, and yeah I'm not expecting first party DS support to last too long after the 3DS releases (the DS will be over six years old by the time the 3DS comes out after all, while the GBA was barely 3 1/2 years old when replaced), but it's nice to see something, particularly something as potentially fun as this. :)

3DS = third pillar (for realz this time)

Top Bottom