• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kirby game for Regular DS

Deft Beck

Drkirby said:
That was me. I am going to continue my bitching till Kirby GCN shows up on the 3DS. Then I'll let them off the hook for a few years.

Judging by old footage of Kirby GCN compared to my experience with Brawl, it seems like a lot of the elements from the cancelled GCN game showed up in Brawl.

King Boo

how wonderful! kinda wish it was made for the 3ds, for 3d goodness, but that's ok. can't complain when we're getting TWO kirby games in a short amount of time

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Night_Trekker said:
Doesn't Amazing Mirror have something like that?
Not really. In Amazing Mirror, while there are 4 kirbys, 3 are controled by other players/the CPU. You can call them to help you with you cellphone though! Otherwise the CPU kirbys wonder around the world doing nothing useful their own thing, unless you can find 3 friends to play with.

On a tangent, Nightmare in Dreamland actually had a pretty robust multiplayer mode if you had 4 copies of the game, and the systems, and the cables...

Hylian7

Drkirby said:
Not really. In Amazing Mirror, while there are 4 kirbys, 3 are controled by other players/the CPU. You can call them to help you with you cellphone though! Otherwise the CPU kirbys wonder around the world doing nothing useful their own thing, unless you can find 3 friends to play with.

On a tangent, Nightmare in Dreamland actually had a pretty robust multiplayer mode if you had 4 copies of the game, and the systems, and the cables...
GBA VC on 3DS, Wifi play.........I want to believe.

Would anyone else be thrilled like fucking hell if Kirby Adventure which was headed to GC and possibly Wii ended up on 3DS?

The spiritual successor to 64 with the Melee (Brawl?) engine, how did that NOT own so fucking hard?!

Epic Yarn is an awesome alternative though, so we didn't really lose out in the end! :D

Sort of looks like:

super_peach.jpg

zigg

I still want to know how the hell this game plays. :lol

Drkirby said:
All signs point to HAL, though I still want to know when they are going to make a normal Kirby game. Its been a damn decade since HAL made a new normal Kirby Platformer.

The way I see it, Canvas Curse basically freed them from this obligation for a goodly long time. And if this game is as good or better... hot damn. They can never look back as far as I'm concerned.

KevinCow

Banned
So it's basically Kirby Roco? Er... Loco Kirby? I dunno. Loco Roco with Kirby is the general idea I'm getting at here.

EvilMario said:
We want our Ice Climbers, damn it!

I think you and I are the only ones.

Unless you're being sarcastic (likely), in which case I'm the only one. ;_;

robor

YES. FINALLY, A KIRBY MADE BY HAL LABS.

This is the best announcement ever this year by FAR (excepting Armored Core 5). Finally Nintendo has given some free reign to HAL so they can make a fricken game. Awesome.

Drkirby said:
That was me. I am going to continue my bitching till Kirby GCN shows up on the 3DS. Then I'll let them off the hook for a few years.

Tell me about it. Or what about just their games in general? I cannot tell how much it infuriates me to see HAL's games canceled time and time again. It's way too frequent and it shits me to the core. Kirby GCN was the last straw for me, I don't care that we're getting Epic Yarn (looks great don't get me wrong), I wanted what was announced and then eons later it gets canceled.

Kirby Air Ride 64, Kirby Tilt n Tumble 2, Earthbound 64, Battland, Luna Blaze and now Kirby GCN. Damn Nintendo, damn them to hell!!!

They should make the DS go out with a bang, which so far it looks like they are. Pokémon BW, Kirby, Golden Sun. :)

Also, that second Fire Emblem DS game still has to be released outside of Japan. So I think the DS will get maybe another year before Nintendo drops support of it.

HAL made the first Pokémon Ranger, and I thought that was a wonderful game. They also made Smash Bros. They know what they are doing seriously!

Super Smash Bros. 3DS anyone? (A new game not a N64 remake!)

There's also that Fossil Fighters sequel.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Strange that this is DS only... it might have been my 3DS killer app. But I guess I shouldn't be complaining about that. :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
robor said:
YES. FINALLY, A KIRBY MADE BY HAL LABS.

This is the best announcement ever this year by FAR (excepting Armored Core 5). Finally Nintendo has given some free reign to HAL so they can make a fricken game. Awesome.

Tell me about it. Or what about just their games in general? I cannot tell how much it infuriates me to see HAL's games canceled time and time again. It's way too frequent and it shits me to the core. Kirby GCN was the last straw for me, I don't care that we're getting Epic Yarn (looks great don't get me wrong), I wanted what was announced and then eons later it gets canceled.

Kirby Air Ride 64, Kirby Tilt n Tumble 2, Earthbound 64, Battland, Luna Blaze and now Kirby GCN. Damn Nintendo, damn them to hell!!!
Are Ride 64 was never totally canned, it just had a 8 year development and came out for the GCN, and Earhtbound 64 was ported to the GBA (The First GBA FE was also supposed to be for the N64, and its likely the first GBA Advance Wars game was the never shown "N64 Wars")

I am still waiting for Tilt n Tumble 2, but I think that may show up on the 3DS to. Seems like a good fit.

Top Bottom