• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kirby Wii (HAL), Pandora's Tower, More [Confirmed, Kirby Trailer Added]

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Allan Holdsworth said:
Mega Man Powered Up. Remade original levels, 2 extra levels, playable robot masters, 3 difficulty settings, 100 challenges, downloadable levels. Too bad it was left to rot in the PSP.

Remake. Weird artstyle. Tried it, didn't like it. I'm talking a new episode with new levels, new robot masters, new really cool features (not level-editors developers keep shoving into games that I'll never care for when the time spent developing these could be spent adding new/polishing existing content). It was even a remake of the two most popular Mega Man games (2 and 3). Doesn't surprise me that it bombed.

LOCK

This makes me so happy.

NoA potentially could release this year for the Wii:

Mario Sports Mix
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Xenoblade (lolz)
Last Story (lolz)
Kirby Wii

IF this happens, then it won't be a bad year for the Wii as expected. Plus with the many more game announcements that Iwata mentioned plus Pandora's Tower (lolz) making it to the West. Who knows with Nintendo...

I know I say "I wish this was for 3DS" for a lot Wii games but I really think Kirby would have been better off a 3DS title. Wii doesn't need another Kirby RIGHT AFTER Epic. o_O

Penguin

Black-Wind said:
I know I say "I wish this was for 3DS" for a lot Wii games but I really think Kirby would have been better off a 3DS title. Wii doesn't need another Kirby RIGHT AFTER Epic. o_O

I think the Wii needs whatever games it could get right now.

Also, it makes it sound like we may seen Zelda sooner rather than late, I could see a summer launch.

Penguin said:

Also, it makes it sound like we may seen Zelda sooner rather than late, I could see a summer launch.

I agree with you on the first point. As for the second point, I wouldve agreed with you yesterday but Iwata made a comment at the conference saying that OoT 3DS would be coming before Skyward Sword.

Didn't reggie say OoT would come after June at the earliest? Sounds like a November release for Skyward Sword to me.

I have a feeling Nintendo is going to release a new console soon, or is at least preparing for it. That could explain why there are few upcoming games on the DS and Wii... because of the 3DS and Super Wii!

I know it's 2011, around the time that new consoles would normally come out.

Kilrogg said:
Remake. Weird artstyle. Tried it, didn't like it. I'm talking a new episode with new levels, new robot masters, new really cool features (not level-editors developers keep shoving into games that I'll never care for when the time spent developing these could be spent adding new/polishing existing content). It was even a remake of the two most popular Mega Man games (2 and 3). Doesn't surprise me that it bombed.

It was a full blown remake of MM1. Pretty much a new game (think Metroid Zero Mission to Metroid). I don't care about level editors either, I just downloaded the official stages, which weren't especially good admittedly. Artstyle is crappy yeah, but the game is great.

Seems you are being overly nitpicky, just give it another shot.

Why would you do that? said:
I have a feeling Nintendo is going to release a new console soon, or is at least preparing for it. That could explain why there are few upcoming games on the DS and Wii... because of the 3DS and Super Wii!.
Or just the 3DS.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Why would you do that? said:
I have a feeling Nintendo is going to release a new console soon, or is at least preparing for it. That could explain why there are few upcoming games on the DS and Wii... because of the 3DS and Super Wii!

I know it's 2011, around the time that new consoles would normally come out.

But Nintendo has confirmed there are new Wii titles coming out. Japan just got The Last Story, we know there's Zelda, and now we know Kirby is on the way, plus the same report stated that other Wii titles were in development.

There's no new console coming out soon. While I'm sure work has begun on software for the Wii 2 or whatever, there's no way Nintendo could fuel support for major software and hardware for two new systems so close together.

Penguin said:

I think its a fight not worth the pay-off at this point. I myself have already proclaimed that LoZ:SS would be my next and last Wii game and that 2011 would be my "year of 3DS". From what I see the interest in the Wii has dropped like a rock for others as well. I don't think having a 2nd Kirby is gonna help Wii as much as having it's FIRST Kirby would help the 3DS later this year.

But hell, I want some 3DS right NOW like a crackhead looking for that next hit ... my logic could be fail.

Also, I'm ready for a new Nintendo Console. This is 2011 ... I remember LMAO in HS at the name "Wii" and feeling sad well thinking that Nintendo was gonna die. Today I'm a college grad, looking for a job and trying to gtfo of my mother's house so that I can start my adult life.

Even if there is no Wii2 at the end of this year or the start of next year, I'm tapped out. Just give me SS and I will get the other games I want (DK-EM-Kirby(s)-Whatever JRPGs nintendo releases in the US) when ever the next console comes out. I'm just gonna throw money at my 3DS until then. :(

onipex

_dementia said:
Interesting to see Nintendo pick up Just Dance. Huge hit just got huger?

It took them long enough. They need to have it out before that MJ dance game is released in Japan. If dances become a hit in Japan too that may give them the audience.

This better be the year of motion plus for Nintendo with these new Wii games. I'm happy for all the 2D love, but I want more than Zelda to use these devices on.

Black-Wind said:
I think its a fight not worth the pay-off at this point. I myself have already proclaimed that LoZ:SS would be my next and last Wii game and that 2011 would be my "year of 3DS". From what I see the interest in the Wii has dropped like a rock for others as well. I don't think having a 2nd Kirby is gonna help Wii as much as having it's FIRST Kirby would help the 3DS later this year.

But hell, I want some 3DS right NOW like a crackhead looking for that next hit ... my logic could be fail.

Also, I'm ready for a new Nintendo Console. This is 2011 ... I remember LMAO in HS at the name "Wii" and feeling sad well thinking that Nintendo was gonna die. Today I'm a college grad, looking for a job and trying to gtfo of my mother's house so that I can start my adult life.

Even if there is no Wii2 at the end of this year or the start of next year, I'm tapped out. Just give me SS and I will get the other games I want (DK-EM-Kirby(s)-Whatever JRPGs nintendo releases in the US) when ever the next console comes out. I'm just gonna throw money at my 3DS until then. :(

Wii got 3 million sellers in Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Kirbys Epic Yarn. (maybe more).

I think its safe to say not everyone feels the same as you.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Allan Holdsworth said:
It was a full blown remake of MM1. Pretty much a new game (think Metroid Zero Mission to Metroid). I don't care about level editors either, I just downloaded the official stages, which weren't especially good admittedly. Artstyle is crappy yeah, but the game is great.

Seems you are being overly nitpicky, just give it another shot.

Really the only part I liked is the "play as a robot master" part. That's a fun diversion, and I've always wanted to be able to do that. The first time I played Mega Man I thought I was choosing my character, not a boss and his matching stage. I was so pissed when I realized I was stuck with "the little blue guy with no distinctive feature or weapon about him", haha. But then I got hooked!

Okay, let me say it this way: a (good) remake of a Mega Man game I would probably buy if it was MM2 or 3, cheap, on a system I already own. Anyway judging from the utter failure that MMPU was, it seems most people thought the game was uninteresting or poor, not just me. Glad you liked it though, you didn't waste your money!

Most importantly, I want Capcom to go all-out on an all-new game with new graphics, new content, new features (see 4-player in NSMB Wii as an incredibly good new feature), decent budget/development time. Not weird remakes and awful downloadable games (MM Universe).

Rush2thestart said:
Wii got 3 million sellers in Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Kirbys Epic Yarn. (maybe more).

I think its safe to say not everyone feels the same as you.
Well thats good for Nintendo, I didn't think everyone else was on the same life page turning part of their life as I. I'm ready for change and these mystery titles like Pandore's Tower and unknown 2011 titles sure as hell isn't helping people like myself who see lil remaining appeal in the Wii.

But on another note I watched the english version of this speech and was happy to have my thoughts on AR confirmed. The reason Nintendogs is their only gate opening game is for 3Rd parties to get their groove on and because this system's "Wii Sports" is built into it ... the AR games :D

Black-Wind said:
Well thats good for Nintendo, I didn't think everyone else was on the same life page turning part of their life as I. I'm ready for change and these mystery titles like Pandore's Tower and unknown 2011 titles sure as hell isn't helping people like myself who see lil remaining appeal in the Wii.

Well for me, the appeal is the games. Fancy new platforms are great and all, but if the Wii keeps getting good games, I see no reason not to buy them.

Also there's some potential in Motionplus still left to be tapped, but I'm not too hopeful on that, Zelda aside. (though Red Steel 2 was fucking great).

Van Owen said:
Sort of sick of the side-scrolling revivals from Nintendo...

Ah gamers. They always want what they can't have, and when the finally get it, they don't want it anymore.

Ok yes that's a big generalization but you can never have enough 2d platformers people. Just be thankful that in a world of FPS and sandbox games, there's still room for gaming's greatest genre.

Cipherr

Van Owen said:
Sort of sick of the side-scrolling revivals from Nintendo...

Yeah, this gen is overflowing with all those platformers. The genre is so run down with clones and clones and clones. I wish they would just take a breather already. Maybe release a few more shooters.

Well from Nintendo themselves we got Wario Land, NSMBW, DKCR, Epic Yarn, and now a proper Kirby.

Next would obviously be Yoshi's Island, Nintendo is showing nice variety in their 2D platformers. Though another full 3D one would be lovely, particularly a DK one.

Van Owen

Banned
lol Jesus you guys are a bunch of reactionary whiners. Not wanting ANOTHER 2d Kirby = I WANT MORE SHOOTERS?

How about the company that used to be innovate and push gameplay mechanics does something different with Kirby instead of another 2D game right off the heels of Kirby's Epic Yarn, Other M, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc.

They sure are putting their motion tech to good use...

Dascu

Van Owen said:
lol Jesus you guys are a bunch of reactionary whiners. Not wanting ANOTHER 2d Kirby = I WANT MORE SHOOTERS?

How about the company that used to be innovate and push gameplay mechanics does something different with Kirby instead of another 2D game right off the heels of Kirby's Epic Yarn, Other M, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc.

They sure are putting their motion tech to good use...
1) Each of those 2D games you listed there have their own qualities and differences that make them stand out. They are innovative and they are pushing their respective gameplay mechanics, or simply excelling at them. Putting Other M in that list is kinda fishy though, it's not really a pure sidescrolling game.
2) Nintendo still is producing other, non-sidescrollers. Heck, in this same news they announced Pandora's Tower (which probably isn't a sidescroller, but likely an adventure game or an RPG) and they showed off Rhythm Tengoku Wii.
3) That said, I do agree that some of the replies to your post have been silly. Because you don't want another 2D game, that doesn't mean you suddenly want a generic shooter.

Top Bottom