• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New LAIR screens

Trevelyan

Banned
Towards the end of the PSN trailer, where the dragon is over the "main" city where most of the other vids take place, there are so many other dragons flying through the sky it's scary. If they can keep it at a solid 30fps, I'll be too busy fapping to the game to bother playing it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Did anyone check out the new PSN trailer? The game really does look much better than ever before in motion. The framerate is much smoother, the fire and explosions look solid, and more environments are finally shown. It's very impressive stuff.

VonGak!

Banned
methane47 said:
Sometimes Lair looks soo fricking amazing.. and other times... meh...kinda looks crappy..
I like the way we have been shown work in progress, I mean we have followed this game from early concept to gold.

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
lairE3-1.jpg

lairE3-2.jpg

lairE3-3.jpg

lairE3-4.jpg

lairE3-5.jpg

lairE3-6.jpg

lairE3-7.jpg

lairE3-8.jpg

lairE3-9.jpg

lairE3-10.jpg

lairE3-11.jpg

lairE3-12.jpg

lairE3-13.jpg

lairE3-14.jpg

lairE3-15.jpg

lairE3-16.jpg

lairE3-17.jpg

lairE3-18.jpg

lairE3-19.jpg

lairE3-20.jpg

KTallguy

Banned
Yea, I saw this. Very sad.

Then again, I guess it's worth it. I think that if they can fix small quirks with the combat, it's worth putting it out a little later.

Trevelyan

Banned
The article states the original release date was Sept. 26.. that's the release date for the PAL version, the American is still slated for Aug. 14 as far as I know.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Any word on how missions will unfold? Primary and secondary objectives ala Rogue Squadron? Medal system?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
careksims said:
Looks bad ass. I love the sense of scale with all the dragons on one screen. Oh man! Next month baby!

Yeah, but it's brown. I kid, I kid. Pics are super slow loading for me, but they do indeed, look bad ass.

dark10x

Yeah, the fire looked much better in the recent trailer. I'm glad to see it as that was previously one of the weakest visual aspects of the game.

Raistlin

joshcryer said:
Let's see that tower again. In 1080p. kthxbye

999_0008.jpg

This is why ... especially for a flight game ... 1080p is the way to go. You can simply resolve things from a far greater distance.

Flo_Evans

its looks really good, but the gameplay looks like rouge squadron on dragons.... I think I am gonna wait for the demo before I buy.

The Jason

DarkMastaChief said:
...Are you guys joking. Those screens look horrid.
MastaChief, I think you hit the reply button in the wrong thread. You must have been viewing the 1080p Halo 3 screen shots..... oh wait.

The Jason said:
MastaChief, I think you hit the reply button in the wrong thread. You must have been viewing the 1080p Halo 3 screen shots..... oh wait.

Ugh. That's like seeing someone pissing on your kitchen floor and then crouching down and taking a shit right next him.

"TAKE THAT."

dark10x

DarkMastaChief said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA Don't ever compare Halo's graphics to trash like this.
Are you serious? This looks fantastic and is clearly a step ahead of Halo 3 (technically speaking). Of course, I do prefer the art direction of Halo...

JB1981

DarkMastaChief said:
...Are you guys joking. Those screens look horrid.
The gameplay might look stale but Factor 5 is actually doing some mighty impressive things with the engine they've created for this game. But did you just stop in here to say "THIS LOOKS LIKE ASS HAHAHAHAAA" like a 5 year old or what?

Nozi

Banned
Day one purchase.

Factor 5 are the kings of tech.. if nothing else this will be a great showcase of the PS3's power.

jjasper

That PSN video got me exicted about this.

Anyone got an over/under on DarkMastaChief getting to 10 posts?

dark10x said:
Yeah, I just noticed that as well. Clearly not a standard member.

I think there is a timeframe for being a junior too like 3 months or 50 posts whichever comes first.

Of course I'm not a standard member.

But lair's graphics are a joke. Not in the top 10, not even in the top 20 games coming out this year.

No wait, I take that back, Lair is a joke as a game.

dark10x

jjasper said:
Anyone got an over/under on DarkMastaChief getting to 10 posts?

I think there is a timeframe for being a junior too like 3 months or 50 posts whichever comes first.
What I'm more curious about is what exactly prompted them to use that account after so many months and for nothing more than a random Lair troll. Very bizarre.

Top Bottom