• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New launch Trailer for Xbox Console Exclusive "Black Desert" Revealed! (Launches Tomorrow March 4th!)

14865.jpg

Op March 3rd, 2019

Developed by Korean video game developer Pearl Abyss, Black Desert Online was initially released in 2016, exclusively on PC. Three years after its original debut, the critically acclaimed MMORPG is officially coming to Xbox One on March 4th.
The action-oriented MMO gives the player a chance to freely explore a huge open world alone or in a group of friends, engage in massive battles, or just invest their time in learning how to farm, fish and trade. By March 2017, Black Desert Online had 3.4 million registered players in North America and Europe, but that number will surely grow fast in the next couple of days when the XO port releases
According to Pearl Abyss, the Xbox One X edition of Black Desert Online will feature some 4K and HDR enhancements, but no further details have been released yet. The MMO is available in Early Access on XO right now, so be sure to take a closer look at Black Desert's core features in its launch trailer below:

[Video for trailer at top of thread]

Less than a month after Crackdown 3, Black Desert is the second Console Exclusive to release on Xbox One during the 1st half of the year also known as the "off-season" and it couldn't be a better time. Finally we will be having the first (2nd?) year of having big releases across the year and what better title than Black Desert.

Black Desert will be a game to show off the Xbox One X, and is an open world MMO-style RPG in Jrpg aesthetics and some Jrpg mechancis with some general WRPG MMO mechancis as well.

Based on the beta, if you liked FFXII or the recent Final Fantasy XIV, you'll be loving black dessert (imo). It also launches tomorrow, and while not confirmed, rumor is it'll be on Xbox gamepass! So it it is that gives more incentive to try!

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I held off on buying this due to the immense grind but if it’s going on game pass... that’s huge news. I’ll definitely play it.

Geki-D

Banned
Insane character creation
You can put a lot of detail into your waifu but male characters are lacking. Or at least that was my experience with it back on PC.

Not a bad game but man, one of the most grindiest I've ever played. To learn about some enemies (which you have to do for quite a few quests) you can literally be stuck in a field killing scores of them for hours upon hours.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
It's a good game on PC, but I'd say get it on Xbox only if you don't have a PC that can run the PC version comfortably.

A lot of people rave about the character creation, which is great, but the really awesome thing about this game is the enormous open world, which unlike many is very dense and interesting (on top of looking gorgeous). It also keeps expanding for free, which is awesome.

That being said...

Based on the beta, if you liked FFXII or the recent Final Fantasy XIV, you'll be loving black dessert. It also launched tomorrow, and while not confirmed, rumor is it'll be on Xbox gamepass!

I really don't know where this comparison comes from. It really has nothing to do with either FFXII or even less so Final Fantasy XIV, besides the first being an RPG which in some areas seemed to want to be an MMORPG, and the second being an MMORPG.

Last edited:
It's a good game on PC, but I'd say get it on Xbox only if you don't have a PC that can run the PC version comfortably.

That being said...

I really don't know where this comparison comes from. It really has nothing to do with either FFXII or even less so Final Fantasy XIV, besides the first being an RPG which in some areas seemed to want to be an MMORPG, and the second being an MMORPG.

I played it on PC and even with a decent rig I felt I was having technical issues. This was awhile ago, admittedly. Wonder how it plays on Xbox

Sodapops

Neo Member
I'm skeptical about this game. Been looking for a good new MMORPG for a long time and was getting really hyped about this one!

But then did some research and friends that have played it as well as steam reviews all say that it becomes very pay2win in the sense that late game if you want to get ahead its all microtransactions, or the grind time becomes overly ridiculous.

Anyone that's played it able to give me their input???

splattered

Being that it's now on console they could always adjust the "grinding" … devs seem to bow to console users more easily than they do PC users.

I refunded it because I was getting freezing issues, screen tearing and bad framerate. Very disappointed they released it in that state.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I held off on buying this due to the immense grind but if it’s going on game pass... that’s huge news. I’ll definitely play it.

Edit:
Hold up, what!? It might be on gamepass? That's it...I'm paying $180 dollars a year in subscriptions...

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hold up, what!? It's going to game pass?

Was wondering the same - has this been confirmed, or is this just OP's wild speculation?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Can you transfer your old character from PC over? Or can you use your PC account and maintain the unlocks? I remember buying the 100 dollar version on launch and loving a lot of the game, until the store became full Pay 2 Win.

Stuart360

Edit:
Hold up, what!? It might be on gamepass? That's it...I'm paying $180 dollars a year in subscriptions...
Eh?, i thought this game didnt have a subscription?, i thought you bought the game and it was free to play, outside of microtransactions of course.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
what an OP xD
so pricing ?

NTgFbyE.png

For the record, I don't know what any of these "extras" actually are or what they do. Pets make sense, and I guess pearl boxes are used to buy stuff in the in-game store...?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
no offense but .. 1/12th portion of a video game for a tenner.
so full game is 120 euro by this logic.
i am out even before the damn game is out. go milk some other tool.

Mithos

For the record, I don't know what any of these "extras" actually are or what they do. Pets make sense, and I guess pearl boxes are used to buy stuff in the in-game store...?

Pearl Box is indeed used for the store ingame (aka cash shop).
Pets are your auto-loot while grinding so you do not have to stop and loot manually (you can have 4 or 5 pets up at the same time, they also help in other ways)
Maid (spawn an NPC and drop items into your town storage from outside town (while grinding)
Value Packs are access to editing your character/armor (coloring), inventory slots/town storage slots and exp boost and more.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
no offense but .. 1/12th portion of a video game for a tenner.
so full game is 120 euro by this logic.
i am out even before the damn game is out. go milk some other tool.
What are you going on about? Where are you getting 120 from?

Anyway, game is a lot of fun. Plenty of enjoyment for 10 dollars.

Last edited:

Ichabod

Banned
Always wanted to give it a whirl but the lack of any serious endgame pve content is a major boner killer.

Freeman76

I put a lot of hours into the PC version of this, and wouldnt mind revisiting on console but the screen tear was shite in the beta. Also, are there any differences between console and PC version, as if there arent i imagne the controls are a fucking nightmare

Heinrich

Banned
$60 for xbox live, $120 a year for game pass.

You can get Xbox live for much cheaper than that. $30 a year. You can buy just 3x 1 year and then just convert it to ultimate for $1.

Then you have 3 years of:

xbox live
Xbox game pass xbox
Xbox game pass PC

For $91.

It’s still on gamepass btw.

Last edited:
Top Bottom