• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Leaked Warner Bros. Multiversus images

Draugoth

Gold Member
This seems to be it:

FC0uUe8VEAAWdc_
FC0uU8_VIAAEWe_

FC0uVdfVcAUKsc6
pPkTMRU.jpeg
FC0uWAoVQAM_27D

Last edited:

Barlow

Finn plays like Coin Battle (think like Steve in Smash, where he needs resources in a way)
- Shaggy is literally based entirely on Ultra Instinct Shaggy
- No sign of Morty in Rick's moveset
- No sign of Big Chungus in Bugs's moveset
- Garnet from Steven Universe and Arya from Game of Thrones are in [This is extremely significant as it confirms that different playtesters had different, incomplete rosters. This explains how the Reddit leak, hbox photo leak, and now this guy know about characters the others don't.
- Bat Cave, Finn's Treehouse, and Schwifty Planet are stages. They have multiple variants, but that's likely the devs just testing which one they want.
- Every alt is a full costume. Since the game is a WIP, some characters have multiple alts and some have none. The alts he saw include Pickle Rick, OG Harley, Bizarro Superman, Cake (female cat Jake), Pirate Tom & Jerry, Gentleman Shaggy. VAs change for alts
- It's %-based, like Smash, if that wasn't already obvious.
- Rick is projectile-heavy, and uses his portal gun, leaving portals that allies can go through, but not enemies. Also has an AoE attack that turns you into a helpless baby version of the OC.
- Tom and Jerry is more like Rosalina & Luma, with Jerry being Luma, except Jerry can't be hurt. Stuff like an attack where Tom swings a tennis racket and Jerry is the ball.
- OC is named Rein maybe

Its absolutely incredible how many popular IPs Warner Brothers owns. It would have been extremely difficult to sell their gaming division without their properties.

Fbh

Yeah looks more like mock up or concept than actual screenshots.

Weird that it took 20 years for everyone to start making Smash clones.

theHFIC

This game would be God Tier if they add in Steven Seagal as Mason Storm from Hard to Kill (WB property) or maybe the entire cast of Goodfellas.

I am guessing Lethal Weapon DLC would be too controversial because of Mel Gibson though.

Codes 208

im already in if true just because i prefer CN characters over nick.
How long ago was that sony one? Its like after it tried and failed no one wanted to try until brawlhalla.

oh right, CN also made one around the same time as sony but it definitely fell into obscurity

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I saw one of these with SpongeBob. Do we need another one of these really? After Sony’s failure I thought companies would be done with them.

Notabueno

Banned
Either this is a conception mock-up or this is really rough, in any ways this looks like it'll be as wack and badly designed as all latest WB movies and games

Fox Mulder

WB and Cartoon Network/Adult Swim will make an amazing roster. Hope the gameplay is good.

Last edited:

Holammer

Fortnite paved the way and popularized IP mashups, connected universe, multiverses or whatever you wanna call 'em. So now you have Pickle Rick in Siege.
Nobody cares for a consistent universe anymore, because mouth-breather kids on Ritalin is the new audience and they have the allowance to pay for it. Want something off the ground fast? Why not a Smash clone.

Aldric

Smash clones have existed since at least the early 2000s, the most significant titles from that era are probably DreamMix TV World Fighters, Jump Superstars and Battle Stadium D.O.N.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Smash clones have existed since at least the early 2000s, the most significant titles from that era are probably DreamMix TV World Fighters, Jump Superstars and Battle Stadium D.O.N.
Most early smash clones missed the entire point because they used health instead of % based knock back system. Which made them closed to Power stone instead of smash.

Hugare

Gandalf against Wonder Woman is so fucking weird

Sure, you have a lot of random picks in Smash, but at least they are all from videogames

Sakurai's "only vg characters" rule makes so much sense now

Last edited:

Griffon

Just a bunch of concept pictures to illustrate the game idea. Don't expect this to go into production.

Last edited:

Diddy X

Is that Dumbledore or Gandalf, they both could be in the game I think? Throw in every character Warner owns and maybe we can have a fun Smash competitor.

tkscz

What the fuck man Warner Bros. have the rights to Adventure Time?
Warner owns Cartoon Network/Adult Swim. Warner owns a lot more than people seem to think. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, DC, HBO, TNT, TBS list goes on.

Though I have to wonder why they'd want to make a game like this.

Top Bottom