• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Lego Star Wars game in development

Bullet Club

New Lego Star Wars game in development

Roll it again...

Search your feelings and you'll know a brand new Lego Star Wars game is in development. Or, if you're not tuned in to the Force, you can just search online instead.

Over the weekend, Skywalker Sound's Matt Wood briefly mentioned he was working on a new Lego Star Wars project during Star Wars Celebration. You can see a clip of the conversation below.

Lego game publisher Warner Bros. has yet to announce the game, but Skywalker Sound is the official Disney-owned audio company behind the Star Wars franchise, among various other things, so you'd expect Wood to know what he was talking about.

And, separately, Eurogamer has heard word of the title from sources close to its production. From what I understand, it's an ambitious project.

The hugely successful Lego Star Wars series has so far adapted the space opera's prequel trilogy, original trilogy, Clone Wars TV show and devoted an entire game to Episode 7: The Force Awakens.

Excitingly, I've heard this next game is more than just an adaptation of the saga's remaining two episodes, The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker. While these episodes will be included, the project is designed to tell the story of the entire saga and I've heard it described as the "ultimate" Lego Star Wars game. Expect to see it announced later this year.

We've contacted Warner Bros. for more.

Source: Eurogamer

xrnzaaas

It's quite a mass how Traveller's Tales covers movie licences. Some games cover one movie, some cover multiple films, some important movies are simply ignored (LEGO Hobbit and lack of content for The Battle of the Five Armies).

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

It's quite a mass how Traveller's Tales covers movie licences. Some games cover one movie, some cover multiple films, some important movies are simply ignored (LEGO Hobbit and lack of content for The Battle of the Five Armies).
It wasn't ignored, it was supposed to be DLC but the sales weren't as high as they expected so they silently cancelled it.

Lego Star wars episode 7 was much more enjoyable than the horrible movie.

I mean, I'm in, I guess. I thought LEGO Clone Wars was one of the better LEGO games.

I feel like the LEGO games have gotten worse recently. I think LEGO City Undercover and LEGO Dimensions were kind of the high point, and after that, they've been kind of generic and by the books. I still like the open hub worlds, but I think the formula has kind of been played out to the point where there's serious franchise fatigue. I haven't even checked out LEGO Incredibles, DC Villains, Avengers, Marvel Superheroes 2, Ninjago, or LEGO Movie 2... wow, I've missed a lot. But the LEGO games still represent about 90% of platinum trophies.

JSoup

Banned
The general consensus is the LEGO Marvel games are fun, but just too jam with needlessly trivial pixel hunting and busy work. DC Villains and Ninjago are much more manageable in that regard. I'm working through Incredibles now and it's much more like City Undercover in execution.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Lego Star Wars: The Actual Complete Saga?
build the environments out of lego or i riot

xrnzaaas

It wasn't ignored, it was supposed to be DLC but the sales weren't as high as they expected so they silently cancelled it.

Lego Star wars episode 7 was much more enjoyable than the horrible movie.
Yeah I know about that, should've used a different word. TT should've simply waited for all three movies to be released so they could cover all of them. But no, they went for the money which ended up not being there after all.

JimiNutz

Banned
I haven't played a Lego Star Wars game since early in the 360 gen. I'd def be interested in a complete saga game.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
So I’m guessing there are three ways this will go:

A) just release the games in one pack as is, no enhancements other than 4k for pro/x, just like Harry Potter. New chevos though, but the same thing - worst case.

2) release the games in one game like they did Lego Indy 2, where the original stuff is remade to be a lot shorter and truncated but it’s an original game - not bad, doable, but would they?

D) remake every game from the ground up, give them all new models, textures, levels, the works. Give it the send off t deserves - doubt that would happen but would make me so happy.

BigBooper

The open world Lego games are pretty good. Like Lego Marvel and Lego City Undercover. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: If they are spanning the entire series though, I guess it's pretty unlikely this will be like those.:messenger_pensive:

Top Bottom