• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "Lost Magic DS" Pics from US Build

Emotions

700355p1.html

lostmagic-20060406022723594.jpg

lostmagic-20060406022724204.jpg

lostmagic-20060406022724594.jpg

lostmagic-20060406022725047.jpg

lostmagic-20060406022725485.jpg

lostmagic-20060406022726047.jpg

lostmagic-20060406022726500.jpg

lostmagic-20060406022727047.jpg

lostmagic-20060320014842861.jpg

Who's getting this?
I surely am, i just love the concept of the game and so far from the impressions of the fellow japanese gamers have been quite positive.

neptunes

looks shitty,

Where are all the "REAL" rts games?
I was expecting this handheld to be an rts powerhouse :(

Warfare Incorporated can't be THAT hard to port over can it?

02.jpg
0000000120_pkXv87877.gif

SpiffyG

Please tell me that hand only shows up during tutorials.

So could this be the first good game from Taito since Sonic Blast Man? And that wasn't a good game either, it just had a flippin' awesome name!

ethelred

The game looks great, and I'll definitely be getting it. I can't resist any portable RPGs, and this one seems like it'll be a whole lot better than Lunar/Tao and the PSP library to date.

neptunes said:
looks shitty,

Where are all the "REAL" rts games?
I was expecting this handheld to be an rts powerhouse :(

Warfare Incorporated can't be THAT hard to port over can it?

02.jpg
0000000120_pkXv87877.gif

playing RTS at that res is craptastic... aoe is a pretty good game, but seriously... not what it should be. with a more reasonable res, i agree the ds could be rts-tastic.

neptunes

meltpotato said:
playing RTS at that res is craptastic... aoe is a pretty good game, but seriously... not what it should be. with a more reasonable res, i agree the ds could be rts-tastic.
Have you played Warfare incorporated? The game can be played at almost any shitty resolution and still be fun. (played it on a crappy Tungsten|e Palm Pilot)

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I wouldn't have given this a second thought if Ghibli didn't do the art. The movie I saw a few weeks ago didn't look too promising.

ethelred

sonarrat said:
Oh, it's an RTS... then I'll be able to resist it with no effort whatsoever. :/

It's not really a true RTS. It's an RPG, but there's a real-time strategy movement system involved -- similar to Ogre Battle, Ogre Battle 64, and the Growlanser games. That's my understanding of things.

It's still at its core an RPG, though, as the characters are leveling up through their actions.

Jonnyram

This game has problems.

1. There's an almost impossible level really early on, and randomly stupid hard ones after that.
2. The ally pathfinding is absolutely retarded.

Also, that hand is not in the game, it's a photo to demonstrate how to play in screenshots, I guess.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Lhadatt said:
:lol

That pentagram thing won't fly in the US if the Christians hear about this.

Paging Jack Thompson, Jack Thompson please report to GameStop immediately...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Eh, it has to be an inverted pentagram for it to be directly tied to Satanism....

wikipedia said:
Satanists use an inverted Pythagorean pentagram (one point down), often inscribed in a double circle, with the head of Baphomet inside the pentagram. They use it much the same way as the Pythagoreans - after all, Tartaros does mean Hell in Christian terminology (the word is used as such in the Bible, referring to the place where the fallen angels are fettered). The pythagorean Greek letters are most often replaced by the Hebrew letters לויתן forming the name Leviathan. Less esoteric Satanists (LaVeyan types; the ones that exist in abundance) use it as a sign of rebellion or religious identification, the three downward points symbolising rejection of the holy Trinity.

But yeah, Pagans, all the other religions zealous Christians don't agree with, etc etc

ethelred

Lost Fragment said:
Eh, it has to be an inverted pentagram for it to be directly tied to Satanism....

But yeah, Pagans, all the other religions zealous Christians don't agree with, etc etc

Atheists are Satanists, too.

Beezy said:
Wtf at the guy's hand. The screens on the DS are not that big.
Total. He must be using the DS Might.

Jonnyram said:
This game has problems.

1. There's an almost impossible level really early on, and randomly stupid hard ones after that.
Would it be possible to level up to counter that? Or is it more like Fire Emblem?

"Doctor!"

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Alcibiades said:
can somebody explain the "doctor!" comment being funny?

I guess it has something to do with another DS game...

Reference to Trauma Center, where you have to draw a Pentagram to activate an ability.

taddpoll

I've been following this one for a while now, and the more I see, the more I want.

I've seen some vids before, but can't remember where. They were pretty smooth.

I'll probably be picking this up if all goes well.

A RTS with WiFi on a handheld thats on fire.

Top Bottom