• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Lost Planet 3 Screenshots

lolstplanet.jpg

hahahaha

This. This, is exactly what I saw as well.

Coxswain

...hmm doesnt look as good as I remember it.

Image quality was really rough on the PS3 version. It was noticeably better on the 360, and the PC version was just beautiful. Generally the game looked pretty damn good.

This game still just doesn't look even remotely like Lost Planet to me. It just comes off as a Generic Sci-Fi Shooter From Spark Unlimited.

kamspy

The story is going to be entirely singleplayer. It's also going to be open world. Outside you will have to deal with dynamic weather storms as well as massive akrid. When exploring inside caves and abandoned facilities it will feel a little more like Dead Space. The mech is the source of your on screen HUD, so the further away you get from it while exploring the less and less HUD you have.

Aside from that there is going to be a separate co-op mode and a 10 player competitive multiplayer.

That sounds awesome.

Now tell me there will be a PC version.

Dacon

Banned
he needs a gimp mask like the one in your avatar.

His facial features suit a glacial scene like that in a kind of like a futuristic viking sort of way.

So, your defense of how goofy he looks is attacking my avatar as if it somehow relates to how the main character of this looks.

Don't be silly guy.

EDIT: Also, gimp mask really? that's unnecessarily offensive bro

Wow - the lead character is the most bland ever.

Can't believe Ninja Theory got so much stick for DmC and while something like this, which is devoid of all personality, doesn't cause a similar reaction.

Is this MT FRAMEWORK? Something is off about the IQ, textures or lighting (all three), it all looks weirdly flat.

Why the fuck won't Capcom let Japanese artists do the art and have a western developer build the game - then we get the best of both worlds rather than east trying to imitate west and vice versa?

KingJ2002

looks good... but... weird

need to see some gameplay to form a real opinion on this game.

hopefully e3 will provide.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This turned into some kind of Dreamworks film.

Edit: Oh shit, didn't see this...

I know what his face reminded me of:

Dreamworks Capcom
But it's the whole art style, not just his face.

Luigiv

Hmm. The characters are lacking in texture (as in they look too smooth and lacking in fine detail, not that their texture resolution is bad, per se) but some of those vistas look really nice. I'd have to see it in motion before making any judgement calls.

I am really tired of overbearing color grading. In games, in movies, in everything.

ss08_zoom.jpg

You can make a snowy environment without tinting the entire scene blue, you know.

Posting as one of the few people on the board who still plays LPC and LP2 online:

It looks utterly godawful - nothing like the Asian elegance and grace that LP should be about. I can forgive them for this beefcake, Jesus-like main character as long as they give us multiple models to select from for multiplayer (maybe even less us mix and match like LP2). Seriously, is it a requirement for your characters to be beefy in an Unreal-powered game?

I wonder if they'll manage to keep any of the Monster Hunter-esque mechanics, namely the physics of LP1 and 2, without MT Framework. They have the director of the previous LP games, and are hiring new staff like crazy, but who knows?

Also they're still scaring the shit out of me with the camera orientation. It really belongs in the center, jerks - there are reasons it's like that Monster Hunter and LP1. I doubt there were any LP2 vets who would not immediately switch to Camera 2 after a few minutes of playing, because it put you at a disadvantage to have it over-the-shoulder when you're throwing grenades, using the grappling hook, or timing your frame advantages. Please do not reduce this complex TPS to Gears of War or Dead Space.

how much would you be willing to bet that's not the case? It's lost planet - i'm not expecting a story arc that goes beyond lets kill from some ice monsters and blow some shit up.

It's really a case of giving them enough rope to hang themselves with, also the looks like me, so the idea that I would be a generic videogame character is a bit unnerving.

Liamario

Banned
Is it possible for someone to add some screen tearing to those shots so we can get a better idea of the quality of the game?

highrider

Banned
lost planet holds a special spot for me. hope this one turns out well. need gameplay. oh, and no moar nom de guerre plz.

Sojgat

Screens look ok, but the main character needs a helmet or something when he's outside. Running around an ice planet with your head exposed looks really dumb.

Edit: The whole look of the game reminds me of Red Faction: Armageddon, but you know, with snow and stuff.

Screens look ok, but the main character needs a helmet or something when he's outside. Running around an ice planet with your head exposed looks really dumb.

Edit: The whole look of the game reminds me of Red Faction: Armageddon, but you know, with snow and stuff.
You add a helmet and he loses a face which makes him appear less human and more monster/machine.

Not saying I'm against it or not, but I'm positive this is the reason the character designers at Capcom and Spark didn't give him a helmet.

Top Bottom