• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Lufia (Estpolis) will be announced soon

Aug 30, 2009
12,189
0
0
lucablight said:
I hear this game didn't sell very well in Japan. Anyone know what the reason for this could be? Is the Lufia series not very popular in Japan or is it possible that the public was turned off by the action from turn based to action rpg?

Also with the 4 warriors of light looking like it's heading over here anyone think there's a chance of this getting localised?
I don't think this Lufia game is even out in Japan.

I just want to know if it'll be localized when it does come out.
 

lucablight

Member
Jun 10, 2008
1,570
0
750
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I don't think this Lufia game is even out in Japan.

I just want to know if it'll be localized when it does come out.
?
This game has been out in Japan since February.
 

Hours Left

Member
Jun 28, 2006
33,689
1
0
lucablight said:
I hear this game didn't sell very well in Japan. Anyone know what the reason for this could be? Is the Lufia series not very popular in Japan or is it possible that the public was turned off by the action from turn based to action rpg?
I would say it's a combination of the two. The Lufia series had been MIA for a while and this new installment was so different than it's predecessors that it bothered a portion the die hard fans.

The game didn't have much presence besides the name, so the fact that it divided the core fan base probably didn't help.
 

lucablight

Member
Jun 10, 2008
1,570
0
750
Gunloc said:
I would say it's a combination of the two. The Lufia series had been MIA for a while and this new installment was so different than it's predecessors that it bothered a portion the die hard fans.

The game didn't have much presence besides the name, so the fact that it divided the core fan base probably didn't help.
Wasn't Dragon quest IX changed from being an action rpg to turn based because of the fear of a backlash by fans? So much for the producer of this game saying turn based is old. Sounds like he outsmarted himself.
 

Shouta

Member
Jun 6, 2004
32,836
656
1,725
I finished the game about two weeks ago but I haven't had time to do a write-up on it.
 

lucablight

Member
Jun 10, 2008
1,570
0
750
Shouta said:
I finished the game about two weeks ago but I haven't had time to do a write-up on it.
Looking forward to it. Being a Rise of the sinistrals fan I hope this is half as good.
 

Shouta

Member
Jun 6, 2004
32,836
656
1,725
Neat. Been too busy to work on my impressions but I may do it right now since I have time.
 

Metnut

Member
Jul 18, 2017
127
198
240
Is this game worth tracking? I was a huge fan of Lufia 2 back in the day and just found out it got remade.

Is the series otherwise dead? Any chance of another entry at some point?
 
  • Triggered
Reactions: TempleOfIron

Metnut

Member
Jul 18, 2017
127
198
240
Freaking ass. I thought this was something new. Don't bump decade old threads for no reason.
I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to mislead.

I want to hear from people who played the remake (there’s not really a lot of talk about it in this thread) and didn’t want to start a new thread.
 

Pallas

Gold Member
May 9, 2018
2,818
3,334
595
Tennessee
Ah Lufia, I really loved these two games on the SNES. Lufia 1 was one of my first JRPG’s... Never got around playing the RoS remake on the DS but I’m not sure if I’d like it anyway.

also, got my hopes up when this thread was bumped. :/
 
  • Love
Reactions: God Enel

Metnut

Member
Jul 18, 2017
127
198
240
I don’t want to keep bumping the thread so just posting one last time now since it’s close to the top.

I apologize again. Really sorry 😞
 
  • Love
Reactions: God Enel

Shouta

Member
Jun 6, 2004
32,836
656
1,725
What year is it!?

The DS remake is okay for what it is but largely disappointing since it does so much different compared to the original and not for the better. It's a decent play but nothing like what fans wanted.

Also just make a new thread if you can lol
 

10000

Member
Jun 30, 2019
420
439
350
wow Shouta Shouta , you post at this same page ten years ago, you are so old

great longevity, this blow my mind
 
Last edited: