new Lufia (Estpolis) will be announced soon

lucablight said:
I hear this game didn't sell very well in Japan. Anyone know what the reason for this could be? Is the Lufia series not very popular in Japan or is it possible that the public was turned off by the action from turn based to action rpg?

Also with the 4 warriors of light looking like it's heading over here anyone think there's a chance of this getting localised?
I don't think this Lufia game is even out in Japan.

I just want to know if it'll be localized when it does come out.

lucablight said:
I hear this game didn't sell very well in Japan. Anyone know what the reason for this could be? Is the Lufia series not very popular in Japan or is it possible that the public was turned off by the action from turn based to action rpg?
I would say it's a combination of the two. The Lufia series had been MIA for a while and this new installment was so different than it's predecessors that it bothered a portion the die hard fans.

The game didn't have much presence besides the name, so the fact that it divided the core fan base probably didn't help.

Gunloc said:
I would say it's a combination of the two. The Lufia series had been MIA for a while and this new installment was so different than it's predecessors that it bothered a portion the die hard fans.

The game didn't have much presence besides the name, so the fact that it divided the core fan base probably didn't help.
Wasn't Dragon quest IX changed from being an action rpg to turn based because of the fear of a backlash by fans? So much for the producer of this game saying turn based is old. Sounds like he outsmarted himself.