• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Lufia (Estpolis) will be announced soon

lucablight said:
I hear this game didn't sell very well in Japan. Anyone know what the reason for this could be? Is the Lufia series not very popular in Japan or is it possible that the public was turned off by the action from turn based to action rpg?

Also with the 4 warriors of light looking like it's heading over here anyone think there's a chance of this getting localised?
I don't think this Lufia game is even out in Japan.

I just want to know if it'll be localized when it does come out.

lucablight said:
I hear this game didn't sell very well in Japan. Anyone know what the reason for this could be? Is the Lufia series not very popular in Japan or is it possible that the public was turned off by the action from turn based to action rpg?
I would say it's a combination of the two. The Lufia series had been MIA for a while and this new installment was so different than it's predecessors that it bothered a portion the die hard fans.

The game didn't have much presence besides the name, so the fact that it divided the core fan base probably didn't help.

Gunloc said:
I would say it's a combination of the two. The Lufia series had been MIA for a while and this new installment was so different than it's predecessors that it bothered a portion the die hard fans.

The game didn't have much presence besides the name, so the fact that it divided the core fan base probably didn't help.

Wasn't Dragon quest IX changed from being an action rpg to turn based because of the fear of a backlash by fans? So much for the producer of this game saying turn based is old. Sounds like he outsmarted himself.

Metnut

Is this game worth tracking? I was a huge fan of Lufia 2 back in the day and just found out it got remade.

Is the series otherwise dead? Any chance of another entry at some point?

Metnut

Freaking ass. I thought this was something new. Don't bump decade old threads for no reason.

I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to mislead.

I want to hear from people who played the remake (there’s not really a lot of talk about it in this thread) and didn’t want to start a new thread.

Pallas

Ah Lufia, I really loved these two games on the SNES. Lufia 1 was one of my first JRPG’s... Never got around playing the RoS remake on the DS but I’m not sure if I’d like it anyway.

also, got my hopes up when this thread was bumped. :/

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
NEW LUFIA!!!!!

*looks at thread date*

tenor.gif

Metnut

I don’t want to keep bumping the thread so just posting one last time now since it’s close to the top.

I apologize again. Really sorry 😞

Shouta

What year is it!?

The DS remake is okay for what it is but largely disappointing since it does so much different compared to the original and not for the better. It's a decent play but nothing like what fans wanted.

Also just make a new thread if you can lol

Top Bottom