• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New major publisher coming to GoG

epmode

Now everyone will get a chance to play the greatest game ever made: Tie Fighter.

It sure as hell is up there.

What I wouldn't do for a real X-Wing/TIE Figher sequel. Or at least a re-release with better support for high resolutions and complicated HOTAS setups. At least we have Star Citizen, Elite and Enemy Starfighter!

tsomi7.gif

mclem

It's a shame that GOG doesn't support that right off the bat. I still have some Zork and old Sierra titles that don't let me download the .EXE separately.

Well, in the case of the Zorks, you shouldn't need an executable - just feed the .ZIP into an appropriate Z-code interpreter.

Edit: Actually, I think the Zork ZIP files had the extension .DAT instead.

Dsyndrome

I've got all the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games from the Windows 95 collections, and they're a bitch to try to get working on Windows 7. I'd cry tears of joy if they show up on GoG and rebuy them all in a second, along with Rebel Assault, Galactic Battlegrounds...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
List of LucasArts games on Wikipedia, pre-2005, released on DOS or Windows, excluding stuff that's already on Steam (although they could certainly re-release, it'd obviously be less significant that original releases), bold for notable stuff:

PHM Pegasus
Maniac Mansion
Strike Fleet
Battlehawks 1942
Zac McKracken
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: Platformer
Pipe Dream
Their Finest Hour
Masterblazer
Night Shift
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Indiana Jones and the Fates of Atlantis: Platformer
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Star Wars: Chess
Star Wars: Rebel Assault
Star Wars: X-Wing
Star Wars: TIE Fighter

Full Throttle * Updated remake coming from DoubleFine.
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II
Afterlife
Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures
Mortimer and the Riddles of Medallion
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Curse of Monkey Island
Outlaws
Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
Star Wars: Yoda Stories
Grim Fandango * Updated remake from DoubleFine.
Star Wars: Behind the Magic
Star Wars: Rebellion
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
Escape from Monkey Island
Star Wars Episode I: Battle for Naboo
Star Wars: Force Commander
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Star Wars: Battlefront

khaaan

NINTENDO JOINS THE FR-

Oh. Lucas Arts would be cool too, there are a tonne of games I would love to experience. I hope the Lucas Learning stuff makes it in somewhere too. Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier is an absolute favorite of mine.

List of LucasArts games on Wikipedia, pre-2005, released on DOS or Windows, excluding stuff that's already on Steam (although they could certainly re-release, it'd obviously be less significant that original releases), bold for notable stuff:

PHM Pegasus
Maniac Mansion
Strike Fleet
Battlehawks 1942
Zac McKracken
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: Platformer
Pipe Dream
Their Finest Hour
Masterblazer
Night Shift
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Indiana Jones and the Fates of Atlantis: Platformer
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Star Wars: Chess
Star Wars: Rebel Assault
Star Wars: X-Wing
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Full Throttle
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II
Afterlife
Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures
Mortimer and the Riddles of Medallion
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Curse of Monkey Island
Outlaws
Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
Star Wars: Yoda Stories
Grim Fandango
Star Wars: Behind the Magic
Star Wars: Rebellion
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
Escape from Monkey Island
Star Wars Episode I: Battle for Naboo
Star Wars: Force Commander
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Star Wars: Battlefront

I'm drooling

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
As long as I can get Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy and have them work online without the need for a CD I'll be happy.

Back then I tried to play my copy of JO with a no-CD crack but it wouldn't let me play online. I had to put the CD in :/.

Fondly remember Rogue Squadron and Episode 1: Racer too, but God, were they hard! Especially Racer.

Sendero

Secret weapons of the Luftwaffe and Tie Fighter, such an engrossing and atmospheric games. All without lengthy cutscenes. Games are not done that way anymore! yellingatclouds.tif

Is the PC version of podracer as good as the n64 one? I imagine the graphics and sound are a bit better, is it possible to play in 60fps?

Star Wars: Behind The Magic is where it's at. Like your own personal Star Wars wiki, plus a ton of BTS clips and four deleted scenes from ANH. One of my favorite games from the 90's.

epmode

Is the PC version of podracer as good as the n64 one? I imagine the graphics and sound are a bit better, is it possible to play in 60fps?

I haven't played it in ages but I definitely remember 60 FPS. I'd be shocked if it was worse than the N64 version.

Episode 1 Racer should be bolded in that list, BTW. Probably the only prequel game I like (although I haven't played Republic Commando).

The other X-Wing games are great too!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
As long as I can get Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy and have them work online without the need for a CD I'll be happy.

Back then I tried to play my copy of JO with a no-CD crack but it wouldn't let me play online. I had to put the CD in :/.

Those are both on Steam FYI.

I haven't played it in ages but I definitely remember 60 FPS. I'd be shocked if it was worse than the N64 version.

That'd be cool then. I ask because the N64 was probably the closest console gaming ever came to the bleeding edge of what was possible on pc so a poor port wouldn't necessarily be better..

Although now I look at its wiki page, the pc version was the base off which the n64 was ported from, which I did not know.

Man I would be hyped if GOG got everything in their catalogue out.

tauke

Oh man I'm so excited for this. So many Lucasarts games that I missed out during my childhood because I only have access to Sierra Adventure games from my cousin.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Those are both on Steam FYI.

The Steam versions don't work online?

Oh, now that you mention it I believe I've seen them yeah... But I don't want to buy them on Steam if I can help it, for the same reason I bought Grimrock 2 on GOG instead of Steam: DRM-free, no client needed, unlimited unrestricted copies. I barely use Steam these days anyway.

I completely forgot about those indy 3d platformers as well. Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine would be awesome to finally play, get to hear Doug Lee as indy again too

Dr Dogg

Hmmmmm Indy looking font? Star Wars looking font? Monkey Island looking font? Yeah I'm trying to contain my excitement... trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny, when I saw the site earlier, Lucasarts was the first publisher I thought of. So excited to think it might actually be true.

TIE Fighter pls, it's been too long...

I'm curious what they'll do with SOMI. In an ideal world we'd get both the floppy version with the stump joke and the extra verbs as well as the CD version.

Not really fussed if we get the recent remake or not.

Top Bottom