• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Majora's Mask 3DS vs N64 side by side graphics comparison

Gleethor

I hope that both oot3d and mm3d see HD releases some day. Maybe next year along with WWHD and remasters of TP and SS for Zelda's 30th?

zeldarocks

Neo Member
The Goron punch is now A LOT faster, there's no delay in his animations.

BTW:

Does anybody have the official artwork WITHOUT the logo? I'm talking about the panoramic one showing off the entire game.

deleted

This is pretty cool - they nailed the look. It looks just like I remembered it, even if it's much better.

The video on the left was recorded with an emulator right? It looks sharper than the 3DS part.

Wow, it looks fantastic compared to the N64 version! The improvement in framerate alone makes a world of difference. Definitely looking forward to playing this again.

Roldan

There's a version that shows the entire world, but without the logo obscuring the owl and the clock.

Wow, didn't know there was another version, discovered now. lol
But every one i see has the game logo.

I'll keep searching, since now I want it too

Mistle

Looks fantastic. Can't wait more of the new geometry also, I remember seeing the desert area had quite substantial upgrades.

Not feeling that blue bloom forest but the extra effects like grass and the lighting on the ground on that 3rd gif are really nice.

jnWake

In the YouTube comments a guy was complaining that every boss was modified... Is that true? I thought only the Stone Tower boss was changed a bit.

EDIT: Ah, found the info in another thread. Never mind.

In any case, I like the new look. It looks creepy.

Edzi

In the YouTube comments a guy was complaining that every boss was modified... Is that true? I thought only the Stone Tower boss was changed a bit.

From the look of it, seems like they gave every boss a new giant eyeball weak spot that you have to hit to get damage. Not sure how I feel about it tbh.

Qblivion

Huh, I think I actually prefer the look of the old one.

and no, I am not nostalgic, the first time I ever played any bit of this game was last year.

Grief.exe

The Goron punch is now A LOT faster, there's no delay in his animations.

BTW:

Does anybody have the official artwork WITHOUT the logo? I'm talking about the panoramic one showing off the entire game.

Wow, didn't know there was another version, discovered now. lol
But every one i see has the game logo.

I'll keep searching, since now I want it too

I've previously looked for that one, but had been unable to find it.

Hopefully we can track one down at one point, great piece of art.

Pretty similar to the upgrade we saw with OoT. I'm really starting to want to play this. Might start the N64 version, and then grab the 3DS port.

Might as well wait for the 3DS version at this point.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Pretty similar to the upgrade we saw with OoT. I'm really starting to want to play this. Might start the N64 version, and then grab the 3DS port.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's a little over-saturated to my tastes but I do appreciate the improved textures and redone animations.

I was just thinking about how well Nintendo keeps projects a secret. 4 months from the announcement and we're going to be playing the remake of MM that fans have been begging years for. I guess thats why when people say "Nintendo doesn't have anything for the rest of the year or year 201x" I just kinda think to myself to wait and see.

Kard8p3

I like how in the last .gif the 3DS version of Skullkid's mask is hella darker, but his eyes are way brighter, makes him look even more creepy.

BLCKATK

Anyone notice that the lights under Skull Kid are no longer displaying the reverse triforce from the original game in the 3D version? Interesting omission.

3xIn1Wd.png

Faustek

After seeing Xenoblade I don't give much for it until I have it in my hands. MM that is.

Anyone notice that the lights under Skull Kid are no longer displaying the reverse triforce from the original game in the 3D version? Interesting omission.

What...what happened to it???

majik13

Everything looks better, especially the forest intro. Old MM seems so dull and flat there.

whatever reason I like the old MM mask though. Seems sharper, and better design/proportions. Also the ground looks a bit jaggy on 3DS, while N64 seems smoother but with the double edge sword of it being low detail and blurry.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Looks good. Mainly texture improvements from what I could tell. Still think 40 bucks is crazy for a mildly updated n64 game.

Are we seriously gonna do this shit again? You have to be legally blind to even think all they did was upgrade textures to sell a glorified rom-hack.

zeldarocks

Neo Member
I've previously looked for that one, but had been unable to find it.

Hopefully we can track one down at one point, great piece of art.

Might as well wait for the 3DS version at this point.

I swear I am not delusional, there exists a version without the logo. It shows the clock hands, entire clock, and the owl off-center.

Gaz_RB

Ohhhhh boy, this looks so good. More of an upgrade than I initially thought. As much as I hate it, I'm gonna be buying this and a n3DS next month.

Top Bottom